Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
on December 27, 2015
It's the same game with an added plastic hand. Just save your money and get the original version.
on December 26, 2013
We have Spot it! and love it. My kids are ages 12-17 and we play it all the time, so I thought this would be a fun new addition to our game collection, but this turned out to be a big disappointment. The instructions that come with this game are really not very creative. We basically just continue to play with the cards the way we did before except that sometimes now we split our cards to start the game and then match one card in the center rather than flipping two cards over at a time and trying to find the match. I also like the fact that the original spot it is very small and portable, so we take it with us when we travel. We can't do that with Spot it Party Board Game.
on February 10, 2014
My family and I love to play Spot-It!! We have both the original and the "Party" version. To be totally honest, just buy the original version with just the cards. The "party" version really doesn't add a lot of variety to the game. It's basically the same cards, but they give you the "hand" toy as an added game play. Every time you see the hand on the card, someone has to grab the big hand. Honestly, if you want to play this mini game, you can still do it with the original cards using any household item. We actually play using various household objects. We have a small stuffed zebra that we use, a glove (rather than the hand toy), eyeglasses, etc. One of our mini-games is to see who can collect and hold on to as many items as they can by the end of the game.

If you use your imagination, this game can be HOURS of fun!!!
on January 4, 2014
We had earlier bought Spot It Junior Animals for ours kids and its been an absolute hit. The game is so awesome that even we adults have enjoyed the Junior version. Encouraged by that, we bought this version which is recommended for ages 10 to adult.

This version of the game is equally awesome. The rules and basic game remains the same. There are 55 cards and around 50 different symbols. We play it in couple of different ways - but the basic idea is to spot the common symbol between two cards as quickly as possible. The game also includes a few accessories, but we haven't found them much useful really. We also miss the nice tin box to keep all the cards in a small travel bag.

In any case, I would highly recommend the game. I don't know why this is rated for 10+ ages. As far as I can tell, even my 5 year old can play this version equally well. She will of course need to remember a lot more symbols. But its not too difficult.

I will recommend the following variants in the order of preference:

1. Spot It Junior Animals (all age groups would love this)
2. Spot It (more suited for 7+, but 5+ can play too)
3. Spot It! Basic English (more suited for 5-8)
4. Spot It! Alphabet (more suited for 3-5)
5. Spot It! Numbers and Shapes Children, Kids, Game (more suited for 3-5)
on May 15, 2015
What a fun game for parties with a mix of kids and adults. Great for those with tweens that want to play too. Do it now before they turn into teens and don't want anything to do with you! It's a matching game where you have to find the matching image on each card. Call it first and you keep the card. It's a fast paced game that will keep everyone at the table paying attention!
on March 18, 2016
Really fun, easy to learn game for all ages!! The husband and I enjoying playing with just the 2 of us, but it's especially exciting to play with a large group and in teams. This has been a huge hit at family get togethers and with our friends too. Highly recommended to everyone!!
on September 2, 2015
A seven year old girl in our family had the basic version of this game and loved it. So, we bought the party version for when she visited our house. The party edition adds a fun dimension to the basic game. The variety of games you can play keeps things interesting. It entertains young and old!
on December 9, 2014
This game is great for a family game...I bought it last year for a child who "doesn't play with anything"...I was lost as to what to get my 8yr old...I came across this game by accident...it has become a family favorite!!!
on December 25, 2013
So, I was going to buy my daughter the Spot It card game for the holidays because we play Spot It, Jr all the time and I thought she could use more of a challenge. This version was on sale for practically the same price as just the cards so I went ahead and bought it. You can just play with the cards, which is always fun, but the 6 variations they offer in the instructions are also fun and mix things up a bit (sometimes you are trying to win the most cards, others you are trying to get rid of your cards. Sometimes you play the whole deck, others are more "speed" versions where you only need to get six cards before you can win the game. I like the addition of the Spot It hand, which allows you to claim the hand and the current pair without actually matching. This is a great equalizer for when someone gets far ahead of another player. Overall, I'm really happy with this purchase and my daughter loves it. I don't know if it's worth that much more than just the deck, though.
on April 5, 2014
I had never heard of this game before. I was looking for something fun for our daughter who is in college. She enjoys games like set. When I read this I thought it sounded like fun. We all love it. It has different variations. And is always a hoot and it doesn't require a certain amount of people. It can get very wild and crazy so be careful.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question