Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 18, 2011
I bought a waterproof digital camera (Casio) and bought SquareTrade's 3 year warranty and accidental damage with it since it's "supposed" to be waterproof, it's always good to have a backup plan if it isn't. This is the first time I have ever bought an extended warranty or insurance plan for any of my devices. My thinking is if it breaks, I either fix it or it's old enough that I just buy a new camera. So the first time I made a claim was because of water damage. I filed a claim online, printed the label and sent it on. Within a week, I had it back and repaired. YEAH! I went to vacation at Niagara Falls a month later and brought my camera with and low and behold, it was damaged again because of water. My hunch is that it wasn't put back together the right way or the seal was broken after the first repair. When I tried to file a claim online it said that I have to call... This was where I was dreading the call and anticipating a horrible experience. When I talked to them, they were super friendly, understood the problem and told me that the second claim, they will simply pay my out the remaining cost of the device less then first repair. I chose the Amazon gift card instead and they gave me 5% more than via PayPal or check. I wasn't expecting them to pay me out the cost of the device, which was fantastic and I went to Amazon and bought a different waterproof camera. Lesson learned, always buy SquareTrade for all of my personal electronics and never buy Casio waterproof cameras.
on April 1, 2015
I'm not sure I'm pleased with the overall protection. Not entirely clear what is and what is not covered. However when you talk to someone in the company customer service area - they have been helpful. This is my 2nd purchase of this plan the first was in my mind worthless but I guess you get what you pay for.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 25, 2017
What is the point of having a protection plan that doesn't do anything? Tried to put a claim through and then it doesn't cover anything. Not worth the money.
on February 4, 2012
True-fully, while I've been buying various warranty extensions for decades, this is only the second time I've actually used them.
The first instance involved a repairable item (expensive repairs) and the company (not Square Trade) honored their agreement without a hassle. However, this is the first time I've had such a complete failure of a product, insured or not.
SQUARE TRADE was impressive with the speed and fairness with which they handled my claim. In only 24 hours from submitting my claim I not only had a response, but a prepaid UPS label to ship my item to them. then, 24 hours after the UPS driver scanned the package label at my door, the the settlement amount was IN my PayPal account (my choice where it was deposited).
I've seen "horror stories" on TV about these warranty companies (another one on the news just this morning)so I was "holding my breath" when I submitted this claim. There is no possible way that SQUARE TRADE could have performed any better.
While there is always a consideration as to the real value of the added cost when making a purchase, SQUARE TRADE will, hands down, be my fist choice in the future. I also know that I will be buying more coverage, more often for more products, from SQUARE TRADE.
on February 7, 2014
I bought this protection plan when I bought a Kodak C1530 camera. Shortly after arrival the camera stopped working. I submitted 2 different requests but never heard back from this company. :(
on June 27, 2015
I have bought numerous electronic products on Amazon, two cameras, several GPS units, etc. All but one purchase has been covered by Square Trade's plan and I made the one purchase recently and went with Smart Guard due to lack of response from Square Trade. Recently, when my Garmin GPS failed, I attempted to claim it on this policy with no luck. This year, I had a Canon camera that fell into this same situation and again, no luck. With my most recent purchase, I used Smart Guard--hopefully they will provide better service. Their registration is a lot easier than Square Trade, so I am hoping their coverage is also better.
on March 5, 2018
canceled right away after I found out the details. This is a scam.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 27, 2011
Bought this warranty along with a digital camera back in November. I had to buy that camera because I had dropped my current camera, and broke it. So, I decided since I was such a clutz it would be worth it to buy a warranty since it has the drops and spills coverage. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Anyway I didn't do anything other than save the email from Squaretrade. This past Saturday I was taking a picture and dropped the camera (that I bought in November) in my dining room and wouldn't you know - it broke. I went online and started to register my warranty but had things to do. Saturday night I went back online and finished the registration and forwarded my email from Amazon as proof of purchase of the camera. Within 15 minutes I received a response from Squaretrade with a shipping label to mail my camera to them for verification purposes. Once they verified I did break it, the email said they would send me a check, paypal or Amazon gift card. That was fast! So I packed it up on Sunday and my husband mailed it THIS morning (Monday). At 8:02pm THIS evening (I didn't even know UPS shipped that quick) I got an email confirming my claim was completed and with my gift card information. I can't believe how fast that was! So now I am off to buy *another* camera (same make and model, it's not the camera's fault I am a clutz) and *another* Squaretrade warranty. Well worth the money! I highly recommend it.
on August 18, 2015
Easy to sign up for. I have not needed to make any claims, thankfully. So, I don't know how the replacement/repair service is. I hope I don't need it. I will update this post if I use the service later.
on March 24, 2011
I was contacted the day after I bought the warranty by a representative from the company. They wanted to welcome me in, make sure I have visited their website to register my product, and asked if I needed any additional information. She (cust. rep.) gave me a phone number to contact if I needed additional help and was very courteous. Seems like a great company to get a warranty from. I would recommend them based on what other people are saying and my initial experience with them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.