Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Spring Story (Brambly Hedge)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on May 16, 2000
This is an adorable story with precious pictures. It relates the adventures of a young mouse, Wilfred, who is celebrating his birthday. His fellow mice plan a pleasant surprise for him, but he'll have to work to get it. I recieved this book as a two-year old, and I am so glad my mother preserved it for me. This is a great book for bedtime, or any time. Young children and adults alike will enjoy the delicate pictures and accompanying text. You will truly enjoy this book!
on March 26, 2009
It's a lovely story of the cute woodmice that live in the English countryside. But what really got me to purchase this book, and the other Brambly Hedge books and fine china pieces produced by Royal Doulton is the illustration. Every picture is so cute!

The spring story is about the woodmice community planning a surprise birthday party for Wilfred, an energetic boy woodmouse. This book would make a good birthday gift for young child.
on May 30, 2011
While the story here isn't anything overly amazing (a surprise birthday party) I simply love all the illustrations!

We get to see how the different creatures/families in Brambly Hedge prepare for the birthday (and they are all so cute and sweet and thoughtful) and I loved pouring over all the various houses and rooms and how they fit into the different shaped trees, etc. So beautiful and so enchanting for those of us who love "little things fitting into the world".

The story is sweet, too (I like that everyone in the town works together), but it's definitely the illustrations that won me over!
on June 20, 2007
This classic book is always a favorite with the kids (and adults too). Jill Barklem never fails to satisfy.
on September 26, 2014
Instead of focusing on their birthday month etc., I have the cup and plate and we have tea parties, and talk about the 'season' in which my grandchildren (now great grandchildren) are born.
on September 17, 2015
I was missing this one book in the set I have and was so pleased to be able to complete the set. I love these little books not only for children but for myself as well.
on January 2, 2014
One book I would rate a five but the other book was slightly lighter in color than the other one (I would rate a 4). All in all, I was very pleased.
on December 17, 2013
The Brambly Hedge series is one of our family favorites. I would purchase this book again, and for my children and grandchildren.
on September 15, 2014
I now have the whole set! Spring, Summer Autumn and Winter Story. This was such a find and it is in great condition.
on January 18, 2016
Forever lovely tales…..simply charming. ==Speeedy==delivery too~!