Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 92 reviews
on January 4, 2014
We had earlier bought Spot It Junior Animals for ours kids and its been an absolute hit. The game is so awesome that even we adults have enjoyed the Junior version. Encouraged by that, we bought this version which is recommended for ages 10 to adult.

This version of the game is equally awesome. The rules and basic game remains the same. There are 55 cards and around 50 different symbols. We play it in couple of different ways - but the basic idea is to spot the common symbol between two cards as quickly as possible. The game also includes a few accessories, but we haven't found them much useful really. We also miss the nice tin box to keep all the cards in a small travel bag.

In any case, I would highly recommend the game. I don't know why this is rated for 10+ ages. As far as I can tell, even my 5 year old can play this version equally well. She will of course need to remember a lot more symbols. But its not too difficult.

I will recommend the following variants in the order of preference:

1. Spot It Junior Animals (all age groups would love this)
2. Spot It (more suited for 7+, but 5+ can play too)
3. Spot It! Basic English (more suited for 5-8)
4. Spot It! Alphabet (more suited for 3-5)
5. Spot It! Numbers and Shapes Children, Kids, Game (more suited for 3-5)
on December 26, 2013
We have Spot it! and love it. My kids are ages 12-17 and we play it all the time, so I thought this would be a fun new addition to our game collection, but this turned out to be a big disappointment. The instructions that come with this game are really not very creative. We basically just continue to play with the cards the way we did before except that sometimes now we split our cards to start the game and then match one card in the center rather than flipping two cards over at a time and trying to find the match. I also like the fact that the original spot it is very small and portable, so we take it with us when we travel. We can't do that with Spot it Party Board Game.
on December 27, 2015
It's the same game with an added plastic hand. Just save your money and get the original version.
on February 13, 2016
This is the first spot it! game we own. We love the game. The box is a bit big. It would ask for in a smaller box. We don't really use all the extras. We only use the cards. I bought a cheap container that works great to hold just the cards (I think it's suppose to hold small package of cheese slices). That way we can take them on the go if wanted. We tried a couple games with the extras. However, my girls prefer to just play various versions with only the cards. Definitely a hit and so much fun. We have 4 girls ranging in age from 5-13, and they all like it--and so do mom and dad. It's also nice that you can play it different ways to change it up a bit.
on December 25, 2013
So, I was going to buy my daughter the Spot It card game for the holidays because we play Spot It, Jr all the time and I thought she could use more of a challenge. This version was on sale for practically the same price as just the cards so I went ahead and bought it. You can just play with the cards, which is always fun, but the 6 variations they offer in the instructions are also fun and mix things up a bit (sometimes you are trying to win the most cards, others you are trying to get rid of your cards. Sometimes you play the whole deck, others are more "speed" versions where you only need to get six cards before you can win the game. I like the addition of the Spot It hand, which allows you to claim the hand and the current pair without actually matching. This is a great equalizer for when someone gets far ahead of another player. Overall, I'm really happy with this purchase and my daughter loves it. I don't know if it's worth that much more than just the deck, though.
on April 14, 2014
This is a great family game, fun for both kids and adults. We have 4 girls ages 3, 6, 8, & 10 years old, and they all enjoy playing this game. The card deck has 55 cards and each card has a least one matching item with all the other cards. There are multiple ways to play, but all play modes involve finding matches between cards. Most play modes can be used based on how much time you have to play, this is great for our busy family. It allows us to play a quick game when time is short and a longer one when we have more time. At first, due to the simplicity of matching items on the card, my impressions were that this is a simple kid’s game. But I was wrong, after playing it a few times, with the varying sizes/layouts of the pictures, I on multiple occasions would be staring at two cards for a few minutes thinking there was no match, just as my daughter would yell out a match!
on December 9, 2014
This game is great for a family game...I bought it last year for a child who "doesn't play with anything"...I was lost as to what to get my 8yr old...I came across this game by accident...it has become a family favorite!!!
on April 19, 2014
We had a great time with this game with my daughter and 10-year-old granddaughter. It was great that she beat her Mom and me for our first three games. Some board games are much easier for adults and this one was a clear exception to that.
on March 18, 2016
Really fun, easy to learn game for all ages!! The husband and I enjoying playing with just the 2 of us, but it's especially exciting to play with a large group and in teams. This has been a huge hit at family get togethers and with our friends too. Highly recommended to everyone!!
on February 10, 2014
My family and I love to play Spot-It!! We have both the original and the "Party" version. To be totally honest, just buy the original version with just the cards. The "party" version really doesn't add a lot of variety to the game. It's basically the same cards, but they give you the "hand" toy as an added game play. Every time you see the hand on the card, someone has to grab the big hand. Honestly, if you want to play this mini game, you can still do it with the original cards using any household item. We actually play using various household objects. We have a small stuffed zebra that we use, a glove (rather than the hand toy), eyeglasses, etc. One of our mini-games is to see who can collect and hold on to as many items as they can by the end of the game.

If you use your imagination, this game can be HOURS of fun!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question