SquareTrade 2-Year MP3 Accident Protection Plan ($125-150)
|Price:||$25.63 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Upon purchase, you will get an email confirmation from SquareTrade.ÿ You will not be mailed a paper contract.ÿ If you have questions, please call: 1.877.WARRANTY.
From the Manufacturer
Let's face it—warranties have gotten a bad name. But SquareTrade is changing that. With low prices, award-winning customer service, and thousands of 5-star reviews, SquareTrade delights Amazon customers time after time.
The Most Reviewed Protection Plan on Amazon
SquareTrade customers love sharing stories about how we've saved their day—and they've made us the most reviewed protection plan on Amazon.
What does a SquareTrade plan cover?
Protection from Drops, Spills & You
Drop it? Spill on it? No worries. We cover accidents caused by you and people you know. (Plan does not cover intentional damage, loss, or theft.)
Protection from Common Malfunctions
Repairing your average mechanical or electrical failure can cost as much as buying a new item. SquareTrade covers you beyond the manufacturer's warranty, including parts and labor.
SquareTrade Protection Plan
What else does a SquareTrade plan include?
We've got you covered. You pay nothing.
We give you a prepaid shipping label to send your item to us. After we fix it, we send it back to you, FREE.
Customers receive a full refund if they cancel in the first 30 days. Refunds are prorated after that. Transferring your protection plan is free and can be done online or over the phone.
We'll email your protection plan to you within two hours of purchase. (Remember to check your SPAM filter if you don't receive it.)
How does a SquareTrade plan work?
File a claim online 24/7 at squaretrade.com/claims.
We'll cover shipping to and from our repair center.
If we can't repair your item, we'll provide you a replacement with the same or better features.
Things to know:
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email. This is your official confirmation of purchase.
- Your plan begins on the date you purchased your item and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty period. If you have an issue and are covered by the manufacturer during that time, you'll be directed to the manufacturer first.
- If you sell or gift your device, you can transfer your warranty at no cost.
- You may cancel your plan anytime within the first 30 days for a full refund (refunds prorated after that).
- If your item arrives late, call SquareTrade and your plan can be extended to the shipping date.
- If you are eligible for and purchase this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
- Your protection plan is only valid for one underlying product.
Still have questions?
Just visit squaretrade.com or call 1-877-WARRANTY.
Top Customer Reviews
The short story is: coverage was invalidated when the ipod was waterproofed by Underwater Audio. Because a third party made alterations squaretrade wouldn't cover the device. This is understandable, obviously; I totally get why they wouldn't. My low rating is because the altered device, when sold through amazon, prompted me to purchase coverage when added to my cart. I was essentially tricked into paying for coverage that didn't exist, and I might not have if I someone had warned me, which is my intent here. Don't buy coverage if the device is altered or refurbished by a third party. It's a mess and not worth the trouble. Especially for squaretrade, apparently.
After reading my review, if you find it interesting or helpful[...] I am reviewing products to potentially help someone make an informed decision based on my experience. If you have any suggestions to me in my quest of reviewing products, please feel free to leave me comments so I can become even more helpful. So please, feel free to let me know if I helped.
I make many purchases here on Amazon and base my own purchases on reviews of the product from others as well. I know that honest and helpful reviews provide insight to the company, the product, and to the purchasing experience as well.
And if I think a product is not worth the money or even your time, I will definitely let it be known. I am writing reviews for both the seller and the purchaser’s benefit. Not being honest is helping no one.
I try to give as much information as possible about a product, but some items there is only so much you can say. Thank you!
Story: I purchased a MP player in 2013 that recently stopped working properly, when asked by the representative if i had "ever dropped it" I stated that I had. He then informed me that he needed to ask his supervisor if the MP3 player was covered under the warranty since i had declared that it had been dropped. After asking his supervisor, i was informed that my item would not be covered but that i would recieve reimbursement for the cost of the protection plan. I then informed the claims rep that the drop had occurred over a year ago and that the issue with it not working properly was not a direct result of that incident. I am really disappointed that this company tries to avoid paying out for the protection that is implied in the warranty.
I will not again buy a warranty from Square Trade - nor will I buy any devices from tayago (great design, very poor quality). VERY FRUSTRATING!!! Save your money on warranties folks...or find a more responsible/responsive warranty provider.