Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Spot It! Numbers and Shapes
Package Quantity: 1|Change

on October 29, 2014
We own Spot It!, Spot It! Numbers and Shapes and Spot It! Alphabets. My kids (4 and 5) are struggling with numbers. I'm not really sure why they are having a problem with numbers, because base numbers 1-9 should be more simple than learning 26 letters, but I digress.

Spot It! Numbers and Shapes are working a lot better because of creating motivation by competition. They are getting better recognition about every other time we play. I've seen them default to just matching shapes instead of numbers, so we sometimes play with a "No Shapes" rule.

My kids prefer the base Spot It! and the Alphabet version better because they have a harder time with the numbers so we alternate the other games to keep them motivated and give them a chance to get ramped back up.
on December 31, 2015
We bought this for our 3 year old who loves the original Spot It. Although she knows her numbers and shapes, we thought this would be a fun way to reinforce her knowledge. I'm only giving it 3 stars for two reasons. First, it has WAY less cards in the deck than the original and that was kind of a bummer. Second, the nines don't look different from the sixes at all and it's kind of confusing. They have a line underneath to help clarify, but it's still pretty bad. The sixes and nines are also often the SAME color which makes it even trickier. Our daughter has figured it out, but I feel like they could have done a much better job on the artwork and included a few more cards!
on February 21, 2016
This is an excellent game that I purchased for my daughter recently as a Christmas gift. She is 6 years old and she struggles with keeping a good attention span. I was looking for a game that was fast paced enough to keep her attention, yet at the same time easy enough for a 6 year old to pick up on and play. It took her only a few minutes and 1 round to figure out how to play the game. She absolutely loves it and I was surprised at how well she was able to play after only a few minutes. In fact, many rounds she was beating me and I was not trying to go easy on her. The game itself is about quickly identifying shapes and colors on 2 cards. There are 3 different game play modes that are explained in the instructions so you can modify the game slightly to change it up a bit. Overall, this is a great game to play with your children. In fact, my older children watched me play a few rounds and then couldn't wait to jump in for future games. Each round only takes a few minutes so it goes quickly and you can squeeze a game in even if you only have a few minutes with the kiddos. Great game. Buy it!
on November 4, 2017
How in the world could you do 6 players with such a small deck! This is ridiculous! It’s a great learning game but the original has a lot more cards. I agree that it’s a little cheaper but it’s not worth it. Card count is so very small. It’s like half the size the other deck was.
review image
on December 30, 2017
This is an awesome game for kids and adults! My 3 year old had a great time finding the matching pictures, and he got practice naming his shapes, colors, and numbers. His older cousins enjoyed playing it with him, and so did the adults, because the concept is fun! It's similar to slap war (minus the slapping). I can't wait to try some of the other versions of this game.
on July 1, 2014
Absolutely wonderful game! My 5 years old grandson likes to play it almost every time I offer. If we play at full strength, we beat him, but very soon he will be faster. I highly recommend it and all games of this line.
on January 14, 2018
Fun little game. At first my daughter had a hard to me finding the match in each card, but she got the game pretty quick. Also great game to take on the go. (Airplane, restaurant, dr appointment, etc)
on June 3, 2014
I teach preschool and thought it would be another means to help my students recognize numbers and shapes. The children enjoy the game and ask to play it. It is colorful and keeps the children interested. I recommend this highly.
on February 14, 2018
Great game. I carry it in my purse so we can play at restaurants. It keeps my grand children engaged and quiet for long periods of time.
on June 20, 2013
My son was able to play his older sisters' version of Spot It with no problem. I didn't think he was mature enough to understand the concept but surprisingly he's good, really good, even better-than-me good! I rushed to buy the numbers version as he could focus on learning his numbers and he got a few numbers solidly down within one game. I didn't get the letters version but it's on our list! This game is a hit for him and me, while my daughters weren't too interested. My son likes to compete, so these games are up our alley!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.