Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.24 shipping
Springstar Glass Fruit Fly Trap
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.87. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$3.35 (20%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A stylish way to trap pesky fruit flies without using pesticides or poisons.
- Certified green, pesticide-free product.
- Simple to use, just mix the bait with water
- One trap and one lure per box
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Item Dimensions||5 x 4 x 4 inches|
|Item Weight||0.89 pounds|
|Manufacturer Part Number||B000VZM7VE|
|Shipping Weight||0.75 pounds|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Quality Home Marketplace||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||4 x 4 x 5 in||1.5 x 7.5 x 8.5 in||3.25 x 3.25 x 5.25 in||5.25 x 2.25 x 8.38 in||0.75 x 4 x 5.5 in||4 x 4 x 4.5 in|
A stylish way to trap pesky fruit flies without using pesticides or poisons. This glass jar will catch up to 300 fruit flies and is simple to use. Comes with bait and refill bait is available to keep using the trap as long as needed.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is a very pretty design, I like how it looks.
The issues I have with it are thus:
1. The way it works is it has a hole in the bottom, so flies can crawl up inside and get stuck. This is very effective. However, it makes for a messy setup and disposal. The basin for the lure is very shallow, and must be filled to the brim to be effective. So even the slightest movement causes splillage.
2. The lures don't last long. The last trap I had lasted up to a month. This one says "7-14 days". Just around the two week mark (maybe a little over 2 weeks), I noticed it was growing this hairy black and white fuzz inside. Luckily it was easy to clean out with hot water. The cork on top comes out so it flushes right through. Just frustrated me as the lures are almost $10 for a pack of 3.
It caught all my flies (unfortunately probably close to 20 at the time of the first installation) within 1 day. Simply amazing.
tl;dr EXTREMELY effective, but spills easily and doesn't last as long as I'd like.
I bought this trap for my office cafeteria. Some trash cans were left over a weekend and then we had a huge Fruit Fly problem.
This trap is easy enough to set-up. The "Bait" lasted 3 weeks before the glass container was filled with a few hundred Fruit Flies. Rinsed it out and set it up again.
We are now using Cider Vinegar with a few drops of dish soap for Bait. Seems just as effective. Very few Fruit Flies are remaining.
I will be buying a few more of these for the guys at work.
WOW was I ever wrong!
I baited this trap and set it overnight on the counter in very nearly the same place the bowl-trap had been because I didn't have a hook available in my hardware drawer to hang it from. Then earlier tonight-- a mere 24 hours later-- I bought a hook, set it up, lifted the trap up hang it, and... It was just _incredible_ how many flies were in this thing! Many, many times more than I ever got using vinegar and soap in my home-made trap-- easily more in a single day than I used to get in a week! And this was with it sitting flat on the countertop-- most reviews here claim it works much better suspended!
I never planned to buy more lure for this trap, instead meaning to make my own as so many of the low-star reviews here advise. But now... I'll be keeping the commercial product from this company in stock from now on.
Let me say it again... WOW!