Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

Top Contributor: Petson December 28, 2016
I purchased this prior to dealing with another Square Trade policy I have. The Square Trade fine print has just come to my attention and is as follows:
"THE VALUE OF YOUR COVERAGE:
The value of your Protection Plan is in most cases equal to the purchase price of your item. Each time you file a valid claim, and we provide repair, the total value of your coverage is reduced by the cost of the repairs.
Then if you file another valid claim with us on the same item, and repairs are estimated to cost more than the remaining value of your Protection Plan, the remaining value of your Protection Plan will be offered instead.”

I question how this is going to work with my camera flash. A simple repair to re-solder a loose USB connection on my perviously covered tablet with SquareTrade was billed as a $150 repair charge against the total covered value of the tablet. If it costs $150 to solder a connection, I can't imagine that they will be able to do much of anything by way of repair to a $75 camera flash before they exceed the covered value of the item. In other words, when you purchase this protection plan, you are essentially purchasing a one time refund of the purchase price of the flash, not a 3 year protection plan. For the $12, it isn't a bad deal. But the marketing is deceptive.
22 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 7, 2018
I purchased this protection plan with my Panasonic Lumix FZ70. The first time I sent it in for repairs, I got the camera back and pretty much nothing got fixed - kind of disappointing. However, I think this was partially due to lack of detail on my part.

The second time I sent it in was an entirely different experience. I made sure to contact a technician to go over the fine details of the camera damage, and what actions were needed to make the experienced errors occur. The SquareTrade customer service professionals were extremely friendly and took time to listen to the details of the damages. They even contacted me back to verify before repairs. It turned out that the camera could not be repaired, so they sent me a complete refund for my purchase.

Overall, this inexpensive plan saved me $250 and it was relatively low-hassle. I won't be purchasing another camera without it!
Despite the first mishap, I'm still giving 5 stars for their professionalism and providing a full refund. I'm very happy with this plan.
on February 11, 2018
I had never bought one of these accident warranties for a camera before, since I'm usually fairly careful with them, but for some reason decided to get it when I bought a refurbished Lumix. As luck would have it, I did manage to total the camera in an odd accident about four months later. Was pretty bummed at first, since I didn't remember for sure if I had gotten the coverage or not, but then found the confirming email & began the claims process.

It's a fairly easy and straightforward process if you've kept proof of your purchase...mostly done online, so digital or photocopies are fine, no need to keep paper records. It took a bit longer than I thought it should have. They had me send the camera in for inspection, even though I thought the pictures and description of the damage I sent showed it to be beyond reasonable repair (they supplied a mailing label, so it was easy enough to do, at least). When it got to them, they sent a confirmation of receipt, and, a day or so later, a notice surprisingly saying they thought it might be repairable, and would advise further. A few days later they finally sent the expected news that the camera was toast and they would be paying the claim. Nor long after, I received the check.

So, in all it took a bit more time than it could have, but not an unreasonable amount, the process was easy, and there was no haggling or "gotcha" efforts to avoid paying the claim. The coverage was well worth having, and I was satisfied with the way it worked. When I bought a replacement camera, I got the appropriate Square Trade policy to cover it.
on April 20, 2015
I've NEVER had a warranty service SO easy to work with!! The 'shutter button' on my camera stopped working after having it a year. I called Square Trade customer service (spoke to an AWESOME rep), then rec'd return instructions via email. I packed up my Nikon camera per Square Trade's instructions, returned with supplied 'prepaid' Fed Ex label, and BOOM....received my refund in 7 days....via check today! I will NEVER...EVER... buy any electronic item WITHOUT Square Trade as the insurer!!
on July 28, 2017
Don't waste your money on this. It offers zero protection. If you have a claim, these people will run you around in circles until you finally say to heck with it and give up. It will cost you more to jump through their hoops that you paid for the so called "Accident Protection Plan".

