Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on January 8, 2013
Very well made holster that holds the pistol snugly in a forward FBI cant. The angle is not adjustable. The leather has a nice glossy sheen and will fit on belts up to 1 1/2" wide. Great CCW holster as it holds the gun snugly to your waist very comfortably. The trigger area is protected to help minimize any chance of an accidental discharge during drawing ot the weapon. Other than the molding and compression of the leather, there are no other retention devices on the holster, so in a case where you are very active and your body is out of its normal upright position, there may be some retention issues. However, for CCW, it is a great OWB holster.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on December 14, 2013
This holster fits my Springfield XDS like a glove! It is built to last and is VERY concealable. It's tilted slightly so you can wear it back at the 3:30 to 4:00 o'clock position which makes the gun much more concealable. The holster covers the entire gun so no portion of the pistol touches your body. This fits your pistol so well you must follow the instructions by putting your pistol in the plastic bag, (that comes with the holster), and leave it over night to be able to pull your pistol in and out. After the break in, Wow! For $50 you will not find a better holster. I did have to trim the top part of the holster that comes up to shield the gun from your body. It has a little more leather than needed and makes it hard to get to the grip of the gun without cutting the base of your thumb on the sharp leather. Once I trimmed that it was perfect!
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on May 16, 2014
The holster comes flatened and requires considerable effort to get it into a useable condition. I left the unloaded xds in the holster inside of the provided plastic bag several times over night, but it remained difficult to insert and withdraw the pistol. It became apparent that the fit was so snug that rough leather areas inside the holster held the gun tight. This problem was solved by using kiwi clear paste wax to smooth those areas. I have considered returning the holster, but I have so much time into making it work I am keeping it. I recommend looking for a holster that comes in working condition.
2 helpful votes
on December 27, 2012
When I first received my new holster it was flat and the gun was hard to get in,but the inclosed instructions were spot on. After putting the gun in the plastin bag and forcing it into the holster it fit much getter. By pressing in on both sides, the holster opened up nicely and the gun fit very good. I love it for fit, looks,and it keeps sweat off my gun when I walk evey day (Doctor's Orders). Delevery was faster than I expected.Thak's for a very good product. Johnnie R. Fine
4 helpful votes
on December 26, 2013
This is a great holster for the XDs. I usually carry IWB but for those days when you have a loose shirt or sweatshirt on, this one conceals great. Especially with the XDs since it's a thin gun to start with. I highly recommend this holster if you want to carry OWB. This is a nice quality holster and should last a long time. Keep in mind, there is no retention clip, snap, or device to keep the gun in the holster, so this probably isn't the right gun if you plan to do cartwheels while carrying you XDs. It might not be the best choice for open carry either if that's your thing. That being said, I think there is plenty of natural retention with the leather and it's a solid choice for some concealed carry situations.
on April 4, 2014
I've spent a lot of time and money buying and trying holsters, both IWB and OWB for concealed carry. This simple leather holster works so much better than my kydex and my kydex/leather hybrids that I'm actually surprised. It is comfortable to wear, has no sharp angles, retains well, and fits close to the body. One of the best parts - I got it the same week I ordered it, no 6 weeks waiting. I've used the "wear it" method for breaking it in and after a couple of days it draws easy with just the right amount of tension. I have another on order for my XDM and I'm seriously thinking about ordering a third.
on December 9, 2012
Awesome holster! Tight at first, but if you follow the break in instructions provided by Winthrop, it breaks in just fine. Great retention due to the custom fit. Seems very very well made, but i cant speak to the longevity of it yet. The holster makes my xds ride high and very close to my body, it pretty much dissappears under just a tee shirt. Overall a great buy! Custom holster on amazon? You can't beat that.
4 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 24, 2013
Yes , it was stiff and tight at first,just like most holsters from Desantis and Galco are.After letting it sit several days with the gun in it,I began to wear it.It loosened up nicely and is now my main carry holster for the best CCW gun ever, The XDs.
6 helpful votes
on July 14, 2013
This is exactly the holster I was looking for... I wanted a quality leather holster with a shield allowing me to wear it with only a t-shirt. It conceals very easily, holds the pistol very close to the body and the shield protects the metal from resting against my skin. If I had to change one thing it would be the amount of leather on the shield. There is a bit too much but that can be solved with some leather sheers. It is far better than the shield being too small. This is a very good holster for concealed carry and I would highly recommend it.
on November 16, 2015
It's an O.K. holster. Would have like to have seen the leather finished better. The edges were very sharp, so, hard to get the belt to slide. The leather seemed very stiff like it was old. It took a lot of work before the gun would even go into the holster. Sorry but could have did better!!