Sportsman Pocket Chainsaw 36 Inch Long Chain & FREE Fire Starter Best Compact Folding Hand Saw Tool for Survival Gear, Camping, Hunting, Tree Cutting or Emergency Kit. Replaces Your Pruning & Pole Saw
- Low Return Rate: 70% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 90% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "pocket chainsaw"
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ✔️LENGTH MATTERS! - While other 24 inch saws are too short, too weak, or simply just break after a few uses, our saw has a full longer, thicker 36" chain (EXCLUDING HANDLES). The bi directional, self cleaning chainsaw style cutting teeth tears through wood cutting both ways! Made of high 65 mn high carbon heat treated steel, the longer chain equals incredibly fast cutting time with razor sharp blades sawing 3 sides of a limb at once clearly outclassing the competition in quality & performance.
- ✔️TOUGHEST & MOST DURABLE SURVIVAL HAND SAW ON AMAZON - Rips through anything from thin branches to large tree trunks in seconds. Cuts over head branches with ease. Our Saw has heavy duty rugged handles with metal brackets and can easily be re-sharpened unlike other sharp pointed pocket saws. The Sportsman Pocket Chainsaw comes with a tough nylon front snap storage pouch and belt loop. It can be sharpened with a regular 5/32 round chainsaw file. Perfect Multitool for all your Bushcraft needs
- ✔️QUALITY COUNTS - You can find saws for less, but they offer you MUCH less. We all know, typically if you spend less now, you'll pay MORE later as the quality of hand chainsaws are NOT all the same ★Other CHEAPER saws are simply made with a thinner chain & handles★ You get what you pay for and we guarantee our heavy duty saw for "LIFE"... for a reason. BONUS- Magnesium Fire Starter 8mm DIAMETER ROBUST FERRO ROD- water resistant, shatterproof, contains everything you need to start a fire
- ✔️SPORTSMAN INDUSTRIES™ - FEATURED IN THE MEDIA ON *FOX NEWS *CBS *NBC *ABC. We are 100% focused on communication with our customers. We fully test and engineer our products vigorously in the Canadian great white north with the customer experience in mind...if needed, open mindedness to innovate breakthrough designs contingent on customer feedback. Our pruning saw is perfect for Boy Scouts, Bug Out Bag or Emergency Kit. Clear mountain bike & ATV trails or shooting lanes. Makes a great gift
- ✔️OUR 100% IRON CLAD LIFETIME GUARANTEE THAT OTHER COMPANIES ARE SIMPLY AFRAID TO OFFER - Protect your investment! We fully stand behind our top rated, best selling camp saw (fulfilled by Amazon). If we didn't we wouldn't offer you a LIFETIME GUARANTEE! If you're not impressed or satisfied after using our cool pocket saw, Sportsman Industries offers a full 100%, no questions asked, Money Back Guarantee. (Find another vendor that will do that!)
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Sportsman Pocket Chainsaw By Sportsman Industries - Cut With Confidence!
Your Search For The Best Pocket Chainsaw Is Finally Over!
NO MORE! to wire saws that break and cut poorly or saws that are poorly made with thin chains and too short to cut a thicker limb!
NO MORE! to thin saws that have pointed teeth that are impossible to sharpen!
The Sportsman Pocket chainsaw is very handy when you find yourself away from home and the need for cutting wood is absolutely necessary for survival purposes. For example, when you’re out camping and you need to cut wood to make a fire or perhaps you find yourself on a trail with your horse or ATV and a fallen tree is blocking your path. Or even worse, you find yourself in a major disaster and need to build shelter. Our world class quality saw is extremely light weight, portable and flexible. Our saw is designed to cut through the hardest of wood easily in tight places and specially treated to help prevent rust and corrosion. This saw can be used by anyone!
A Lightweight Survival Saw That's Perfect For ATV'S, Hiking, Camping Preparedness and Survival - Perfect For Landscapers Or Home Emergency Kits.
Our Saw Comes With:
- A high carbon 65mn thick chain that can be easily re-sharpened with a 5/32 round chainsaw file over and over again.
- Rugged cross stitched handles.
- Nicely package in a box - not a poly bag.
