BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on May 24, 2017
After somehow losing my 2012 version of the knife I knew I couldn't live without one and bought this updated model. It's very much like the old one, with a straight grind instead of a hollow grind blade. The knife is crazy sharp like the old one was out of the box, and the only downside is that it's now about $30 or so more expensive than it used to be but still totally worth it. Also the blade lock seems to be higher quality than the old model. All in all a great knife, love Spyderco!
on November 9, 2015
So my knife just came in and I'm really happy with it. Have been buying spydercos now for about 5 years and I'm on my 3rd knife. (still have all of them though) The knife came in cpm s30v which is what i was expecting and the edge it came with was outstanding. Just as sharp as the razors I use at work everyday. The only thing I noticed that I'm not so sure on is that the liners are not milled out for weight saving purposes. Now I'm not 100% sure on this but I was under the impression that the newer models had that milling done to them. So I just hope that I didn't buy a knock off or something. but either way, I'm pretty happy with the knife I received and look to buy the para military 2 next!
review image
on June 19, 2016
Solidly built, well made, good feel in the hand. Solid lock and release mechanism. S30V steel from Crucible and manufacture/ assembly in Golden, Co. A completely American product, thank you! And arm-hair-shaving sharp out of the box.
on November 29, 2016
It's a great knife but, it's heavy because the liners are not milled and it sits pretty side in the pocket compared to a paramilitary 2 so I ended up selling mine. On the plus side the lockup is rock solid and the blade steel is good. As far as the lock mechanism itself, mine started to break in but it is initially extremely stiff compared to a benchmade axis lock. I found myself preferring the spyderco compression lock. The ergonomics were very good with or without gloves BUT the jimping was honestly just weird and I never really came to like it. The handle jimping is too smooth to do much of anything if you ask me and detracts from the pleasure of holding it... in my opinion.
on July 4, 2015
This thing is a BEAST! I love it! I love S30V steel for some reason. It's about the best stuff out there without spending a ton IMO. I am developing a true love for the Spyderco line of knives and this one is the best one I've purchased to date. Great size (I prefer larger EDC blades), super sharp and with the S30V steel, I expect it will stay that way. The locking mechanism will require some breaking in which is no surprise, but it's smoother out of the box than my Benchmade Griptillian Axis lock was. I do wish there was a thumb stud however. I don't get the same force opening using the hole, that I do with a thumb stud. I need to do a bit of wrist flick to fully open it. I anticipate this will change as it breaks in though. The G10 handle is fantastic. It provides phenomenal grip without tearing up the hands. The overall balance of the knife is perfect. Can't think of much I would want to change on this thing except thumb stud and maybe an assisted opening. I'm a sucker for an assisted opening blade.
on July 30, 2017
I own a lot of knives budget minded to a bit pricey and this bad boy is a excellent value. Great fit and finish, perfectly centered, right no wiggle lock up and the sharpest out of the box edge I've ever recieved. No need to put a edge on this. I just stroped it.
on March 4, 2016
If you've done your research you know this gal comes in a bit tight, that spring defintely was as mentioned.
I'm giving this knife 4.5 stars due to one main let down.... That being that blade thickness.
I own both a yojimbo 2 and a persistence.
I was very disappointed to see that the Manix2 came in at the same thickness as my (china made) persistence... I was expecting more like my yojimbo2, an equally expensive blade, a thicker S30V.
Anywho, I'll still go five stars, because spyderco blades are always amazing.
review image review image
on February 2, 2016
Excellent knife! Knife arrived very sharp out the box. Handle scales have a good medium grip. Jimping on the spine of the blade and on the choil are very good. Large spidey hole makes for easy deployment and the lanyard hole is big enough to fit 550 paracord with ease! Ball bearing lock works very smoothly and lock up is solid. Really great knife should definetly have one for your EDC rotation!
on April 12, 2013
I confess to having low expectations for this knife. I felt their company advertisement to be a little over the top. It sounded like they wanted to sell knives to knife fighters or something. I was looking for a well built, locking knife with very good steel. Most of the really good standby's like Gerber had long since sold out their quality so I was willing to take the risk on a relatively new company. This company does make knives in China so I was careful to buy one of the models made in Colorado where the company is founded. The knife arrived quickly as expected with Amazon and I was pleasantly surprised by it. The quality is top notch. The steel is one of the new compositions that are making the knife circuits and it is remarkable. Out of the box you can shave with it and I see no reason to tamper with the edge. The locking mechanism is unique and very solid. I think the ridges on the handle are a little too sharp initially but I am sure with time they will smooth out a bit. One thing is for certain you aren't going to have this slip out of your grip without taking part of your palm with it. Overall a reasonable buy for the price since at this price point you are looking for quality and understand it doesn't come cheap. You won't be disappointed by it.
on September 30, 2016
This was a birthday gift for my brother-in-law. I didn't know what to get him and I thought every guy should have at least one really nice all purpose knife. He is into camping so I thought this would be a nice gift for him and would come in handy. I have not seen the knife I had it sent directly to him, but he did seem very happy with the gift and stated it was a very nice, and a sharp knife. I picked this brand over some others because I own one of their knives and I like mine very much, they make a lot of different high quality knives from what I have seen.