About the Product
- Multi-point vehicle movement: Every vehicle has multiple points inside and out to move between in real-time, not cut scenes, jumping between multiple positions on a single vehicle or to other vehicles¿ with over 100 vehicles
- Air, land, water and underwater: Just Cause 2 delivers action everywhere from 500 feet above to 50 feet below through jungles, snowy mountainside, deserts, cities and more, with over 600 square miles to explore and destroy
- Nearly endless and open-ended game-play: From deep missions to small jobs, to free exploration, players follow the route they want when they want
- Grapple nearly everything within 200 feet, including enemies. Progressive destruction - vehicles, building, enemies, and landscape. Pull off amazing stunts with Rico's re-designed parachute
- Weapons galore: Single and dual handed weapons, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, explosives, and vehicle mounted weapons
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
On the island nation of Panau, rival gangs wage war in the streets while the ruthless dictator Baby Panay exercises a system of oppression and corruption against his own people. Somewhere on the island, your friend and mentor Tom Sheldon has disappeared with top-secret intel and millions in Agency cash. As Rico Rodriguez, the Agency's most dangerous weapon, you must infiltrate the island and locate Sheldon, setting off a violent chain of events that will set Panau ablaze.
Harness Just Cause 2's unique parachute and grapple combination to create your own unbelievable, high-speed aerial stunts. Whether free falling from thousands of feet, hijacking enemy fighter jets in midair or blasting through security checkpoints on the ground, use your imagination to create maximum chaos. With hundreds of weapons, vehicles, missions and Rico's trademark parachute and grapple, experience vertical freedom unparalleled in the third-person action genre.
- Take to the air like no other game. Experience total aerial freedom with the unique parachute and dual grapple.
- Freefall, BASE jump, vehicle surf, parasail, skydive, grapple, slingshot, leap between vehicles, hang from helicopters, scale buildings. The impossible is within your grasp.
- Your best tool is now a weapon. Fire two shots with the grapple hook and attach unwilling enemies to high-speed vehicles, hang them upside down from buildings, tether objects in mid air. The possibilities are as vast as your imagination.
- Explore the island paradise; from sprawling cities, secluded beaches and towering mountain peaks – more than 400 square miles of your own personal playground.
- Hundreds of objectives can be completed in any way or order that you choose. When it's time for a break from Agency business, kick back and enjoy all the attractions that Panau has to offer.
- Catch air on a high-speed dirt bike, race across the sea in a power boat, or fire a spread of rockets from an attack chopper – more than 100 land, sea and air vehicles are yours for the taking.
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Windows XP is unsupported)|
|Processor||Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Athlon 64 X2 4200 / Pentium D 3GHz)||Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz|
|Graphics Card||Nvidia GeForce 8800 Series / ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro with 256MB memory or equivalent DX10 card with 256MB memory||Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 Series with 512MB / ATI Radeon HD 5750 Series with 512MB or equivalent DX10 card with 512MB memory|
|DirectX||Microsoft DirectX 10||Microsoft DirectX 10.1 with Vista SP1|
|Hard Drive||10GB of free drive space|
|Sound Card||100% DirectX 10 compatible sound card||100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card|
|Internet Connection||Internet connection required for product activation|
|Input||Keyboard and Mouse (Microsoft Xbox360 controller optional)|
Steam account required for activation.
Top Customer Reviews
You play the part of Rico Rodriguez, a CIA agent who is about the most physics breaking mass of testosterone I have ever seen. You are dropped into a large, open country to drop an evil dictator out of power by working with several different factions. To do this you have mass amounts of vehicles at your disposal, a multitude of guns and explosives and most importantly, a grappling hook and parachute.
This last part is the best part of the game. Using the hook, you can climb objects, access flying vehicles from the ground, pull people out of air and even tie object together. Tie someone to a barrel and blast the thing into space to see some real fun.
Initially, the game did not impress me. The story and mission parts of the game reminded me of Far Cry 2. Lots of repetition and little development. Then I hit a point where I slammed my car into another car and flew them both off a cliff. Seeing myself falling I decided to use my grappling hook to escape, but only managed to snare another bystander. In the end I opened a parachute and glided to safety all while watching one of the most insane wrecks ever. The game is full of stuff like this. Tie a motorcycle to a car and use it as a wrecking ball. Rope a plane and ride it around just because you can. So many times I found myself asking "Man wouldn't it be cool if I could to this?" Moments later, I did.
At this point I found that the point of the plot and game is actually secondary to the extreme sandbox fun in there.Read more ›
1)Download Steam from Steam's Website.
2)Purchase the Game from Amazon
3)Instead of using Amazon's Down-loader,go to "Your Amazon Account" and then "Your Games and Software Library". View your Games "Activation Key"
4)Open Steam's Game Library. At the Bottler left corner you will a Option to "ADD a Game". Click on that.
5)Chose To "Activate a product or game" and Insert the Game's Activation key you viewed from Amazon.
6)At this point your download will begin on Steam. The download took me about an hour and a half.
It is a slight drawback using Steam to run Just Cause 2, but believe me the game is worth it. I would recommend this game to anyone in a heart beat.
**I cant Stress this enough. First try out the demo on Steam**
My favorite activity is grappling to a large, upright gas canister, then shooting it as I cling to the side. It shoots into the air, along with me, and just before it explodes, I jump off. It's like BASE jumping, but you can do it from the ground. Loads of fun.
Missions and ways to create chaos get a little repetitive after a while, but you can just mess around with stealing planes and blowing things up if you get bored with the missions.
The real value of this game is its neverending pool of things you can do. Missions and story are secondary to the open nature of the world. If you need a structured experience, this isn't for you. This game is for people who want to see big explosions and do things that we all know are pretty much impossible in real life.
Just buy it, don't think twice, you will love it in 2-3 days, and then you will be addicted, for EVER!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you haven't played this game it's well worth it as a GTA alternative. it's an older title so gameplay and graphics on a next-gen PC are beautiful. if you like mods.. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Daryl
Fun game, however I got a glitch that made it so I couldn't progress further on in a mission. Was unable to find a solution.Published 1 month ago by Walker
This is a pretty cool game with good graphics etc, however, it gets very repetitive after just a short time.Published 3 months ago by Zac
One day, GTA mixed into a war game with a terrible story. What happened? This game. While the controls can be bad sometimes, this game has great visuals still today. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Kevin the Sly Cooper Fan
Great game, looks great and runs well on even mid range systems. Now with community developed multiplayer support this is still an active scene and fun to play.Published 3 months ago by TwiggLe
Just Cause 2, is a great game the price is right, and it works great. Just getting use to this particular game and I expect to have fun playing this.Published 4 months ago by Marcus L. Jennings