Please note that this is not a warranty by any stretch of the imagination.
on March 1, 2013
I have nothing but praise for Amazon.com's provision of Square Trade Warranties. The warranties are offered in a range of product-purchase-price values. I realized Square Trade warranties were available on Amazon by accident and shortly after Christmas...what a blessing! I purchased a warranty for every single electronic device purchased. I have been a long-time client of Square Trade and already had several warranties on items I had purchased. Now, Amazon links the service to certain purchases...making it easier for me to shop and cover my items in a single session! How thoughtful and convenient!

Recently, I had the occasion to once again make a warranty claim on an item. I made certain Square Trade had my proof-of-purchase on the item. I received honest, complete, and expert information on some questions I had. The Square Trade representative explained in detail what was required, I complied, and a return postage-free label was printed and returned with the item in question.

In my case, a refund was offered as opposed to repair (due to the nature of the problem). How about that?! Refunds in the form of an Amazon Gift Card warrant an additional percentage as well! All of this took place in a very short time-frame and with no problems. I am more than pleased with the offer, have replaced the item (again) at Amazon, and have only praise on this transaction.

Would I recommend buying at Amazon.com, purchasing Square Trade coverage wherever possible, and experiencing the satisfaction of knowing that FANTASTIC customer service and satisfaction, two-way communication, and honesty and professionalism can still be found! I am a MORE THAN HAPPY CUSTOMER OF BOTH AMAZON.COM AND SQUARE TRADE and you can be too!
on September 7, 2017
Glad to have this on some of our electronic products. Does not disappoint. The company advises you via regular US mail on several occasions to get yourself registered on-line so as not to lose out on technicalities of replacing or fixing your product. Good Job Square Trade. I found their staff to be gracious and helpful. They walked me through the procedure when I could not quite figure it out.
on July 18, 2014
I purchased a 3 yr warranty on the camera I bought which was a gift. About a month later, I borrowed the camera because I needed something really small to fit into my pocket as i was serving at a friend's wedding. Unfortunately the camera dropped out of my pocket & fell face down into sandy ground. i dusted it off not thinking it would malfunction but that's all it took. The lens would not come out. I contacted Square Trade & they sent me a postage paid sticker to send camera to them via fedex and refunded me the entire amount of my camera plus 3%. They said since camera was under $100, it was cheaper for them to just refund the entire purchase & I can go ahead & repurchase the camera again if I wanted to. I was so glad I purchased the protection plan as I was able to replace the camera which was a gift with a brand new camera (what a relief!) I just repurchased the camera & the accident protection plan. Yes, true, it's not an unlimited warranty and for lower priced cameras, it may be good for one time use only but I think it's worth the extra $18 for that "one time." Guess it may not be good enough for the accident prone.
on January 30, 2013
I bought my camera on Jan 8, and Amazon suggested that I get the SquareTrade warranty. I happy they did. Would you believe I dropped it in my fish tank Jan 17?! I was very upset. I tried all the normal things you would try when you drop an electronic device in water. I didnt want to deal with the warranty company because how do I explain 'I dropped my camera in my fish tank'? I was sure my claim would be denied, even though I had accidental spill coverage. When nothing I did worked, I decided to file the claim. At the very least, I was hoping they could fix my camera.
I filed my claim, which was a surprisingly easy process, and within hours my claim was approved. I was told I was eligible for a refund (slightly a bummer), but if I elected to get my refund through Amazon, I would get an extra 10% back (makes up for the bummer). I elected for the Amazon e-gift card; again that was SUPER quick, and I got a new camera. I had to ship the damaged one back, but they pay for shipping. They only ask that you carefully pack the camera when sending it back. With the extra 10% I got back, Im looking for a waterproof case for the new camera :)
on April 11, 2013
I ordered the Square Trade plan when I bought a new camera, but then decided to return the camera and buy a new one. I wanted to transfer the policy to the new camers. As it turned out, however, I tried to make the change one month and four days after my purchase -- they have a one month cancellation period -- AND the new camera needed a new policy, since it was a different make. Despite these hitches, the Square Trade saleslady was VERY helpful. She gave me credit for the old policy despite the fact that I was past the cancellation period, and she walked me through the purchase of a new policy. I hope my new camera never breaks, but if it does I am confident that the Square Trade plan will do what it says it will.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.