Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
HITMAN: ABSOLUTION follows The Original Assassin undertaking his most personal contract to date. Betrayed by the Agency and hunted by the police, Agent 47 finds himself pursuing redemption in a corrupt and twisted world.
- Showcasing Glacier 2 technology - HITMAN: ABSOLUTION has been built from the ground up to deliver a cinematic story, distinctive art direction, and cutting-edge game and sound design
- Freedom of Choice - Stalk from the shadows or rush in guns blazing thanks to fully-evolved game mechanics and a sophisticated AI-System that responds realistically to every tactic you employ
- Experience a Living, Breathing World - Robust and memorable characters spring to life on the screen with an outstanding cast of Hollywood performers, ensuring every moment becomes a story in HITMAN: ABSOLUTION
- Disguises - A huge variety of disguises, you can impersonate your victims and blend into the world around you, affording you new actions, options, and the element of surprise
- Instinct Mode - Predict enemy patrols, identify weapons and escape routes, and temporarily enhance your disguise--even engage in 'Point-Shooting,' making full use of your skills as an expert marksman to clear entire rooms with stylish efficiency
|OS:||Windows Vista, 7|
|Processor:||True dual core CPU (Intel, AMD)|
|Hard Drive:||10 GB|
|Video Card:||NV8600 512 Mb RAM, or AMD equivalent|
|Additional Info:||DirectX: 10|
Steam account required for game activation and installation
|Hard Disk:||none specified|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The lack of manual saves on this title severely limits the enjoyment for me. The game is all about hiding and taking your time, casing your environment and learning everything you can while finding the traps and such. There's nothing as irritating as going for longer than an hour setting up the perfect kills in a multiple target level to have some real life scenario make you have to leave the game. At that point the choice is either run as fast as possible through the rest of the game to find the next checkpoint and end it, or take the loss of that perfectly executed (every pun intended) hour and have to redo it again.
Consolitis is the bane of PC gaming.
- Fun game, new cover system is nice
- Hilarious dialog and dark humor that the original games had
- Fun and interesting story
- Difficultly levels balanced well
- Controls are nice
- Graphics are pretty good (Not Crysis 3 good but good)
- It's Hitman!!! Who never enjoyed a Hitman game before??
- cover system although nice it a little too "mandatory" to use now (like if you're not perfectly in cover enemies notice you alot more)
- Wish the story was a bit longer!
- ... can't believe I'm saying this but not much replay-ability, Hitman is one of those games once you beat it you only play it once in a while when you're bored. They added a new "contracts" mode which allows players to replay certain parts of missions with certain requirements (like breaking into a mansion wearing an Alvin the chipmunk suit and you have to kill someone with a fire pick or something). Fun and hilarious but a bit repetitive after a while
- Broken save system, beat 3/4th's of the game and had to restart from scratch once!
I got the PC version of this game, it's blast. No, this isn't Halo 4/Crysis 3 good, but this game is a blast and it's hard for the underdog games like Hitman to compete with AAA titles anymore with such a diverse market. Hitman will always hold a special place in my heart as a gamer, these games are just so fun and unique. If you like hitman in the past or never played it, I definitely recommend picking this game up and supporting the company that makes it. It's a VERY fun and addicting game.
One note though - PARENTS I recommend NOT buying this for someone at least 14 or under, these games are a bit... disturbing. Fowl language, strip clubs, and that's just the beginning. This game shows in gruesome detail how a hitman operates - poisoning people, choking them with fiber wire, dumping bodies in everything from ponds to dumpers, I love video games but please, pay attention to the ESRB rating. With today's psychopaths shooting up schools/move theaters, this is definitely one title I recommend keeping out of kids/teenagers hands till they are mature enough to appreciate the game while knowing it's just a fun work of fiction.
Unfortunately, the series has also taken a step back that will undoubtedly frustrate the older fans, and that is that the levels have been dramatically altered, becoming more compact, linear, and interspersed with checkpoints. This gives the game more of a traditional stealth / action feel that is reminiscent of many other modern games, like Splinter Cell Blacklist. In short, Hitman Absolution is a much more accessible Hitman game - one that actually ends up being the perfect starting point for newcomers. And while it's still an incredibly enjoyable game, fans of the previous generation should be prepared for something completely different here.
Technicalities aside, Hitman Absolution is very fun, intense, and beautiful. The new game engine developed by IO Interactive absolutely shines on PC, with incredible lighting, color, detail, and density. The design of the now smaller environments is still quite stellar, and still allows for a significant amount of player choice in how to go about accomplishing tasks. Shooting and stealth mechanics are smoother, easier to pull off, and just as satisfying as they've ever been. The campaign is very generous (took me 16 hours to complete) and the innovative Contracts mode lets you compete with friends in completing customizable objectives throughout the game's levels.
Hitman Absolution is an excellent game that sets a new standard for the series. If IO Interactive can bring this level of gameplay and precision to the more open structures of the previous games, then gamers will have something really special to look forward to in the future.