Spyderco Manix 2 XL Black G-10 PlainEdge knife
|Price:||$115.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- CPM S30V Blade Steel.
- Full Flat Grind.
- Skeletonized Liners With Textured Black G-10 Scales.
- Spyderco's Patented Ball Bearing Lock.
- Made in the USA.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I dont usually rate things 5 stars but for this blade i will make an exception...seeing as this is the first review on amazon and most people buying this knife are serious knife nuts like myself enjoy learning more and more about the blades we buy before making the purchase...and since this is a rather expensive blade(anything over the 100 dollar mark is an expensive blade to me your mileage may very) i will try to give an honest in depth review on this knife.
1. Uses. honestly i think this particular blade is probably best suited as an emergency tactical blade because i find it to be a little large for every day carry. Its a serious blade for pocket carry with a blade that is near the 4 inch mark( 3.88 ) and a Hefty weight of 6.2 oz its a big knife. It has an overall length of 8.93 inches open and is 5.08 inches closed. serious blade for the money in my opinion. Secondly its just a cool blade to fondle and collect if ur not into using ur blades...who knows when spyderco will cease production of this blade but they drop knives like a bad habit so if your a collector i think it will make a great addition to your collection.
2. Ergonomics. This is where this blade really shines over the regular sized manix. with the extended handle(similar to the military's) it gives you alot of purchase on the handle in both the choked up position as well as the normal saber grip position. If your a jimping man man this blade has you covered in pretty much any way you could want it to...jimping above the spider hole, the palm area, as well as the finger choils really lock your hand in tight.
3. Blade/deployment. The blade is 3.Read more ›
For the category of large working folder (and optionally tactical), this blade is a TOP contender. G10 handle is somewhat aggressive compared to a Tenacious and is near identical to the Para Military 2 (same factory.) The choils/'jimping' are perfect, they are exactly as great as the pictures show, if not even better.
The knife I got (not from Amazon) has skeletonized liners and BLACK lock button, I MUST'VE RECEIVED THE NEW VERSION OF THIS KNIFE, as I found out after research elsewhere. New weight is 5.2oz, not 6.2oz. (Word is that the non-XL version of the Manix 2 is now standard with s30v, not 154, do your research folks, s30v is the way to go.)
Size is comparable to an Endura or Salt 1, not what I consider an EDC and MUCH wider blade makes it more obtrusive. Tops sticks out a lot, but you buy this for work, not subtlety.
Blade steel - I've said it before, S30V from Spyderco absolutely dominates S30V from the knives made on benches, if you get me. Still love benches though. Out of the box this thing is SCARY sharp, exactly like the Para 2. Passes paper test while barely trying.
Blade play - ZERO, alignment/centering - perfect.
Lockup - Extremely solid, just as solid as Axis Lock, however the heavy spring on this lock makes deployment not as smooth as Endura or an Axis Lock knife, but with mineral oil (smooths out the knife and non-toxic), you can get this knife 90% of the way to the level of the Endura.
OVERALL SUMMARY: One of the best workers/campers out there, Spyderco listened to their customers, they got the message from NUTNFANCY fans, "jimping" all over it and weight reduction! If/when SHTF, this blade is a top contender.Read more ›
First, the handle. The handle is extremely comfortable, ergonomic and well balanced. It just "fits" into your hand when you're using the knife. This helps with hand fatigue which, can lead to slippage which can lead to cuts. Cuts should only be on the intended material/media. Not your hand. The scales on this knife are nicely textured. They appear smooth at a glance but hold up very well to sweaty, wet, or oily hands. Internally, there are skeletonized liners inside the handle. These not only help with strength & stability but also help take away a little weight if that's ever a concern for you while packing for say, a camping trip.
Secondly, the blade. The blade is fantastic! It's made with Crucible's technology. Does more need to be said? The CPM S30V steel has an extremely high level of edge retention & because of the vanadium content being so high, can take a wickedly scary sharp edge. I have put this knife through some true "field use". I've used it to create a couple of 'feather sticks' for fire starting purposes, I've shaved wood for kindling off of several sticks of 1x2 pine. I've also used it to make breakfast as the only knife, cutting fruits, slicing meats, etc. on a cutting board. This knife just does what it's supposed to do. Now, as with all knifes, it DOES eventually get duller. I've simply stropped it & have brought it back to scary hair poppin' sharpness. I'm impressed.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great knife! Very comfortable in the hand and my new EDC. I have also owned and carried many Benchmade, ZT, Kershaw, and many others. Read morePublished 4 days ago by christopher gardner
Sharp as hell!!! Good fit and feel full flat grind blade slices with ease and realitvely easy to sharpen when needed (which isn't often) also I love how thick the spine of the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Smooth opener, very sharp, very comfortable in the hand. A bigger knife than I expected but very, very nice.Published 1 month ago by B. Johnson
Love the size, to bad I can't carry with me on the daily. Super light in hand, well built.Published 1 month ago by Eddie Gonzalez
Bought this for my wife and she LOVES it. She takes it to work to peel and cut fruit at lunch, always has it on hand for any thing she needs to cut. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Vayla Mitchell
This knife needs a couple more X's in the name. Its massive, ergonomics are perfect, blade comes razor sharp, And did I mention its huge!!! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dan
2nd Purchase for me; I ended up gifting the first perfect one. I missed it from my collection immediately so now I have purchased a second. Read morePublished 1 month ago by JasonG
Built like a tank and when held firmly your hand locks into the grips. There's no way your hand will slip. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jeffrey S.