Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Spy Gear Spy Night Scope
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on November 23, 2002
Although this is a flashlight in disguise, our 10-year old boy was really excited to get it when grandpa came to visit. This toy looks impressive with its silver plastic case. While not a 'solid' feeling, it feels much better than the other Wild Planet night vision scope -- and unlike the other scope, it worked right out of the box once we added batteries. It has some cool features such as the way that the light pops out smoothly when the button is pressed gives it a 'wow' factor. We can't speak to durability yet as we've only had it for a week but for [money], it's probably good for about two months until it gets dropped somewhere.
0Comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2002
This toy was really cool to use and all, but the "night vision" advertisment was fake. It's not really night vision (its too cheap to be anyway)just a light and tinted lenses. Very cool though.
0Comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2005
My kids really liked this. I gave it to my son for his 5th birthday. He and his 3yo brother love to play pretend spies or ship captains, etc with these as regular binoculars or in the dark with the "night scope" (flashlight) feature. They don't know what real night visions looks like and anyone who expects real night vision for a kids toy at this price is going to be disappointed, but most people wouldn't be expecting that! Doesn't matter to the kids, they just like this toy.
on January 8, 2003
In disguise this toy is a flashlight. Though I think this toy is very cool. There is two different features of this toy. The night vision feature and the telescope feature. 2 AAA batteries are required but the bulb is included with this toy.
on May 29, 2002
I like this toy but it does not have night vision,it just has a green light that
comes on to iluminate the night
on November 28, 2010
My son is 11 and likes to play army, this apparently was the wrong set of goggles, they are not infared and have little power, eye holes are also quite small. It is still fun to have the googles but they are not infrared.
on January 9, 2007
I ordered this as a Christmas gift for my 9 year old grandson...While I didn't expect it to be state of the art..I did expect it to live up to its hype. It did not. My grandson complained of not being able to see anything..hard to focus....a piece of colored plastic over a cheap pair of glasses would have produced the same "night vision."
on July 2, 2002
This toy is really cool; especially when spying on people. There binoculars that have like a light beam that makes it easy to see in the dark. You can spy on you're brother with his girlfriend or the person in front you while you're in the car. All I had to do was but 2 AAA bateries in and I had no hassle with it. It's really fun!
on June 21, 2005
This toy sucks! The ''invisible'' light is just a light! People notice it and it is not fun. trust me
on November 12, 2014
Buyer be advised! You might not receive what you see in the first picture and maybe not even what's in the other two. I received the new version that's 19$ and I was charged 24... I called CS and they gave me credit on Amazon and had to keep what they sent. This was a present for my son that came a day before his b-day. So, sending back to receive what? Because CS told me they can't guarantee that I will receive what I see in the picture.

Now, don't get me wrong, things happen, I will still buy from Amazon, but will be more careful and will never ever order unless pics look the same!

The scope is made in China with cheap plastic. I don't like it... but for my 5 year old kid - "it's OK". It works but I don't think the specs are as they say, I actually bet 100$ they are not. That's it, be aware of this purchase.