Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 24, 2014
A very good remake of Total Annihilation, game play is somewhat better overall well done.
The reason for three stars is STEAM. I hate it when DRM interferes with a program to the point that it makes it unplayable. The only way to get this game to run at all is to bypass steam totality and run the exe directly without steam running in the background. Program developers, please get off this idea that by putting DRM in your programs that you are going to make people buy more, or you are somehow making more or selling more by using DRM.
on January 19, 2011
If you have never played a RTS game, then Supreme Commander 2 would be a fun game. It's simple, easy to learn and in the style of C&C, you can crank out lots of basic units, max your unit count and then just have a blase demolishing the enemy.

However, if you are a hard-core PC RTS vet, then this game is totally worth the $4 I paid for it and not a penny more. The original was awsome in it's complexity, difficulty, and gameplay and in comparison this is a let down. Multiplayer is a total letdown as well.

I will play the SC and SC:FA for probably years to come, as well as C&C3 and AoE3... still waiting for the next great RTS game.
2 helpful votes
on April 21, 2011
I just purchased a new high-end gaming laptop and purchased SC2 to play with friends.
We had fun for a couple weeks playing multi-player games online. Suddenly I started having graphics glitches that make the game unplayable.

The manufacturer, Square Enix, will find any excuse not to provide tech support for the game. I emailed my original concern, and five days later they responded to ask me my system specs and to describe my problem (which I provided before). So I give them, again. Five days later I get an 3 sentence email saying my processor doesn't meet the recommended specs.

Comes down to this - I can play the latest Assassin's Creed on high resolution, but according to Square Enix, my system is incapable of playing SC2.

If you buy this game, the risk of graphics errors is high, and Square Enix will leave you high and dry. I wish I could still return the game to Amazon and get back many hours of my life trying to troubleshoot this game.
on January 5, 2013
I loved Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance, and looked forward to this title, but was taken aback by the negative reviews at first. Luckily the price came down a lot so I thought "ah, what the heck" and I bought it after a long wait. At first I was not too keen on the way resources are handled compared to the first game, and by the tech tree, but I stuck with it and I'm glad I did. I possibly prefer this over the original (I haven't played the original in a while so it's hard to say), but this one has provided many hours of enjoyment, and after owning it a couple of months it's still my "go to" game.

My negatives are Steam (I usually just play solo) and the campaign was fun, but like others have said, too short.
on July 7, 2014
would have been 4 stars but it installed Steam which is a program I Do not want on my computer.
I would think that if you get a CD/DVD you would have the option to install with out steam.
Plus had I know it was a steam game I would not have bought it.
But that was amazon failure to protect the customer.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 2, 2013
This is truly an amazing game, it is in the future and the battles are huge and can take an hour or even longer. It is amazing to see all this destruction and mayhem going on at one time, the maps are rather large and looks very good and of course it is all in 3D and i simply "LOVE IT" and you will too, all this can slow down your CPU, but it is an older game now and today's computers should handle this game okay. I would recommend this game to action and war game lovers, you`ll love it, too. Thanks
on November 30, 2015
Broke the mold of technology being a construction aspect into a resource of it's own accord. It's an interesting dynamic that adds a level of strategy that was not there before but nostalgia for Total Annihilation style super construction makes me cry a little on the inside :(
on April 1, 2016
If you were a fan of the original and the fist sequil this one will be a huge disappointment. If you have not played the two good ones this one would probably be quite fun. I fall in the first category so... Thumbs Down.
on August 7, 2013
If you are a command and conquer fan and want to try out other RTS's I don't recommend this game because its alot different then the C&C games. I bought cause a friend said it was fun, I seen videos of it and it looked sweet! but once I played it, it was not what I was expecting. Its not a game you can just play and instantly know what to do. it takes a lot of tactics and is quite hard. Its not a sandbox game.
on January 7, 2015
Have never beaten it but it has a good setup. It is hard to find a good RTS these days with all the different ideas these companies are trying to put in to get a new setup. Most are fails in my eyes. They took a kind of okay setup and made it better. *cough* Nothing beats Age of Empires 2 though*
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.