Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
TETON Sports Explorer 4000 Internal Frame Backpack; Great Backpacking Gear; Backpack for Men and Women; Hiking Backpacks for Camping and Hunting; with a New Limited Edition Color; Free Rain Cover Included
|Price:||$64.00 & FREE Shipping—or get FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime & FREE Returns|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HIGH RANKING PACK: Continues to be a top selling backpack on Amazon at a great price for the included features; Rugged internal frame backpack with a 4,000 cubic inch (65 L) capacity--large enough for 2-5 day trips; Backpack for men, women and youth
- BEATS OUT OTHER PACKS IN ITS CLASS: Packs at much higher prices can't compare to this pack, it's so well built; Includes pass through side pockets for storing tent poles, etc.; Hydration ready (bladder not included); Pack weight 5 pounds (2.3 kg)
- FIVE-STAR COMFORT: Multi-position torso adjustment fits wide range of body sizes; Durable open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels provide maximum comfort and airflow; Backpack for men and women
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Hundreds of 5-star reviews testifying to the great quality and design; Includes large sleeping bag compartment, multi-directional compression straps, and multiple compartments and pockets for strategic packing
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY: TETON Sports’ AMAZING customer service team is one YOU CAN COUNT ON to get your products taken care of and get you back OUTDOORS; #getoutdoors with TETON Sports
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Explorer4000 Internal Frame Backpack
The TETON Sports Explorer 4000 is a large capacity pack that includes six pockets plus a main compartment, three mesh pouches, upper and lower gear loops and four compression straps. The bendable aluminum stays and thick lumbar and upper back pads provide comfort even with heavy loads. The Explorer 4000 comes with a fully adjustable torso, shoulder and hip straps with tensioners and breathable mesh. The floating pocket design allows you to secure tent poles to the sides of the pack and still access zip pockets and mesh pouches. This backpack is also hydration ready and will hold up to a 3-liter water bladder (not included).
Thick Back and Hip Padding
Durable open-cell foam with lumbar pad and molded channels provides maximum comfort and allows airflow.
Top Load Straps and Expandable Hood
Top and bottom compression straps to secure sleeping bag, pad or tent.
Lower Sleeping Bag Compartment
Lower compression straps and sleeping bag compartment to help organize your gear and offer quick access.
|Capacity||2700 Cubic Inches / 44 Liters||3400 Cubic Inches / 55 Liters||4000 Cubic Inches / 65 Liters||4000 Cubic Inches / 65 Liters||5200 Cubic Inches / 75+10 Liters||5,500 Cubic Inches / 90 Liters|
|Color Options||Blackout||Mecca Orange | Hunter Green||Blackout||Metallic Silver | Navy Blue||Mars Red | Navy Blue||Blackout|
|Dimensions||26” x 11” x 9”||30" x 17" x 12"||27” x 12” x 10”||32" x 18" x 12"||34" x 16" x 13"||34" x 15" x 17"|
|Torso Length Adjustment||Adjustable 15" - 20"||Adjustable 15" - 19.5"||Adjustable 15" - 20"||Adjustable 19" - 23"||Adjustable 15.5" - 23"||Adjustable 16” – 22”|
|Pack Weight||4.1 lbs (with tarp poncho) 3.2 lbs (without tarp poncho)||4.5 lbs||5.25 lbs (with tarp poncho) 4 lbs (without tarp poncho)||5 lbs||5.5 lbs||6 lbs (with tarp poncho) 5.2 lbs (without tarp poncho)|
|Fit to Size Description|
|Item Dimensions||15.75 x 17.72 x 31.89 inches|
|Item Weight||4.98 pounds|
|Liquid Volume||101.4 Fluid Ounces|
|Shipping Weight||5.25 pounds|
|Sport Type||Camping & Hiking|
|Volume||4000 cu in|
The TETON Sports Explorer 4000 Backpack is a great backpack for men or women to take on those longer backpacking trips (2-5 days). This pack includes many of the features you usually see on higher-priced packs. The Explorer 4000 has a capacity of 4000 cubic inches (65 liters). You will love the fully adjustable torso and waist belt--made to fit people between 5'1" to 6'4". It also includes upper load adjustment straps at the shoulders, thick padded shoulder straps, and a durable open-cell foam lumbar pad so you can comfortably carry heavier loads and enjoy maximum air flow through your back, shoulders, and waist. A super durable pack made with 600D squared ripstop and 600D Oxford canvas shell stands up to years of rugged adventuring. Includes a large sleeping bag compartment, pass-through weather shielded side pockets to accommodate tent poles or long gear, and multi-directional compression straps. The Explorer has multiple compartments and pockets arranged for strategic packing. Rainfly included with purchase.
