Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 191 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 268 reviews
on October 9, 2011
I'm a female college professor (not the average "gamer") and I first saw this game being played by the sales associates in my University bookstore. I was amazed by the graphics as they played disc golf but I didn't have a PS3 nor did I have any intention on purchasing one. But somehow it stuck with me and I got the whole Move shebang. I love it! I've played all the games and I like ping-pong the most. I invited a friend over and we had the best time playing disc golf but we were a little annoyed that the game didn't come with detailed instructions -- we were lost by some of the terms ("bogey") and didn't know how to interpret the little informational, on-screen graphics. We found a wiki website specifically for Sports Champions and after reading through the directions, it makes game play even more delightful. I don't always have time to play, but it's nice to turn off Law & Order once in a while, get up and MOVE with this great game.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2017
Great service and fast delivery. Already had one game got another one for our house grandkids took the other one home. They liked the interaction with the games. They also liked the choices of a variety of games to play. Great entertainment for all ages.
on August 30, 2011
Sports Champions is a very good game. You'll have a much better experience with 2 PS Move controllers instead of just one. Why? Because of Archery, Gladiator Arena, and Volleyball. I love playing Table Tennis, Archery, and Gladiator Arena. Three things that I was looking forward to play when I was watching the trailer of the game. When I played the game, it is as I expected it to be and it made the most fun, especially Archery. Sports Champions is more of a set up for other games that supports PS Move and not only that, it's the highlight of it all because of it take the advantage of the feature from PS Move. This may become an underrated game that I would love to play forever, just like other underrated games like the PC version of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. I got a knack of underrated games and they all turn out pretty awesome! If you're someone who's curious or looking into playing a game to experience PS Move then Sports Champions is the right choice. I'll tell you this, the PS Move is the most accurate motion controller gaming I've ever experiencde. Although I never tried the Wii Motion gaming, I've seen how horribly accurate it is by watching the gameplay. I've also seen it in action, so hands down PS Move defeats it.
on May 20, 2015
I have many calibration issues with this game, get sports champions 2. I really wish sony would have made the camera better, I think the move would have survived longer if the early games worked right. The eye camera is so low resolution that it is hard to calibrate games like this without perfect lighting.
on November 4, 2011
If you have a move you should have this game. As the PS3 equivalent of Wii Sports this game really stands as a level up in technology and presentation.

Sword fighting is really really awesome and it's my favorite sport. After 1 week with it the sword fighting, alone, got me to go and buy a second Move controller so I could use the shield a bit easier (otherwise you have to press a button to switch which hand your move controller is controlling). How you swing is exactly where the sword goes, it has special moves and neat combos and everything else you'll love.

The Frisbee game is pretty neat. It definitely responds well and for that game it's really more about the visual and the mechanics of stuff like Wind and all that. It's really pretty.

The Archery game is.. nothing special. It's better with 2 move controllers for sure but really, you won't spend a lot of time in there probably. It's very very easy.

Table Tennis responds well and is pretty fun.

I personally thought Volleyball was dumb. But that's probably just me. It controls well and all but I just don't understand volleyball video games. It's sort of hard to lose.

Bocce is more fun than you'd expect.
on April 18, 2017
its like the diet coke off wii sports rip offs
VINE VOICEon September 1, 2011
Compared to Killzone and other complicated games, this one is setup for quick play. It doesnt have cutting edge graphics like uncharted, killzone.. which helps to load quickly and play. Game is fast and fun to play. All of them are fun when played with one more person, move is very responsive and can be played in small rooms too. Only thing, I wish they had simply choosen, Tennis, Boxing, Baseball, Bowling. They didnt want to look like HD version of Wii sports. So instead of Tennis, we have ping pong. Boxing is replaced with Sword fight, bowling with bootee ball, base ball with volley ball. Tennis, boxing, base ball mechanics are easier for new comers to jump in and play. Here it is must for every one to go through the training session. So it doesnt have the same party appeal as Wii sports. Any one from small kids to grandma can pick up and play Wii sports.. this one is not meant for that ultra casual market. This is more suitable for gamers who want to use skill in motion gaming. Well designed and implemented, apart from the choice of games.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2010
Prologue: I own both the Wii and the PS3

This game has made me do more exercise than anything I've ever see in a console. I own Wii Sports Resort and honestly, I spent less time over the lifetime of that product that I have in the 3 days I've had this one. The 5 sports in this package are great (except maybe Volleyballl, but for some people it's their favorite), when in WSR only a handful were enjoyable. There's tons to unlock in this as well.

Advantages over other Motion Control Solutions in the World:

+HD big plus for me!
+Accurate controls: When you 'push the raquet towards the TV, I felt like a giddy child. It's an awesome feeling.
+ Rechargeable controllers: No more AA batteries!

Get this to experience something new! (Gladiators is my favorite!)
55 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2017
Cool games, kids love it!
on July 15, 2011
With six events to choose from, "Sports Champions" has the ability to accommodate players of all skill levels, and the Move capabilities are excellently showcased, with one or two controller options for three of the six sports. For the beginner, events are challenging but not to the point where you would want to give up in frustration. I bought this game hoping to find a fun, indoor exercise option for those days when Seattle lives up to the stereotype, and I am definitely thrilled with my purchase. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that the responsiveness of the characters does seem to be diminished in uneven or dim lighting - I lost two Gladiator matches rather badly before I figured out that I needed to turn on another lamp! But this is such a small thing that I still rate this a five star game. And it is the only PS3 game that my mom will play as well - though after she annihilated me in Table Tennis, I think I'm not asking her to join me anymore. ;)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.