Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on August 12, 2017
Flattened design is great for illuminating a light tent, which is what it is sold for. However, it protrudes from the reflectors it is usually sold with, which means instant smash if you knock it over, which in turn is why I needed a replacement. I have bought deeper reflectors now, so it will have a better chance for survival.
on February 26, 2013
The other bulb that this one arrived with arrived completely smashed. I was pleased that this one survived and I enjoyed it very much. It was great for photography and room lighting. However, one month later it simply stopped turning on. The lamp still tests good, the bulb is just dead. Perhaps its life got reduced during shipping, but that it still the seller's fault as both bulbs were inadequately packaged.

If you get one that lasts, it would make a good buy, but I'll never purchase another lightbulb online again. I buy 95% of my dry goods online, but this category apparently is not suited to it.

03.01.13 Edit:
Thanks to some feedback that was left about the bulb, I gave the bulb another chance to see if it would come on. It does. I had tried it several times before when it quit working, but I didn't leave the electricity on and being unplugged seems to have done it good. The light is great when it works, but I certainly wouldn't use it as a bulb that you 100% relied on.
on May 21, 2013
Bought these for my 1950's surgery lamp (minus the heat shield). The lamp I have in my garage is used to light up my bench tools. I found that a 150 watt lamp would scorch and begin smoking wood 3 feet away. Even a 75 watt was to warm to stand in front of. This lamp is ideal for large reflectors because little heat is transferred and it covers a large area. Because of it's design I would not use this bulb in areas of vibration. It looks like a large mushroom with 2 small stalks. Perfect for my needs.
on January 7, 2015
This is my second order for this bulb and it arrived in perfect condition! The bulb came nestled inside a foam container, then the container was placed inside a snug box, and then the box was wrapped with yards of bubble wrap! Then the entire package was added to another box with various items with MORE bubble wrap to fill the empty space in the box! The daylight on this bulb is perfect for my jewelry product photography and fits into my studio light stands perfectly. I'll be purchasing more of these in the future!
on January 31, 2011
I bought 6 of these from Amazon and then 12 more direct from the distributers website. Two bulbs arrived broken, no big deal I thought. However, within a week, a few of the bulbs burnt out. Within a month, 5 more of the bulbs burnt out. Now, 3 months after I bought the bulbs, only 4 of the 18 bulbs I bought are still operational. These bulbs have the name Square Perfect, 30W 5500K on the base. These should be off the market. DO NOT BUY THESE TAPERED BULBS (I have had No problems with ALZO bulbs I replaced these with).
on June 4, 2016
I ordered two, which is good because I broke one by holding it by the coil to screw it in. Shattered right in my hand. So, don't do that. Screw it in gently and hold the base.

Otherwise it's a great bulb for lighting products for photos.
on January 28, 2014
It's not worth the time to return this, but I have received two of these in two different shipments that were broken in the package. it was well packaged, so it had to have been broken at the factory or at the time of original packaging in the Styrofoam. Someone somewhere knew this was broken before it ever left the plant. And to receive two different ones several weeks apart and both broken, I have to say that this must be a common occurrence.
on August 22, 2016
It lasted about two years of intermittent use. I am surprised the life was not longer. Also not as bright as normal 23 watt cfl from home depot.
on October 24, 2015
This is a replacement bulb -- same as the one that originally came with the light tent set. It's not the brightest or most powerful bulb in the world, but adequate for my photo needs.
on December 13, 2016
My wife and I love these light bulbs.. We want to have them throughout the house.