|Item Weight||1.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12 x 6 x 10 inches|
|Item model number||HR5-CM|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Sprite Royale Deluxe Hand Held Chrome Chlorine Removing Shower Filter
Want this professionally installed?
- Removing existing shower head
- Installing 1 customer-supplied shower head
- Mounting and sealing new shower head onto arm
- Unit test and clean up
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Sprite Royale Deluxe Hand Held Chrome Chlorine Removing Shower Filter
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Interlink Products||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Interlink Products||International Coffee & Books|
|Color||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome||Chrome||White w/ Chrome Trim|
|Item Dimensions||6 x 12 x 10 in||4 x 6 x 9 in||6.7 x 13.5 x 4.4 in||8.75 x 4.75 x 14 in||4 x 6 x 9 in||6.4 x 10.3 x 4.8 in|
Sprite Royale Deluxe Hand Held Chrome Chlorine Removing Shower Filter. The Deluxe Shower Handle has a built in filter. This filter removes harmful cancer causing chlorine from the water. This filter will improve the quality of your life. Your hair and skin will feel remarkably softer. High strength construction and triple plated components assure structural integrity. Contemporary designs complement any shower environment.
Top customer reviews
The ROYAL DELUXE has 5 nice settings which all work very well considering the smaller head, and the grip is a nice slim handle. The flexible tubing lasts and doesn't bind up like a lot of other brands off the shelf at box stores. The weight of the HH is also barely 2 lbs wet so between that, the ease of grip, and the head size, this is a really excellent model for folks with grip problems, small fingers, and who want easy flexibility when using. It comes with the premium filter made by Sprite and I recommend keep using those if your water is hard, ugly, and/or smells. If you have itching problems after showering, the Sprite filtration will immediately make your skin thankful! The less expensive plain filters sold in a four pack are okay, but the blue premium filters work the best and last a good 3-6 months depending upon frequency of use.
Changing the filters is easy as pie. Installing the unit for the first time, a 6 year old can do it. Yes the unit is "chrome" plated plastic, but if it was metal it would weigh more, it would corrode faster, and the benefits of the model would be outweighted! I don't understand the complaints about the unit pieces breaking by other reviewers unless they have gorillas living in the house with them. This is our third model from Sprite and we have never had a unit or piece of a unit break, even after 5 years of natural wear and tear use. So no, this is not a "premium" hand held shower device by any standards but it is just about the best filtration system on the market if you have problems with chlorine and/or heavy metals and other impurities. We are sold on Sprite and have been for a long time with little to no complaints. Amazon has the best prices for their products, including replacement filters, and the delivery is speedy and the packaging keeps the products safe in the mail (in fact my biggest complaint is the requirement for industrial tools to open the manufacturers product packaging!).
Two Very Happy Sprite Customers
We live in a condo and the association is taking years to allow us to put a water filtration system in our unit so I tried this in a desperate moment just because I'm sick of dermatologists, salves, and itching. It really works! There is little to no chlorine smell (and usually I had to shower with the fan on and the bathroom door open or I sneeze my head off), and my skin only ends up red if I have the water on too high (something I could never do when my eczema is flamingly bad). It was very easy to install (I end up being the handy-ma'am--not my husband) and changing/flipping the filter is simple.
The husband likes the different settings and says he likes this better than our old shower head. Well worth a try.
- The hardest-hitting setting stopped functioning within a few months. Changing the filter and vinegar soaks made no difference.
- The water pressure drop is terrible, especially after the hardest-hitting setting stopped functioning. If you hold the handle so that it sprays straight up in the air, the water barely shoots up a couple of inches (and with no force at all).
- You're supposed to reverse the filter once a month to backflush it and prolong its use, but it's difficult (sometimes impossible) to remove the filter from the handle without damaging the filter.
- Changing the settings is very difficult (you have to push the lever so hard that the shower handle pops out of the bracket, so you have to remove the handle from the bracket before changing settings unless you want to wash the walls and ceiling during the process). This is not as critical an issue as the other 3, but worth mentioning.
The water smells cleaner, and our skin/hair rinsed cleaner and softer (which is why it received a rating of 2 instead of 1).
After 10 months of dealing with these problems, we're going to try the Culligan shower filter, which looks like a better choice.
Update: Rust forming around the outside of the hose after only a few months, score updated.