- Includes 8mm round fire starter.
- Perfect for your Bug out bag.
- Makes A Great Gift For Any Outdoor Enthusiast.
Thick Limbs, Stumps and Roots Don't Stand A Chance With Our Long 3 Foot Razor Sharp, Thick Chain.
Don't Sell Yourself Short!
The 36 Inch Longer Chain Benefits Over A Shorter 24" Saw:
- Longer chain equals longer strokes with more teeth equals faster cutting times.
- Easier to cut higher branches.
- Longer means better body posture when cutting equals less fatigue.
- Cuts thicker limbs that shorter saws can't.
Start Your Own Pocket Chainsaw Massacre Now!
Rugged Carrying Case - The heavy duty nylon storage pouch comes with robust front snap clip and a belt loop so it never leaves your side. Its small enough to fit in your pocket and weighing only 4.8 oz. (54g), the Sportsman Pocket Chainsaw is the perfect light weight saw for hiking and camping.
*If you get into an emergency situation, you'll be glad you have it!
Pruning A Tree? - From hardwood to soft, the Sportsman Pocket Chainsaw rips through all types of wood with ease. Our saw is designed to cut through hardwood easily in tight places and specially treated to help prevent rust and corrosion.
*Add rope and make a high limb saw to prune those tree limbs out of reach!
Fire Starter Instructions:
- Scrape off black coating on the 3" rod.
- Scrape off the green paint on the edge of the scraper.
- Shave magnesium into a small pile.
- Strike the flint with the edge of the scraper downward or a sharp knife onto the magnesium pile.
- Place tinder on fire.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Unlike some others I've read about, this saw is nice and long at 3 feet, won't bind so easily and has really well thought out spacing and directionality of the blades. It is now part of my essential gear.
Don't have second thoughts about this one - GET IT!
EDIT June 7 2014: Still WOW! Did a high limb this time, with the greatest of ease. Seriously, if I was just Joe or Jane Homeowner, I'd recommend this saw over the purchase of a small electric or gas chainsaw. It is sooo much cheaper, and does the same thing if just used occassionally. For camping, it is a no-brainer.
A couple of tips I might share regarding high limbs are these: (1) Use a partner to cut and space yourselves widely - not under the limb. Obviously, that is for your own safety but also it will keep the chain from binding near the final part of the cut (the radius of the chain's path is best kept as large as possible. Think about it - no chain can turn 180 degrees in the radius of a quarter). (2) Put curious pets and children indoors so they dont get clobbered by the limb. (3) When tossing a line over the limb and then hauling the rope and cutter up to position it over the limb, clip a little rod or indicator in the strap so you know the teeth are facing the right way. (4) If you do use a rope through each strap for high limbs, dont tie BIG knots. Use slip knots with the lose (release) end of the knot tied to lightweight fishing line you can reach if you need to...Otherwise, what will you do if you have a serious bind in an unfinished cut? This way, you can release one of the ropes, then walk far to the opposite side with the remaining rope, and pull the chainsaw out.
My boys also had a blast cutting firewood with it. Kept them busy for a few hours comparing my SVEN 21" Backpacking saw against this pocket chainsaw. Both were equally effective, but I think the SVEN saw took a little less effort. For the size and ease though - I'll always carry this pocket chainsaw.
I am no Charles Atlas, but I am 6 feet, 218 and workout several times a week. Take my word for this: on a 4" green maple stump, the chain required more than 100 lbs of force through most of the cut. The chain was not kinked, it had been oiled, and I was unable to pull the non-cutting side through without removing the chain from the kerf. This is not an arm powered tool. It is a back powered tool, at least when cutting hardwood.
I had hoped this would replace my 18 volt Ryobi reciprocating saw with a Fiskars pruning blade. Probably not. It may be somewhat easier to cut 75% through a 6 or 10 inch limb, but I will plan to finish with the Ryobi.
Update: I must add that this seller is extraordinarily concerned with customer satisfaction. He contacted me immediately following the posting of my review to make sure I knew how to use the product correctly, and to assure me that if I was not pleased, he would accommodate me. I am pleased with the excellent service, and will work on my techniques to use th esaw more effectively.