Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "TETON Sports TrailHead +20F Ultralight Sleeping Ba...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 28% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
TETON Sports TrailHead +20F Ultralight Sleeping Bag; Free Stuff Sack Included
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- GREAT BACKPACKING SLEEPING BAG: Lightweight mummy-style bag; Perfect for backpacking trips during most camping seasons; only 2.9 pounds
- ROOMY MUMMY BAG: Longer and wider size fits more body types (87x32x22 inches); Mummy hood keeps head or pillow off the ground; Interior pocket zips to safely hold electronics or wallet
- ADDED COMFORT: Breathable, soft, double-brushed liner for a more comfortable night's sleep; Survival rating is +20 degrees, for comfort try a bag with 15-20 degrees lower survival rating like the TETON Sports Tracker +5F or LEEF 0F
- EVEN MORE FEATURES: Foot box design provides comfort for toes even when lying on your back; Full-length zipper baffle reduces drafts; Diamond ripstop shell is water-resistant and doesn’t tear
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY: At TETON Sports when we say "Limited Lifetime Warranty" we mean WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK! We have an AWESOME customer service team based right here in the USA. It's service YOU CAN COUNT ON to get your products taken care of and get you back OUTDOORS; #getoutdoors with TETON Sports
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
TrailHead +20ºF Ultralight Mummy Bag
Innovative 7-denier interwoven PolarLite insulation gives warmth without bulk.
Drawstring hood with shoulder baffle keeps out drafts.
Interior zip pocket keeps flashlight, wallet or keys handy.
Included carry bag for storage.
TrailHead +20ºF Ultralight Sleeping Bag
Trailhead -7ºC/+20ºF Ultralight Sleeping Bag
The lightweight but warm TETON Sports Trailhead -7ºC/+20ºF is designed with 7-denier woven fiber fill, shoulder and zipper baffles, drawstring hood. Breathable, soft, double-brushed liner. Innovative PolarLite insulation keeps you warm even though the entire bag is thin and light. 87 inches x 32 inches (at widest point) provides shoulder and leg room while foot box design lets you lie with toes up and still be comfortable. Zipper pullers on inside and outside of bag for easy closure. Mummy-style hood with shoulder baffle and drawstring. Taped, anti-snag zippers and full-length zipper draft tube. Zippered inner pocket for valuables. Weighs 2.9 pounds.
|Journey +40ºF||Trailhead +20ºF||Tracker +5ºF||LEEF +20ºF||LEEF 0ºF||Tracker Double-Wide +5ºF|
|Dimensions (in inches)||90" x 33"||87" x 32" (at the shoulders) x 22" (at the foot)||87" x 34" (at the shoulders) x 22" (at the foot)||87" x 34" (at the shoulders) x 22" (at the foot)||87" x 34" (at the shoulders) x 22" (at the foot)||87" x 63" (at the shoulders) x 44" (at the foot)|
|Color options||Red/Grey||TETON Orange/Grey or Green/Grey||Red/Grey or Green/Grey||Green||Black||Red/Grey|
|Temperature rating (Fahrenheit)||+40ºF (Summer Sleeping Bag)||+20°F||+5ºF||+20ºF||0ºF||+5°F|
|Pack weight||2.3 pounds||2.9 pounds||4.1 pounds||3.5 lbs||4.2 lbs||8.2 pounds|
|Pack size (in inches)||11" x 6" x 6"||14.5" x 6.5" x 6.5"||15" x 9" x 9"||14" x 8" x 8"||15" x 9" x 9"||18" x 10" x 10"|
Finally, a mummy bag designed for comfort and weight reduction. Longer and wider than most mummy bags, the TETON Sports TrailHead +20°F has a soft, breathable liner and an extended foot box with room for toes. Unzip from top or bottom with both interior and exterior zipper pulls so when mummy hood is cinched, you can still close the bag all the way. Safety Velcro tab to make sure bag stays closed. Zippers are fully taped with an anti-snag design; made from engineered acetal resin designed for extreme temperature and pressure, so they’re light-weight but still durable. Soft, interior zip pocket for wallet or keys plus zipper draft tube and shoulder baffle. Includes 13.5” x 6.75” drawstring stuff sack.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
It comes in a stuff sack, and is a decent size on it's own.
I bought a Small sized Nelson-Rigg Compression sack, and I recommend that as well for this bag. It gets this back down to the size of a cantaloupe.
Size: This bag is plenty big/comfortable. I'm 6'1" 200lbs and had no problem. It packs down to a pretty small size using the included stuff sack--small enough to fit in the lower sleeping bag compartment of my Teton Sports Explorer 4000 backpack ( [...] ).
Construction: on par with the rest of Teton Sports other gear. For those who don't own anything from this brand, Teton is all about good quality for a good price. It may not be the fanciest, or absolutely top of the line, but its definitely quality stuff. THE INSIDE MATERIAL OF THIS BAG IS VERY COMFORTABLE. I hate that slick sleeping bag material. Luckily, this bag has a softer more sheet like material on the inside.
Temperature rating: WORD OF CAUTION...per Teton's website, their temperature rating is a survivability rating rather than a comfort rating ( [...] ). For a comfort rating they say you should add 20 degrees. So, this bag may be more like a 40 deg bag when compared to bags standardized to the EN 13537 rating system ( [...] ). Knowing this, I went ahead and purchased a Teton Sports bag liner ( [...] ) which they say should add 10 degrees (my goal was to have a 20-30 deg bag). On my first and only trip so far with this bag the lows were in the high 40's and I slept fine, I do tend to be a hot sleeper though. We'll have to see how it does in colder weather.
Conclusion: Overall, I'm pretty happy with this purchase. I also bought a storage bag for it ( [...] )--since sleeping bags should be stored uncompressed or hanging. Even with the liner and the cotton storage bag I still came out spending about 1/2 of what I would have at REI for a 20 deg bag. I'll update the review after I've had chance to use it more often/in colder weather. Hope you find the review helpful!
1. It is not generously proportioned. The bag is no bigger than a standard mummy and is extremely confining.
2. While "rated" for 20 degrees, the bag was not able to provide reasonable insulation below about 40 degrees. I sleep hot. If you sleep cold it will probably be closer to 50 degrees.
3. IT WAS MADE AND IMPORTED INTO THE U.S. IN 2001 ACCORDING TO THE TAG ON THE BAG. It has been stuffed/rolled in it's stuff sack and box for 15 years. Anyone who owns sleeping bags like this knows that keeping them stuffed for long periods of time ruins the insulation, both down and synthetic. It could be the reason for the incredibly bad temperature rating. I hope Amazon takes this bag back from me. Otherwise I'm throwing it out.
4. It stuff small and is easy to carry on a motorcycle.
My only complaint is if your over 6ft tall, your not going to fit well, especially if you have long arms, its going to be quite cramped.
On the flip side, it's great in the summer. I don't overheat. You can unzip it to cool off. The inside is nice and comfy.
It's shockingly compact compared to other bags with similar ratings (nearly half the size of an expensive 10F bag I have) and very light at 3.5 pounds. Great for entry and mid-level backpacking. The material is comfortable and the price is incredible.
If you're doing the PCT you'd want something more, but for the average camper and backpacker this is a GREAT three season bag. Even ultra lite hikers might be impressed. I certainly was.