Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 79 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
on June 1, 2011
I bought this at the end of winter to replace my old gasoline powered one after it wouldn't start (due to the ethanol in the gas gumming up the engine) during an ice storm. I was planning to be prepared for this coming winter. I never imagined I would be using it a few months later when a tornado whipped through our neighborhood and county just before Memorial Day. We were fortunate and only without power for 4 days, but this generator came through with flying colors. I hadn't even taken it out of the box and really wasn't at all prepared for this storm. I didn't have the battery in yet so we had to manually pull start. I have neck issues but it wasn't that difficult and started quickly each time. The brochure says you will get around 8 hours on a half load, ...NOT. Try figuring on 4 to 5. Didn't seem to matter what we ran that was the average. At $20 bucks a little 20lb bottle we got into a rhythm of running it noon to 5pm for the heat of the day and again at night 10pm to 3am for showers and such.
I planned to have a large 100lb or maybe 250lb propane tank to have on hand for this winter. The initial investment of 7 additional tanks to add to my two I had for the grill cost around $300. We used 8 bottles total being conservative with the use. Off of that I supplied my house and my daughters house (next door) with power to run a refridgerator and fan, while I ran a freezer and refriderator and fan. We also had an outlet on for charging cell phones. I would turn on the hot water heater to charge it but would turn off some of the refridgerators just to be conservative. We are on a well, so it also had a big draw whenever the pump kicked on.
All and all I am delighted with my purchase, and will make sure to have plenty of propane in place for this winter! (we live on the side of the mountain and you can't always drive up the road). The nice thing about the propane it has a long shelf life unlike the gasoline powered units, so I can relax and know it will be good for a few years not a few months.
Hope this was helpful...
1717 comments| 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2011
This generator was purchased through an Amazon partner(CSN) arrived ahead of schedule and in perfect shape thanks to R+L Carriers!
I did not have a battery on hand yet to use the electric starter but the pull rope worked very well! After connecting it to the propane, it took about 3 pulls to start for the first time and it ran perfectly. The choke handle is kind of flimsy, but we didn't need to use it. It is a bit louder than I expected, but I don't have prior experience with a generator to compare it to.
The assembly directions are not as easy as they could be, so it took a few extra minutes to figure out how to attach the handle and wheels, etc. That was not a big problem though. We plugged in several small items to see how they would do and it had no trouble running them.
We decided to get the 30 pound(7 1/2 gallons) cylinder of propane for this just to add a little more run time than I could get with a grill sized cylinder and will probably buy 1 more cylinder as a back up.
I would highly recommend this generator for the ease of use and great price!
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2013
Bought one that was a warehouse deal. Expected the worse. Boy was I wrong. Perfect shape all parts there. Not even a scratch, and saved $100 bucks plus shipping. This generator is simply awesome. It was shipped on a truck equipped with a lift gate making delivery very easy for me and a 2 wheel dolly. I assembled it in minutes with the easy to comprehend instructions. Hooked up the tank and second pull it started. (and I'm a little 100 lb. woman)Flipped my outside breaker and ran it liberally for 4 hours, used 10 lbs of propane. Then I used it like I normally live conservatively, the other 10 lbs of propane lasted 6 1/2 hrs. Love it. No more gasoline for me. I also noticed it did not smell like my old gasoline generator. Cheaper, cleaner, do not have to run it every moth to keep it from gumming up. Do not have to worry about my gas going bad. The list goes on. Love it. Thank you Amazon for the great deal.
on June 3, 2013
The generator arrived in perfect condition. Very easy to install the wheels and handle. There was some commitments left in regards to installing these. Ah if you cant figure this out, you shouldn't be handling a genny.
Anyways on to my review. Pretty straight forward. Install battery. (some have complained about the battery size. Just measure the bracket and go to wally world and get a motorcycle battery the same size as the dimension.)
Connect LPG line to bottle, then to genny, turn on bottle & fuel shut off. set choke to full close. push start button.....and vroom! after it starts, slowly shut off choke. Thats it!
the reason for me buying this was to be used at my log cabin in Maine. Wife was not liking the fact of having to try and fill the gas tank from a 5gal jug, and pull starting it was a bear.
Now we dont have to worry about storing gas up there and it going bad.
This genny to me is just a wee bit quieter then my gas one. Nice thing also is that there is no noxious fumes like the gas one produces.
Ran it for 30 minutes under a full house! load and engine pitch never changed!
on August 3, 2011
This generator is simply awesome. It was shipped on a truck equipped with a liftgate making delivery very easy for me and my 2 wheel dolly.

