Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 108 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 185 reviews
on December 17, 2015
Have read the first four, enjoyed them. Really like Alex Hawke, the relationships and characters. The story lines are realistic and plausible. The author is a good writer, however, at times loses sight of the reason the reader is reading the book. We read about Hawke to enjoy the adventure and action, but at times, Mr. Bell spends way to much time describing the flora and fauna. Find myself just skipping several pages of the scenery to get back to the story. Will most likely read the rest of the series, but realizing that these books could probably be 100 pages shorter if all the extraneous descriptive scenery were discarded.
on March 4, 2015
I enjoyed this book and think it has very real possibilities of turning out to be close to prophetic. If Ted Bell can think of it, so can ISIS or Al Qaeda or any of the other radical terrorist groups. Kinda scary but I still couldn't put it down.
on April 17, 2016
I gave this book four stars. I am a big fan of Ted Bell's Alexander Hawke novels. This book is another wonderful story. I enjoyed the plot, even if it seems a little bit far fetched. I however, did not mind this, as it is a fiction novel. I think this novel showed growth in the manner of developing characters beyond the core group that has appeared in this and past novels. I enjoyed the book and I think other fans of this genre will as well.
on December 28, 2016
Begins as entertaining as the rest of the series but becomes tedious as the story becomes more and more implausible. The absurdity of the story is compounded by the historical inaccuracies such as the "Montoneros" from Argentina working in cahoots with Hugo Chavez- the Montoneros were disbanded decades before Chavez was in power in Venezuela-.
on August 24, 2017
great read.
on April 20, 2007
This is Bell's best so far. Bell is a master craftsman in terms of character development. By now we know Stokley, Ambrose and Concha. The sheriff and Homer are an echo of TV Mayberry which so many reader also know. The Amazon remains today a mysterious primitave zone of interest and intrgue. Bell makes us feel the humid heat and the bite of the insects. Speaking of primitive, this book is an interesting blend of hi tech (robots)and low tech (Indians with spears). The Mexican border conflict could have been written yesterday or maybe tomorrow. Like many "fiction" novels this is too close to reality. I am thinking the research involved in a class fiction work such as this often points the author to a non fiction and very rational scenario for the present day.
on August 10, 2015
What a plot and what a novel storyline! And what's there not to like about a story taking place in tree houses. The bad guys were truly bad, in fact evil. Hawke and his team were at their best. This book kept me up at night and that's why I will recommend it and give it a five star rating.
on September 17, 2016
I began reading the Alexander Hawke series as a lark, but now I am hooked and cannot wait to finish one so I can start the next. I particularly enjoy the continuity of characters throughout the series. Looking forward to finding out what exploits they will be undertaking next.
on June 22, 2016
Ted Bell never ceases to amaze and thrill me with his prolific writing that brings a story to life. His characters become like old friends and his descriptive scenes are relentless in capturing your attention. I Love the Hawke series. Keep them coming, Ted!

Holly S. from Tomball, TX.
on August 6, 2015
when i read this book, i felt the pulse of the theme went throught along each chapter. scenes that developed seemingly separately have been tightly interrelated. I like the story. This story is not too remote from current world affairs.