- Product Dimensions: 2 x 1 x 2.7 inches ; 3.04 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00GQ8WW4M
- Item model number: SPOT-TRACE-01
- Batteries 2 AA batteries required. (included)
- Average Customer Review: 166 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #34,801 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
Spot Trace, Orange, Small
|Price:||$83.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Tracking- view your asset's GPS coordinates online in near real-time
- Movement alerts- receive notifications when SPOT vibration sensor detects your asset has new movement
- Dock mode- configure SPOT Trace to track an asset that is primarily stored on the water
- Low battery & power off messages- receive notifications when SPOT trace's batteries are low or if the device is powered off
- Status message- receive a daily alert to let you know your asset is secure
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The SPOT trace offers advanced theft-alert tracking for anything. Instantly receive a text or email when your most valuable assets move anywhere, or follow them on google maps anytime on your phone or computer. Affordable and easy to use, SPOT trace is a no-brainer for your Cars, boats, motorcycles, toys and other valuables. No worries.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerBuyer is responsible for installation and use of device. Buyer acknowledges that they are responsible for abiding by all laws regarding the use of electronic tracking, which varies from state to state.If buyer is unsure of legalities regarding the use of GPS equipment,buyer is advised to consult with competent legal council. Seller is not responsible for actions resulting from misuse of equipment, or damage incurred from misuse, intentional or accidental. Seller is not responsible for improperly installed devices, or damages incurred through negligence or accident.
Showing 1-8 of 166 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The tracker does work but it drains batteries like nobody's business (even with Energizer Lithium batteries). I get about 3 months at the 5 minute increment which is nowhere near what they claim. Changing the batteries is also a pain since you need a glasses size screwdriver and you need to keep track of 4 microscopic black screws that hold the back on.
There are many other options out there, especially when you start getting into the new price of their service.
Thanks for nothing SPOT.
The first year of service was $99. The second year, Spot automatically renewed my service without notifying me. They were able to somehow bill an expired credit card I had on file. The kicker was that the new year of service was billed at $164. Recently, Spot sent out an e-mail notifying users that they will add a new $24.99/year "network fee" to all accounts, which would push my single Spot subscription to almost $200 per year.
I logged on to cancel my service before they auto-bill for my 3rd year only to find out that you MUST call them on the phone to cancel. The inconvenience of being forced to call for service changes that could easily be made online plus the constantly increasing prices have driven me to warn others off of this device and service until they can be more up front and consistent with the prices.
As far as tracking, you'd be better off getting a cheap cellphone with a month-to-month plan with a larger battery pack. You'd save money and likely get more battery life from the device. The battery life in the SPOT trace is insufficient for it's intended purpose, you need to buy the high-end lithium batteries to make it marginally last. Mine SPOT trace is headed to ebay after the contract is up. A neat concept that they designed poorly IMHO.
Additionally, the Spot website shows the basic annual service to be $149.99 but it makes no mention (that could find) of the mandatory Network Maintenance Fee.
Spot justifies the Network Maintenance Fee by saying, "...making network upgrades to ensure the best possible service for our SPOT customers" I have not noticed any changes in my service since I first started using the Spot in 2015.
1) you don't need this device, because (a) it is no good to work for security purposes (more below), (b) for location tracking purposes, there are apps that will do a much better job for way less money (ex. Rever App, Garmin App, even Google Maps);
2) battery: after using for 1 week straight (btw had to recharge it everyday), the battery stopped working;
3) w/o battery, device needs to be connected - to charge you need to unscrew two little screws, which is annoying. additionally, connection is not waterproof;
4) reception: it is terrible - you cannot have anything between this device and the sky otherwise it wont work. so if you look at (3) + (4) = water will get the device demaged
5) if you are a subscriber, paying Spot $$$ every month, they will delete your location from the website after 30 days, which is ridiculous. data is only available on the phone app, which simply means you can visualize it on their map, but can't do anything with the information.
Bottom-line: this is a huge waste of space and money. The company should be ashamed of selling an over 10yr old device for this money. Don't be a patsy!!!
If pointed to the side, it throws the tracking off by 15-20 feet. However it is still in the same vicinity.
You need a prescription to use this product. Kind of expensive ~$150/year.