- Series: Sports illustrated winner's circle books
- Hardcover: 173 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Books Australia (October 27, 1988)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0452261058
- ISBN-13: 978-0452261051
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 0.4 x 9.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,191,862 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Sports Illustrated Track: Championship Running (Sports illustrated winner's circle books) Hardcover – October 27, 1988
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top Customer Reviews
Hurumph and grumble.
I had hoped to find some in-depth, seasoned veteran type of information. SP is generally aware of what makes an athlete tick, and good training is where it starts. Instead, I feel like I was reading encylopedia entries: A little info, enough to let me know a given event requires good form... but they tried to pack too much into too few pages. Good pictures (though they look dated), indicating proper form, but not much else.
What could be that one book covering all track events resulted in being that book which sounds like a high school student's senior report.
SP: Go back, add 300 more pages, equally divided among the track events, and publish it. Otherwise, don't waste the paper.