Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 3,338 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on May 1, 2011
The game says it's for 7 and up and is billed as mostly an adult party game. But I have to say, my 4 year old LOVES it.

We have only played "The Tower" version of the rules - where each player has one card and tries to spot their matching symbol on the top card of the pile as soon as it is turned face up. The first time we played it, we (the adults) would close their eyes and not look at the center card while we counted to 5. This allowed our daughter to have a head start since her visual discrimination skills are not nearly as developed as ours. Each time we played the game, we ended up counting to a lower number until finally, she didn't need any lead time at all.

I highly recommend this game to parents of preschoolers, early grade schoolers, and any kids with reading difficulties. Being able to quickly spot the differences in letters, to decide if it's a "b", "d", or even a "p" is critical to being able to read. This is a fun way to boost those skills as well as a fun way to spend time as a family.
22 comments| 336 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2011
The key to this game is both remarkable and elementary: There is one (and only one) matching symbol between every card in the deck. The goal simple: Be the first to spot the match and you'll be successful, gaining or discarding cards depending on the variation you play.

Sound too easy? Think again.

There are times when the match is instantly recognizable. BAM! MATCH! (Gameplay gets pretty fast and exciting!) Other times, you'll swear there's no match and spend precious seconds pouring over the various shapes, confounded by the fact that you KNOW there's a match, you just can't SEE it. That's part of the fun, 'cause it eventually happens to everyone. No two games are exactly alike so we've found SPOT IT has great replay value.

This game is instantly accessable, takes about 30 seconds to learn, and is enjoyable for everyone we've played it with from ages 8 - 80. It's intense, fast, sometimes LOUD, but most of all sure-fire fun. I dare say this is a can't-miss game night purchase.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
0Comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2011
The following review was written by Parker, one of my fourth grade students. We play Spot It! in my class from time to time and it is a BIG hit with the students.

Edit/Note (3/31/11): If you want to get a taste of this great game, Blue Orange Games has a demo you can play for free on their website right here: [...]

Spot it is a great game to play. There are many different ways to play it, and the game includes directions for 4 different ways. My favorite way to play is called Hot Potato. Hot Potato is pretty easy to play. First you get as many people as you want to play, then separate all the people that are playing into 4 even(ish) groups.
Then you give every one who is playing a card that they place face down in their hand. When the game starts, everyone flips over their card and whoever finds a match from their card on one of the other calls it out and gives the person their card. Play continues until one person ends up with all of the cards and then they are 'out' until the game is over.

Every card of Spot it at least has one picture that has a match on EVERY other card. I pulled one card out of the container and it had a tree, sunglasses, sunflower, dog, raindrop, and a carrot. I picked up a different card and it had the dog on it. There can be as many people as you want to play.

That's why Spot it can be a very fun game. I also me personally think it's a five star game.

Pros: Doesn't cost much, fun to play, always challenging, very quick, an easy game to play.

Cons: Sometimes it is hard to find the match, sometimes the game moves VERY quickly
on November 24, 2012
I use this game with my kids in occupational therapy. They love it and often request the game. I love it because it increases vocabulary, visual scanning and visual processing skills.
on November 11, 2010
I bought this game elsewhere, but had to order more for presents. My 5 year old enjoys it as much as my 10 year old. It is hard to find games they can play together. The 5 year old even wins by herself.
on December 29, 2011
Played it with my grandkids... 7 yrs, 5 yrs. and it was a quick game and was fun. The kids have to spot the one thing that is alike on two cards before someone else does... parents can play too. We had fun and it was competitive, can be played over and over. Cards could be sturdier, but was okay - good distraction if you need to distract them or tide them over for a little while.
on December 16, 2012
Our girls started out with the original Spot It game. They liked it so much we decided to get the other ones. I like that there are a bunch of different ways to play,so they won't get bored. It's compact, too, so they can put it in a bag to play with friends in the neighborhood. I think it will make a great travel game, too.
on March 30, 2011
When I saw this game at PAX East, my instant assumption was that it was a stupid, silly little kid's game, the kind moms everywhere buy at the supermarket. However, after watching friend after friend play, and then buy, this game, I thought I'd give it a chance. The game is a very basic, simple, and appealing idea: each card matches each other card exactly once: find the match. The game then proceeds to take this simple idea and make three full, separate games out of it, with many variations that you could come up with yourself, if you wanted. Unlike the somewhat similar Jungle Speed, which has many similar mechanics, this game is far easier to just "whip out". Shuffling this deck is much easier, and you don't have to manage the totem. The tin the game comes in is nice and durable, and doesn't waste space; the game fits, with a little room for an expansion or another set, which makes it a great game to carry in your backpack for those downtime moments in life where nothing's going on.

The game is, unfortunately, not particularly deep, but as a warm-up or a boredom buster, it's probably one of the better ways to spend ten bucks or so.
on September 23, 2010
What a great game! Small in size and full of fun and challenges for our entire family.
There are four different ways of playing the game which makes it super fun again and again. We already bought six as gifts and stocking stuffers. Highly recommended.
review image
on November 9, 2012
The Spot It games are so much fun. My granddaughter and I play them all the time. I highly recommend these games.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.