The generator instructions to get the wheels on could be better. I read other reviews that mentioned this. So, I downloaded the manual from buffalo tools and studied the blow up diagram and read the installation process. This made things much easier for me and quicker. A few screws here and there with metric wrenches and I was done. All I had to do was add oil up to the bottom of the lip where the oil plug is inserted as stated on the manual.

It started with the first pull. Setup is easy. Attach the propane hose to the generator and propane tank, open propane nozzle, turn VERY LARGE switch on generator to "on" position, close choke, pull hand starter. Super easy.

Haven't used under load but I'm sure it will perform nicely. I purchased a used 100 lb propane tank. This thing will run for about 40 hours on 50% load before the tank runs out. 80 hours if I buy another and connect them together. Also, there is no "low oil" light. It will simply turn off and won't start if there isn't enough oil.

Say goodbye to gumed up carbs and expensive gasoline. Propane is the way to go.

July 2nd, 2012: Micro burst killed power across town. Gas station even closed (pumps run off electricity). Neighbor had to drive all over to find gas. I rolled out my 100 lb propane tank. Powered entire house: 2 window AC units, 1 central AC, 2 refrigerators, lighting and I did a load of laundry by the time he got back.

I posted a pic of my setup, both inside and outside.
review image review image
1010 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2015
Trouble since the day I got it less than two years ago. Always an issue getting it started. First it was "not level" so that was fixed, then it just refused to turn over-- tried using engine quick start in the carb and that worked, for awhile-- took it out after sitting several months, added a brand new battery and now won't turn over at all. Called customer service and after troubleshooting the unit with me says I need to replace something called "the mixer", which, of course, they don't have in stock and have no idea when they may get more-- plus it's $65 plus shipping....all this for a unit less that 2 years old that was bought after hurricane Sandy to protect my family--- I just pray that we don't need it before I can figure out a way to get this thing repaired! Oh, and it is out of warranty so the company was of no help even suggesting what to do.....beware!
on November 5, 2012
We purchased this product during the summer, and had an electrician wire a transfer panel to hook it up to using the 30A outlet. We had tried a test of it after the purchase and wiring by the electrician. Easy to assemble the handle and wheels. The directions weren't the best, but easy enough to figure out. I would have preferred the wheels were on a single axle, but that might be splitting hairs.

During Hurricane Sandy, we had the "opportunity" to use it for real. This generator performed great. Started on the 2nd pull, and powered everything we needed. I don't know how long a tank of propane lasts since we only had it running a few hour before our power was restored. I would recommend this purchase to anyone needing a good generator. I also am happy with the choice of propane versus gasoline.
on March 14, 2014
To be clear, Amazon's customer service was excellent in this matter and I genuinely appreciate that.

I rated it one star because one cannot give it zero . . . However, I purchased this heap of crap from Amazon. It arrived with a broken carburetor and air cleaner. The generator says, on the side in big letters "Do not contact the seller, contact us directly" and there is an 800 number. I did, it took several calls and three weeks later the parts arrived. I installed them and it still didn't work. So I called the same customer service fool -- Kellie -- and she ultimately had me ship it back to their facility. Kellie then went on vacation. Radio silence. Another three weeks pass and it was returned to me this time not in a box, scratched, dented, and packaging tape over much of it. It still didn't work so I called my buddy Kellie back and she told me to go pound sand . . .

Thank you, Amazon, for standing behind what you sell. I recommend that neither Amazon, nor the readers of this review do business with this company -- BUFFALO TOOLS -- ever again.
on July 8, 2013
The product worked as expected. However, delivery was later than projected, the carrier used for the delivery was awful, an accessory part was missing, and the vendor could not be contacted either through phone or e-mail at the time.

Fortunately, Amazon was, as usual, outstanding in their customer support. They shipped the missing part (the LP regulator connector hose) from their own product inventory at no charge. Subsequently (the next week), I was able to contact the vendor. Apparently, they had been engaged in a move during the week I had been trying to contact them initially. At least now I know they are available if future support should be required.
on November 21, 2012
I did my research and determined this was the largest portable propane powered generator available. It started right up and runs great. I purchased a 12 volt battery and the push button start also works great. I can run two refrigerators, a freezer, a small gas fired furnace heater, lights and TV / Internet. I recomend having an electrician install a back feed power cable and circuit breaker sub panel in your house with a generator breaker interlock kit (instead of using a bunch of extension chords). Also, propane is much safer to store, has a longer shelf life, burns cleaner and is easier to obtain when a power outage shuts down the gas station pumps.