The Explorer 4000 is packed with features normally found only on more expensive backpacks such as a full-length adjustable torso that allows this pack to be adjusted for those 5 feet, 1 inch tall all the way up to 6 feet, 4 inches tall. The padded back and airflow system provides padding in the perfect spots while allowing substantial airflow to prevent your back from getting too hot. Its contoured shoulder, lumbar, and hip pads help ensure a comfortable trip. The Explorer 4000 also features a padded water bladder pocket for your favorite water bladder up to 3 liters in size. Side zippered pockets, mesh pockets, and a top zippered pocket provide plenty of room for smaller accessories. There's even two spots for walking sticks. A top-loading main compartment and a sleeping bag compartment complete the pack. Includes bright yellow attached rain fly and is hydration system ready.
- Rugged, internal frame backpack with 4,000 cubic inch capacity
- Dual aluminum stays adjust to the contour of your back
- Full-length adjustable torso and adjustable shoulder straps for a more comfortable fit
- Padded shoulder straps, padded waist belts and padded lumbar area for maximum comfort, with airflow system to reduce heat
- Separate sleeping bag compartment
- Includes a bright yellow attached rainfly and is hydration system ready
- Height-adjustment shoulder straps accommodate a wide range of torso lengths
- Capacity: 4,000 cubic inches
- Dimensions: 34 by 18 by 12 inches (full capacity)
- Pack Weight: 5 lbs
- Shell: 600D Diamond Ripstop
See all Product description
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Seller Warranty DescriptionLimited Lifetime Warranty - TETON Sports strives to manufacture the best possible products for our customers. Our limited lifetime warranty covers products against defects in materials or workmanship. This warranty is cheerfully extended to the original owner only and excludes normal wear and tear (e.g., zippers that wear out after extended use) or misuse. Please follow care instructions. If, after inspection, a product is determined by us to be defective in workmanship or materials, we will repair or replace it at our option, at no cost to you (the original owner). Contact customer service for assistance by visiting us online at tetonsports.com to obtain a return authorization number. Shipping fees may apply. For international warranty claims (outside the United States), shipping and duty fees are the responsibility of the consumer.
Top customer reviews
Besides the height, I felt this pack was more than adequate for capacity. I read many reviews about the small sleeping bag pouch, but I was able to fit my summer bag(+40), tent, stakes, AND tent rainfly in the pouch with room to spare. I will just strap my tent poles on the side, which has straps specifically for that purpuse. I do have a LARGE winter bag which would be snug, but I would definitly strap that on the outside with all the extra straps this pack has. This pack has hidden pockets just about everywhere, which is nice when you have lots of gear you want to get at without unpacking everything.
I started stuffing all my things in this pack to see what kind of balance it had and it felt great and was very sturdy. I posted a picture on here to see it on a tall person, but please note only had it 3/4 full. I will try and update this post after I use it on the Lake Superior Hiking Trail this fall.
Let be honest though, the real reason I bought this pack was for the price... wow great pack for the money. You could almost compare this pack to a $300+ pack from REI. I hope that Teton keeps the price low and they will sell a TON of these.
This backpack is extremely well made. I was able to pack the sleeping pad, backpack, clothes for 7 days, rain gear, toiletry kit, a dry bag, travel towel, Kindle, chargers, first aid supplies and still have room left over. It went through checked luggage since the plane was way too small to accommodate much in the way of carry ons, and it stood up to being manhandled with ease. It still looks brand new, and my husband is not always gentle with his stuff.
We didn't use any of the outer loops since it was going to be a checked luggage item, but I'm excited to see how much more room we'll have when we take it camping and can actually put the sleeping bag on the outside. It's going to be perfect for traveling abroad, too.
I can't say how well it holds any cooking gear since we didn't need to pack any for this trip, but there's no doubt in my mind that it'll be able to accommodate it with ease, providing you're packing compact, lightweight gear.
I have used this bags dozens of times and everything still works perfectly.
The only issue I have found is the pads around the hips are not as comfortable as some of the other bags I have used. This one starts to make your hips really really sore.
A couple of issues I have with this bag:
1. Quality. I know that this bag is about half to a third of the price of it's competitors but both bags I have had have somewhat questionable build quality. The first one the zip inside the sleeping bag compartment was stitched together so there was no way to open or close the compartment so I returned it. The bag I currently have I took on it's first backpacking trip last weekend and 2 of the cords around the zippers ripped off after the second time I used those zips...
2. I'm not sure what that mesh compartment on the front outside of the bag is supposed to be for but I have a number of foldable trail maps and none of them fit in there, it is way to small.
All being said, not bad. I also own a Teton Summit 1500 that I use for day hikes which is a great bag and have had no issues with that so maybe I have been unlucky with this one.