Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Spyderco Bug SS Slip Joint Plain Edge Knife
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.59. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Smallest knife in the Spyderco line
- Fully-functional 3Cr13 stainless steel blade
- Non-locking slip-joint mechanism
- Satin-finished stainless steel handle suitable for engraving
- This item is not for sale in some specific zip codes
- Smallest knife in Spyderco's product line; slip-joint folder, with flat-ground blade made of stainless steel and satin-finished stainless steel handle
- Non-locking, slip-joint design, with no locking mechanism holding blade open; blade held open by resistant pressure at pivot area when blade is extended and being used
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The smallest knife in the Spyderco product line, the Bug is a fully functional slip-joint folding knife in an incredibly tiny package. Its flat-ground blade is 3Cr13 stainless steel blade is razor sharp. Its handle is constructed of satin-finished stainless steel and offers enough surface area for engraving or embellishment, making the Bug an ideal jewelry or gift item. The end of the handle has a lanyard hole large enough to accommodate a chain (for wear as a necklace) or a key ring.
The Bug is the smallest knife in innovative cutlery company Spyderco's product line. A razor sharp, go-anywhere slip-joint folder, the compact knife's flat-ground blade is made of stainless steel that holds a keen edge over time, and the handle is also made of satin-finished stainless steel. The end of the handle has a lanyard hole large enough to accept a small chain or key ring. Part of Spyderco's new SLIPITS line, the Bug features a non-locking, slip-joint design, with no locking mechanism holding the blade open. Instead, the blade is held open by resistant pressure at the pivot area when the blade is extended and being used.
- 2.875-inch open length
- 1.625-inch closed length
- 1.3-inch 3Cr13 steel blade
- 1.125-inch cutting edge
- 0.19-inch blade hole
- 0.06-inch blade thickness
- 0.4-ounce weight
Sypderco knives include a limited manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Details are included with your purchase.
Thinking beyond established knife industry practices has allowed Spyderco to introduce new innovations, including one-hand opening, serrations on a folder, and a clip to attach a knife to a pocket. Spyderco remains dedicated to researching and developing improved, better-performing materials with function and reliability, and its unique cutlery line is a result of designing ergonomic, functional tools. The company puts its new products through rigorous testing prior to release, examining edge retention with a CATRA machine, looking for rust development with Q-FOG, checking the force needed to open and close a knife, and analyzing numerous other technical details.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. phenomenal price!
2. Usability - I use this knife as much if not more than any other of my 119 knives. Maybe that is why the CEO of spyderco used this as his EDC for over a year.
3. Perfect gift for anyone. Knife lover or not, anyone can use this. And the 10.00 price point is a great, small, spur of the moment way of showing someone they are special. It's tough to find a fail proof gift that u know will be liked and used for 10.00.
4. Cool factor - I have knives that range from 10.00 to 1,500.00. This is unique because it is the smallest knife I own, the smallest knife spyderco makes, and maybe the smallest knife ever.
This is a friction folder meant for very basic cutting tasks (tape, string, etc). I carry a keychain pocket tool also, but who wants to open up a pocket tool and extract the knife when you just need something quick.
This is one of the coolest, most unique and most functional knives I own.
I love that amazon carries a great array of Spydies, some of which are very hard to find elsewhere.
Spyderco is one of the top two or three mid to upper tier production knife companies. ZT and Benchmade are the other two.
I didn't want anything menacing or too big and the Bug definitely was a great choice. It's tiny to the point it is almost cute but the blade is still wickedly sharp and every bit of quality you'd expect from Spyderco, just in a micro size. The all stainless steel look is pretty classy, too.
Obviously, it's a slip joint lock so this isn't something you want to use as a heavy duty cutter. It's small enough to be functional but that's about it. Light duty tasks like opening boxes, envelopes, cutting string etc is all suitable for this tiny knife. But again, it's just too small to safely attempt anything beyond that. Even so, great have to have because it will always be with you (unless you happen to be flying or going in a courtroom, don't forget to remove it). It's actually just a tad smaller than my Victorinox keychain knife and MUCH sharper.
Despite the familiar Spyderco hole, opening this thing is 2 handed affair. Still looks cool, though. I'm almost tempted to throw a zip tie in the hole and see if I can manage to open it with just my thumb. But then again, the small stature and classy look is perfect and I can live with decreased functionality.
On a side note, when I first opened the little gift box it comes in, there was a small spot of rust on the blade. I buffed it out with a Dremel and some CLP and it actually opens a lot smoother now.
Awesome and surprisingly small blade for your keys!