Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Come the Spring (Clayborne Brothers)
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on April 28, 2000
I love For The Roses. I cherish The Claybourne Brides. I absolutely adore Come The Spring! Cole was always by favorite Claybourne, and I am glad that he got a whole book dedicated to him (although the other brothers would have been fabulous in their own books also). The three women who were thought to be witnesses were each unique, and it is thoroughly puzzling as to who the real witness is and who the bad apple is. And, we finally get to meet Daniel Ryan, the man haunting the Claubournes ever since the Bride Trilogy. He was certinly a match for Cole. The characters were three dimensional, so much so that it seemed like you were watching a movie rather then reading a book. Julie Garwood is wonderful at writing suspense, and I hope she goes back to it sometime in the future. As always, the romance was dazzeling. If you've read any of the books in the series, you'll miss out on a real treat if you don't read this one.
on November 8, 2002
Cole Clayborne is a handsome, sweet, tough, Montana man who's finally caught up with that no-good-compass-stealing-thief: Daniel Ryan. Cole and Daniel eventually "join" forces to catch a low-down-rotton group of criminals ... and wouldn't you know it: three women lead them a merry chase, and unwittingly both men find love along the way.
Julie Garwood proves again that her wonderfully sweet style of writing always produces 'simply the best' in romantic literature.
A sequel to "For the Roses" and "One white rose, one red rose, one pink rose", Cole Clayborne's tale is most satisfying and is definitely worth the read, again and again! In four words: a sensationally sexy showdown
on January 26, 2003
Her books are awsome! She is one of the top romance writter in my book I have read 17 of Julie Garwood's novels and she astounds me every time I read a new one. I suggest if you want to read this book start with the book "For the Roses" then go onto read "One Pink Rose", "One white Rose", and "One Red Rose" and then read "Come the Spring" These books are all about the Claybourne family and how they strived to survive raising an abandoned baby that they found in New York and turning her into a lady. After their little Mary Rose is grown up and Married to a highland Lawyer named Harrison each brother is tempted by women into settling down will the brothers run or face the destiny that MAMA Rose tricks them into. I am so happy that they decided to give Cole a bigger book about his story. He is my favorite out of the Clayborne brothers so I thought that he deserved a longer story. Cole is lead on an exciting adventure by a US Marshall so that he can get the gold compass back that he took from MAMA Rose at a train station hoping that Cole would try to get it back. Cole doesnt understand the US Marshals intentions until its too late. I love this story it a gotta read by any Julie fan.
on March 7, 2003
I absolutely loved the Clayborne series. I just finished Come the Spring, and as always, Garwood kept me intrigued from start to finish. I never want to put her books down and find myself sneaking at work to catch a quick chapter at my desk!! Come the Spring had excellent twists and I loved the chemistry between Cole and Jessica/Grace and Daniel. The scenes with Cole and Caleb were especially endearing to me, being a single mother. Garwood appeals to the romantic in me every time! This was no exception. This is a must read, especially if you have read the four other Calyborne novels. It brings everything full circle!
on December 4, 2014
Love Julie Garwood - if you like this book look for the first one in the series "For the Roses" and the other stories about the other brothers in "One Pink Rose", "One White Rose" and I think it is "One Red Rose" or it is also I think out in a 3-in-one book titles "The Claybourne Brides"
on March 20, 2015
I'm currently reading "Come the Spring" and am enjoying it. I love stories written by Julie Garwood, and have read the other "Clayborne Brothers" novels, so the characters are somewhat familiar.
on July 14, 2014
This book was great! I loved the that the author gave Cole most of his own book. I just wish there would have been a little more back story on the gang leader and Rebecca. That would have enhanced the story. But, I am sad that I have finished the series and I don't know what to read next!
on July 19, 2012
Cole's finally caught up to Marshal Daniel Ryan and gotten his golden compass back, only to be made a Marshal himself against his will and drawn into Ryan's search for a band of bank robbers known as the Blackwater Gang. The confusion over which of the three women was the real witness to the robbery was comical at times. I thought the mystery was a bit predictable, but enjoyable all the same, and the story reminded me a bit of the Buchanan-Renard Series, which features Cole's descendant, Noah Clayborne. The two couples, Cole and Jessica as well as Daniel and Grace, had great chemistry and it was fun to watch them get to know each other. Definitely my favorite book of the series!
on March 3, 2007
Usually Julie Garwood makes you laugh and warms your heart. She delved into the arena of thriller as early as "Castles" and came along nicely with it in the opening of "Come the Spring". Sadly, she seemed to forget how to write her humorous and charming relationships along the way.

Trying to do a dual romance in this novel was a mistake. Time was taken away from both relationships such that one loses interest in either one. That leads a lacking dramatic finale because you just don't care.

The writing appeared exceptionally juvenile in places where humor was intended.

It was a nice try and I applaud an author wanting to grow her talent, but this Clayborne series never should have left the editor's desk. "Come the spring" was half-baked at best.
on March 22, 2014
This is the last book about the Clayborne brothers. They were a group of boys who formed a family to raise a baby girl. As men they continue to help and support their family members. I love how this story weaves love and a mystery together.