SquareTrade 2-Year Camera Accident Protection Plan ($100-$125)
|Price:||$14.27 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
What does SquareTrade cover?
SquareTrade’s Basic Camera Protection Plan with Accident Protection covers drops, spills, and life’s accidents, plus mechanical and electrical failures from normal use. Intentional damage, loss, and theft are not covered.
- Liquid Damage
- Cracked Screen
- Won’t Power On
- Broken Zoom Engine
- SD Card Reader Failure
SquareTrade Quick & Easy Claims
Visit SquareTrade.com/help for answers to common questions oVisit SquareTrade.com/help for answers to common questions or to schedule a callback from one of our Specialists.
- File a claim at SquareTrade.com/claimanytime, 24/7.
- Have your receipt and covered item with you.
- Most claims are approved instantly. In other cases, a specialist will guide you through next steps.
- Download a pre-paid ground shipping labelto send your camera in for repair.
- We’ll fix your camera, generally within seven days. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you a replacement or reimburse you for one.
Upon purchase, you will get an email confirmation from SquareTrade.ÿ You will not be mailed a paper contract.ÿ If you have questions, please call: 1.877.WARRANTY.
Top customer reviews
This was actually the second Lightdow LD6000, as I had previously damaged the lens on my first one, and got a refund using the Assurant plan that I had purchased.
Anyway, I filed the claim, and didn't bother sending this camera back until over a month later. The tracking info never worked on the FedEx website, but the box still reached its destination the next day and I got my refund, which I am using to buy my third Lightdow LD6000 (and another protection plan, of course)!
Hopefully I'll stop being so clumsy with these things!
The lens on my Action Cam got scratched and all my videos had a obnoxious blur where the scratch on the lens was.
I went to the Square Trade website and filed a claim within a few minutes. A few hours later I got an email saying it was approved and got a fedex label e-mailed to me. A day after dropping it off (before the return was even delivered) I was e-mailed an Amazon gift card code for the full price of the camera.
Still, I don't mind it at all because they provide:
➔ First class service. Calling in a claim is painless. They don't question you or give any indication that they doubt what you're saying.
➔ Replacement comes next business day. My Samsung S3 went out. I was up and running the next day.
➔ Full disclosure. You'll likely get a refurb. But I honestly could not tell. They look brand new to me.
Some people have issues with refurbs. But I weigh the pros and cons this way. By the time you make a claim, you item will be well used. If you claim is due to a drop or some incident where you're at fault, does it really make sense that you get a brand new replacement, especially given that the cost of your plan was a fraction of what the replacement cost would be?
I'm comfortable with the economics of that.