Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Spyderco Bug SS Slip Joint Plain Edge Knife
|Price:||$11.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Smallest knife in the Spyderco line
- Fully-functional 3Cr13 stainless steel blade
- Non-locking slip-joint mechanism
- Satin-finished stainless steel handle suitable for engraving
- This item is not for sale in some specific zip codes
- Smallest knife in Spyderco's product line; slip-joint folder, with flat-ground blade made of stainless steel and satin-finished stainless steel handle
- Non-locking, slip-joint design, with no locking mechanism holding blade open; blade held open by resistant pressure at pivot area when blade is extended and being used
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The smallest knife in the Spyderco product line, the Bug is a fully functional slip-joint folding knife in an incredibly tiny package. Its flat-ground blade is 3Cr13 stainless steel blade is razor sharp. Its handle is constructed of satin-finished stainless steel and offers enough surface area for engraving or embellishment, making the Bug an ideal jewelry or gift item. The end of the handle has a lanyard hole large enough to accommodate a chain (for wear as a necklace) or a key ring.
The Bug is the smallest knife in innovative cutlery company Spyderco's product line. A razor sharp, go-anywhere slip-joint folder, the compact knife's flat-ground blade is made of stainless steel that holds a keen edge over time, and the handle is also made of satin-finished stainless steel. The end of the handle has a lanyard hole large enough to accept a small chain or key ring. Part of Spyderco's new SLIPITS line, the Bug features a non-locking, slip-joint design, with no locking mechanism holding the blade open. Instead, the blade is held open by resistant pressure at the pivot area when the blade is extended and being used.
- 2.875-inch open length
- 1.625-inch closed length
- 1.3-inch 3Cr13 steel blade
- 1.125-inch cutting edge
- 0.19-inch blade hole
- 0.06-inch blade thickness
- 0.4-ounce weight
Sypderco knives include a limited manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Details are included with your purchase.
Thinking beyond established knife industry practices has allowed Spyderco to introduce new innovations, including one-hand opening, serrations on a folder, and a clip to attach a knife to a pocket. Spyderco remains dedicated to researching and developing improved, better-performing materials with function and reliability, and its unique cutlery line is a result of designing ergonomic, functional tools. The company puts its new products through rigorous testing prior to release, examining edge retention with a CATRA machine, looking for rust development with Q-FOG, checking the force needed to open and close a knife, and analyzing numerous other technical details.
Top customer reviews
As the recipient stated in his "thank you" post:
"Far from a gag or joke, it was actually very useful! My whole family (including 6 year old daughter) used it to open gifts on Xmas eve."
He also messaged me directly to offer his thanks, as I had mentioned I had trouble selecting gifts for him that I thought he'd like:
"The little tiny baby spyderco was a huge hit at Christmas. We passed it around all night as the go-to package opener. It's surprisingly handy and in my watch pocket right now. Thank you very much!"
I almost wish I'd gotten one for myself!
The bug is literally the perfect size EDC knife, especially for people who just want a simple small blade for basic everyday tasks. I could probably easily slice an apple with it as well if I wanted to. It's perfect for opening boxes, cutting strings off clothes and removing staple from papers when your stapler remover disappears.
It's the perfect size to go on a keychain because it's smaller than your keys and won't bulge or weigh down your pocket. It does take me two hands to open it, but I've never been in a situation where I needed to open a knife so quickly and only had one hand to do so.
The blade is nice and stiff when you use it. I'm not worried about it opening in my pocket or closing on me when I'm using it.
I will be purchasing these for all of my family because it's easily one of the most perfect purchases I have ever made on amazon. It's small, simple and sharp. These will be great small size Christmas presents that will actually be appreciated by family and not something they wish they could exchange or end up regifting.
1. phenomenal price!
2. Usability - I use this knife as much if not more than any other of my 119 knives. Maybe that is why the CEO of spyderco used this as his EDC for over a year.
3. Perfect gift for anyone. Knife lover or not, anyone can use this. And the 10.00 price point is a great, small, spur of the moment way of showing someone they are special. It's tough to find a fail proof gift that u know will be liked and used for 10.00.
4. Cool factor - I have knives that range from 10.00 to 1,500.00. This is unique because it is the smallest knife I own, the smallest knife spyderco makes, and maybe the smallest knife ever.
This is a friction folder meant for very basic cutting tasks (tape, string, etc). I carry a keychain pocket tool also, but who wants to open up a pocket tool and extract the knife when you just need something quick.
This is one of the coolest, most unique and most functional knives I own.
I love that amazon carries a great array of Spydies, some of which are very hard to find elsewhere.
Spyderco is one of the top two or three mid to upper tier production knife companies. ZT and Benchmade are the other two.