Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 21, 2013
So I got this game as the Free App of The Day from Amazon.com on Wednesday 2/20/2013.

It is basically an OK find the hidden objects game with story text between levels, and each level seems to be a picture related to these short story texts between the game play. Nothing really special here. Nothing really bad here either. One thing that I didn't like about it though was the ads for several games on the main menu.

My main complaint that I want to bring up in this review is not the game itself but that Amazon picks another free app of the day from Difference Games which just had another free app of the day pick from Amazon just 2 days earlier. I hate repeating myself, but it is time for other app companies, specifically larger ones like Disney and ZeptoLab who haven't had a free app of the day in over a year to step up to the plate and give us a free app of the day for a change.

We shouldn't be limited to several similar game apps from a game publisher like Difference Games as the free app of the day.

So back to my review, I am giving this one 3 out of 5 stars since it is OK but lacks any real inspiration. It doesn't have any elements you cannot find in other hidden object games.
on February 20, 2013
This app does not deserve the bad ratings in my opinion. I tried every method from easy to challenge and found it to be a game that would be fun doing with the kids or if they can read they would enjoy alone. There is a bonus timed round that so far I cannot win so there is some skill involved ... but I'm probably just tired. lol
Overall the storyline graffics and music is nice the game is fine on the challenge level for what it is. Its not a mystery hunt its just a hidden object picture.
Enjoy
Florida Mom
2 helpful votes
VINE VOICEon February 27, 2013
This hidden object game consists tells the story of Beowulf with cut scenes telling the story then an action screen where you have to find the hidden objects.

There are less than 10 hidden object screens total then the game is over. To make things less interesting the items that are "hidden" are actually right out in the open; sometimes floating in the air. And the items aren't specific to the story. Why am I looking for a rat, a book and a flower in this game?

Quick delete and not worth money.
on February 20, 2013
this kept me entertained for a little while.
why this lost a star.
most of the pictures are to dark.
cant zoom in on the items to see what they are. for example in one you need to find a sword and i could see it in the main area but in the items area its hard to tell what it was.
i played it on my samsung galaxy note 2.
when i switched to my tablet it was a little easier to play but not by much.
2 helpful votes
on July 1, 2013
I Spy Beowolf was a fun game which I played several times. It was repetitious after awhile, but I would recommend it.
on February 25, 2013
My kids love this game. They get so excited and frantically search for the items. Because the bonus round is a timed event - this causes them some frustration. But over all a fun and exciting game that they took to immediately.
on March 15, 2013
I found this game way to short and way to easy to beat. Graphics are good and story is alright.
on April 26, 2013
This game wasn't very stimulating intellectually so I didn't keep it on my kindle for very long. It was the app of the day so I gave it a try but it didn't have much of a story line and there are lots of other apps for hidden objects that are just as good to pass the time while you're waiting for the bus/in line/for the doctor/etc.
on March 12, 2013
App has too much sameness. Each new view is basically the same situation and it is easy to get bored with it quickly. Not much of a challenge.
on February 20, 2013
This game must be made for children and younger ones (children) at that. It is very simple. I found it to be quite unimpressive. As i said the game is fine for young ones especially if it is free. Otherwise I'd say skip it. This is the first by these developers that I have so strongly disliked.