Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 25-$50|Change
Price:$5.01+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 1,655 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,832 reviews
on October 23, 2016
Worthless system. Part broke for unknown reason on Keurig. Was not mishandled, was not dropped. Simple breakage due to wear and tear. Attempted to file claim, said it was NOT an accident, automated claim system said accidents are not covered and denied. Worst $8 spent. Will not purchase again for other appliances.
11 comment| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2016
I am so sorry I paid extra money for this protection plan. The plan is not - I repeat is not - issued by the seller or the company. It is issued by an insurance company under the name square trade. Very complicated to sign up to actually receive coverage. I have to believe making it hard to complete the coverage after the purchase is made is intentional since all my information is included in the order. So, I am out a couple of dollars - I think it cost me some $11 dollars for a two year policy on a microwave oven. I will just kiss that money goodbye and I have learned my lesson. No extra insurance. Repeat: No ..... .
0Comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2016
I made the mistake of buying the protection plan, seemed like a good idea until I tried to register my product. I keep getting reply emails saying"Unfortunately, we were unable to process the receipt you recently submitted" . After the fourth try (following all directions), I decided to register on their site, that ended with a we are sorry but the registration could not be completed error. I have wasted over 90 minutes with this very poor company.
22 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Do not purchase an "extended warranty" from Square Trade. They are a total rip-off. They used to be a true extended warranty with coverage beginning after the manufacturer warranty expired. But somewhere along the line they have changed. They now begin their "extended" warranty from the purchase date, which is not an extended warranty at all. I purchased one of their extended warranties for a Breville toaster oven that cost $249 new. The warranty at that time advertised that they would send a box and shipping label to have it shipped free to them for repair if needed or refund if it could not be repaired. As it turned out, I needed to use that extended warranty coverage, but when I tried to invoke it I got nothing but run arounds and excuses. It ultimately took 6 (yes, six) phone calls to their customer service, and ultimately to one of their supervisors, to get them to fulfill their warranty. A common excuse for failure to send a box or shipping label was a "glitch" in their system. They then tried to get me to take it to a local service center (which doesn't exist) to have it repaired and they would reimburse me. Finally, I got them to agree to refund my purchase price in accordance with the warranty agreement after they decided it wasn't worth the cost to ship my toaster oven to them. In fairness, they did eventually pay up and refund my $249, but it took 6 phone calls and several emails to get them to do what they promise to do with no hassles. I might also point out that when I purchased their "extended" warranty for a new, replacement toaster oven they began the coverage from the purchase date. Their "extended" warranty would have expired a year before the manufacturer warranty would expire. I got my money back. These people are nothing more than a rip-off. Avoid them at all cost. I would give them zero stars if I could.
66 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2015
Bought the 'protection plan' for a food saver product that didn't work upon receipt. Completed the warranty registry and was automatically denied. Called and had my call returned shortly. Apparently, my choice of 'does not work properly' was the wrong option, creating my initial denial from Square Trade, as their representative said, "But you wouldn't have known that." Any other third party service warranty I have used - has you return the product to them. However, I am told, Square Trade runs concurrently with and only becomes effective after the manufacturer warranty - but will cover any defect not excluded - external damage or wear and tear. So, my 3 year warranty is reduced to a two year plan...Oh, and you don't receive contract details until AFTER purchase, because a 3 year protection plan sounds like 2, doesn't it?
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2016
Not recommended! First of all, at the time of purchase, it is NOT stated that this is needed to be printed! Square Trade foolishly sends me a STUPID graph thru the computer that it is ON IT'S WAY showing a detailed graph that it is coming closer and closer....and finally on August 15th it has arrived! But nothing is in the mail! The toaster oven has arrived, so I waited, and waited....Finally I called Amazon, who gave me SquareTrade's number...They tell me it is to be printed. I talk to a Hazel, she told me a copy will be sent on 8/29, I will get it in 10 days. Still no copy on 8/10 I called Square Trade and 8/12 I called again, both times I spoke to two Chinese guys who tell me 10 business days. After the 13th I called Amazon, I spoke to a Rep.he called SquareTrade, I am now to get a copy in 5 days, I hope it will come this time....I ordered this Toaster Oven for my 80 year old mother...I have No printer, SquareTrade needs to tell people that the plan is needed to be printed and NOT lie to customers.....
on June 14, 2015
This warranty is worthless. Don't buy it. I purchased a Cuisinart toaster oven through Amazon as well as the Square Trade extended warranty. The toaster oven died within the warranty period. I submitted a claim to Square Trade, and they will not honor their warranty. When you call to submit a warranty claim, they put you through to a call center in India or Bangladesh. The operators have a heavy accent and don't speak english very well. They say things that don't make sense and are not understandable. I submitted the receipt and their own warranty card. They keep saying that they will have someone call me back. Nobody calls me back. I've been trying to get this handled for a month now. I believe that they are hoping that I give up and go away. I should have purchased this through Best Buy and purchased their extended warranty. At least then I would have a store to go back to and complain. Now my only recourse is to try to get Amazon to help. I should hear back from them in 5-7 business days.......
on August 3, 2015
STOP! Don't waste your time & money on this company. They don't honor their warranties at all. When you buy a product, you usually get a 1 year manufacture warranty with the item. Well, with Square trade, your warranty starts right when you buy it, but you can't use it until your manufacture warranty has expired. So you're paying for 2 years of coverage, but only getting 1 year. Secondly, they will find a way to label any issue you have with your product as "accidental damage" and refuse to cover your item, but they will happily refund you the price of your warranty. This company is a scam that participates in fraudulent activity.
on December 14, 2015
I purchased a plan in 2013 for my Neato. The unit has been broken for over a month now, and despite lots of back and forth with SquareTrade support, they will not fix, replace, or reimburse for this in a timely manner. I will never choose SquareTrade for a warranty program again.
on March 23, 2017
we got this protection plan for 4 years on my keriug....my cover will not close unless I gently push it to the right then it will close and I can make coffee. I contacted square trade so I could exchange it.. got a email saying they closed the request and gave no explantion why.. RIP OFF

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.