Industrial Deals Beauty STEM PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno Oprah's Book Club nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Wickedly Prime

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 125-$150|Change
Price:$19.76+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 2,114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,726 reviews
on December 28, 2016
I purchased this prior to dealing with another Square Trade policy I have. The Square Trade fine print has just come to my attention and is as follows:
"THE VALUE OF YOUR COVERAGE:
The value of your Protection Plan is in most cases equal to the purchase price of your item. Each time you file a valid claim, and we provide repair, the total value of your coverage is reduced by the cost of the repairs.
Then if you file another valid claim with us on the same item, and repairs are estimated to cost more than the remaining value of your Protection Plan, the remaining value of your Protection Plan will be offered instead.”

I question how this is going to work with my camera flash. A simple repair to re-solder a loose USB connection on my perviously covered tablet with SquareTrade was billed as a $150 repair charge against the total covered value of the tablet. If it costs $150 to solder a connection, I can't imagine that they will be able to do much of anything by way of repair to a $75 camera flash before they exceed the covered value of the item. In other words, when you purchase this protection plan, you are essentially purchasing a one time refund of the purchase price of the flash, not a 3 year protection plan. For the $12, it isn't a bad deal. But the marketing is deceptive.
on March 12, 2015
Square Trade came through with their end of the bargain after my camera met an ill fate (100pcs). Took a little long for the whole process but they sent a new camera.
review image
on May 13, 2015
I use squaretrade for all my electronics warranties (I think I have around 10 warranties currently). The customer service is great and the response time is good. I've had to use the warranty 5 separate times with three different phone contracts and everytime was great. There is also a points program which allows you to purchase warranties with the point accrues from purchases. I just redeemed points for a game console warranty. I will continue to purchase squaretrade warranties in the future.
on April 20, 2015
I've NEVER had a warranty service SO easy to work with!! The 'shutter button' on my camera stopped working after having it a year. I called Square Trade customer service (spoke to an AWESOME rep), then rec'd return instructions via email. I packed up my Nikon camera per Square Trade's instructions, returned with supplied 'prepaid' Fed Ex label, and BOOM....received my refund in 7 days....via check today! I will NEVER...EVER... buy any electronic item WITHOUT Square Trade as the insurer!!
on June 7, 2017
Used this on a Lightdow LD6000 that I had for about one year. I let a friend borrow the camera, and when I got it back and tried to charge it, the metal around the USB port fell into the camera, rendering it impossible to charge.

This was actually the second Lightdow LD6000, as I had previously damaged the lens on my first one, and got a refund using the Assurant plan that I had purchased.

Anyway, I filed the claim, and didn't bother sending this camera back until over a month later. The tracking info never worked on the FedEx website, but the box still reached its destination the next day and I got my refund, which I am using to buy my third Lightdow LD6000 (and another protection plan, of course)!

Hopefully I'll stop being so clumsy with these things!
on June 20, 2017
I have not had a great experience with my GoPro 4 Hero Protention Plan. I was a fan until now. I have purchased 3 Square Trade protection plans so far. The Good: they make the purchase process seamless, the make the claim process seamless, they have an app that allows you to somewhat manage your plans and give you your claim updates. The BAD: But who cares about the good when they fail on their claim to fix my GoPro. I sent them my item and they quickly repaired it and sent it back to me ASAP. Once I receive my GoPro it's missing the battery. Next thing I notice the lens assembly falls apart (whom do they outsource the repair to???). Lastly, the lens that was scratched seemed to still have a big spot in the center of the lens so obviously, I will still have issues. I'm currently in the process of sending it back let's see what happens.
on June 27, 2017
I've never EVER purchased an extended warranty or protection plan before but figured what the heck and opted for it on my ActionCam and I am so glad I did.

The lens on my Action Cam got scratched and all my videos had a obnoxious blur where the scratch on the lens was.

I went to the Square Trade website and filed a claim within a few minutes. A few hours later I got an email saying it was approved and got a fedex label e-mailed to me. A day after dropping it off (before the return was even delivered) I was e-mailed an Amazon gift card code for the full price of the camera.
on January 10, 2017
This service worked great !! I purchased this plan for a small action cam that I was worried about dropping, well guess what ? Yep cracked the lens and cam would not power on. It took about 2mins to file a claim on there web site and 10mins after that I had a prepaid return label waiting in my inbox. What really made this nice was the next day I dropped the package off with FedEx and 10:45am an by 1pm that day I had a Amazon Gift card code for the amount of the camera.. Great Service
on December 20, 2012
I purchased Square Trade warranties with all the Kindles I bought last year at Christmas and was well pleased with the company, so when I had the chance to purchase a Square Trade warranty for a Christmas gift this year, I didn't hesitate. Well - last year the warranty arrived shortly after the Kindle - certainly within several days of ordering. So, when I didn't receive the warranty this time, I was concerned. I called Amazon first and they gave me a number to call. I called that number and, even though it was Square Trade, I was given another number to call. After three calls I eventually reached someone that said they could help. That's the first red flag. The second red flag came when we began discussing specifics. First, unlike the Kindle, Square Trade didn't have any idea what kind of camera, model, etc. That's bad execution on Amazon's part. If they produce a pop-up offering a warranty, then there out to be closer integration of what is being purchased. It seemed all Square Trade received is that someone with a specific email address had purchased a warranty for a camera within a specific price range. That leads me to the next red flag. Although the product specifically states "free shipping", Square Trade has no intention of shipping you anything! You don't get a written warranty to hold in your hands, or give as part of a gift for the item you purchased. They don't even have your mailing address.

Now - in all fairness - every time I've dealt with Square Trade on a warranty issue, they have come through. That was on the Kindle though, which is fully supported by Amazon and Square Trade. I have a very uneasy feeling about the warranty that I purchased for a camera. I cannot recommend this product because of the reasons explained above. If you are purchasing a product and expect to get a written warranty, perhaps you might want to check brick and mortar stores like Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart before you take your chances with this one.

I'm highly disappointed because I relied on my previous experience with Square Trade. As they say in the stock market - past behavior is no guarantee of future performance.
VINE VOICEon December 19, 2016
A lot of times I think these warranties are a good deal, but this time they did not work out.

I bought two FujiFilm instant cameras and two accident plans to go with them. SquareTrade wanted me to send them a receipt; the only thing I had was the .pdf invoice downloadable from Amazon that listed my name and address and the items I bought and the price I paid and the method of payment and date of purchase. I sent that to SquareTrade but then I got an email saying an "invoice" is not good enough... it must be a "receipt." Well it is not like I'm claiming the items were lost in shipping or anything... what is the difference? Also on the SquareTrade site they wanted serial numbers and there are no serial numbers on the two cameras I bought plans for. That surprised me, but it is not under my control. I gave up on the hassle and cancelled the plans for refund.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.