Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 250-$300|Change
Price:$39.94+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 145 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 943 reviews
on February 20, 2015
I am a loyal Square Trade customer and had never had an issue with any of their warranty coverage until now. I ordered a Samsung Chromebook last year. As with any electronic device, I chose what I thought was the ACCIDENTAL coverage. I am very careful with my items but an accident can happen at any time, so I always buy the ACCIDENTAL coverage. Well, up until now I have NEVER had to make a claim. But lo and behold, my Chromebook(which I love) had an accident. I was upset but only for a moment because I remembered, Hey I have Coverage from SquareTrade, I will just make my claim send it in and have a new one in a few weeks.BUT, when I called to file my claim, I was informed I only had LapTop Protection and NOT Accidental. I said there must be some mistake because if you look at my account, all of my items that are eligible for ACCIDENTAL coverage have it. They said no, yours only covers software/hardware and internal issues. I said WHY WOULD I HAVE that coverage ONLY for a Chromebook when hardware/software issues rarely if ever happen with Chromebooks. Well after many calls with Amazon and ST, my issue still has not been resolved. I have since had to make two claims on other items I have with ST and it was a simple and easy process. But with this particular item, which I value highly and used daily before the accident, Amazon Nor Squaretrade have resolved it. The computer works fine but the body is cracked from the accident. The screen is even still intact(Go Figure).

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

The Square Trade offered on my item was either intentionally deceptive or there was glitch in the ordering system that day. I don't ever make errors of this nature when it comes to electronics or most other things. I am a very angry customer. I have been buying from Amazon since they were just a book seller. To their credit, this is the first issue they have not resolved but it is the one that I needed corrected the most.

For kicks, I just went through the ordering process to see what Square Trade plan popped up for the same Samsung Chromebook and amazingly, the ACCIDENT PLAN was there........hmmm..........
on February 8, 2016
These warranties are fine but BE CAREFUL! The Amazon Squaretrade warranties will only cover products purchased through Amazon. I purchased a laptop through Best Buy and subsequently purchased the ST warranty through Amazon. Thank goodness I called Squaretrade directly to inquire about the terms of the warranty! It was then I was informed that any claims would have been denied in the future due to purchasing the product through Amazon. I cancelled the Amazon-purchased warranty, and bought a replacement one directly through Squaretrade (which was equivalently-priced, but also included accidental damage from handling [ADH], which was not covered through the Amazon-purchased one). The moral of the story - once you buy your warranty, call the company and make sure that what you think you bought is actually what you purchased!
on February 5, 2014
I bought a chrombook, had it about 6mos. a few days ago my power chord started intermittently charging. I went on line to file a claim and the site ran me in circles. I called and asked is the power chord covered. I was on hold for a while, about 10 min while they found out if the chord was covered. He got back and said i had to contact the chromebook manufacturer. I bought the product on amazon, and this warranty. Have no idea who or where to call. I just want them to reolace my power chord and they say they can BUT. and it's been 2hrs now i've been running around in circles trying to get this chord replaced. thankfully the chord is in the exact spot that let's it charge... I don't know what i'll do but i find this very very very frustrating.
on December 27, 2013
Brick and mortar electronic stores offer almost a no-questions-asked returns policy when selling these type warranties: damage outside of normal wear and tear,n o mater what. We purchased this warranty because of the bad product quality reviews on the chrome book purchased. Especially how the MFGs do not cover broken screens even though they were defective not at fault of the user. But when we read the fine print closely, the warranty says only covers damage due to poor MFG but lays it on thick what does not cover and that includes just about everything except the MFG forgetting to solder components to the PC boards. So Buying this warranty is a gamble and not a feel-good decision.
on May 8, 2014
This was the first non-manufacturer warranty I ever bought, and I've used SquareTrade for every expensive electronic item I've purchased since. I'd actually never used a warranty before, and wasn't really expecting to when I bought this, but it was fairly cheap, so I went with it. About two years into my three years, my laptop had a really annoying hardware malfunction. It was fast and easy to file a claim, they sent me a box to ship my laptop in free of charge, and I had it back fixed within two weeks. I think all I really needed was some new thermal paste, but they replaced my entire hard drive (with a better one) and coped all my files to the new one. This was the only claim I've ever filed, but when I needed it, they were fast and efficient. I've never purchased the drop/spill coverage, so I can't say how easy it would've been to file a claim in that case, but I was quite impressed with how easy SquareTrade was to work with. I'll definitely keep using them in the future.
on December 18, 2013
After I purchased a high-end refurbished laptop on Amazon along with this SquareTrade warranty I noticed that the contract read ‘new’. I contacted SquareTrade to correct that and have it changed to ‘refurbished’ and received the following email back:

“SquareTrade offers Protection Plans directly for new items only. Used and refurbished items are only eligible when purchased on eBay. Unfortunately, we are no longer offering warranties on a refurbished unit purchased from a retail store or website like Amazon. We made this decision because SquareTrade has found that the failure rate on refurbished items purchased from retailers are unacceptably high. Our responsibility to our insurer and our customers led to the decision not to warrant an item that has such a proven high failure rate.”

This policy is stated nowhere on this item listing - if I missed it please comment and let me know.

I contacted Amazon customer support to request they investigate this and enforce the three year warranty I purchased. SquareTrade then cancelled my warranty without my permission.

The take away here is: 1) SquareTrade has determined refurbished computers sold through Amazon are trash 2) the ones sold through eBay are fine 3) Amazon will not enforce warranty contractual obligations.
on May 23, 2017
This product did not cover what I was led to believe. My laptop screen broke and I called in order to have them repair it. When I contacted them they promptly informed me that fixing my screen was not covered under my warranty. They told me that my warranty only covered natural wear and tear, now my laptop screen broke when I was readjusting the monitor, it was not dropped and nothing was spilled on it. When this was purchased I was not informed that there was an additional plan, but when I called in order to have it fixed they told me why on earth would we offer another plan if it was covered under this protection plan. They did refund the entire amount that I paid for the plan, but did not allow me to buy the alternate insurance plan. It is now impossible for me to get my laptop insured because it needs to be done after a certain date. I felt that this protection plan was hard to understand and not clearly detailed. I did appreciate the refund, but did not like the plan.
on January 18, 2015
They claimed they could not replicate the problem and sent it back. It replicated instantly for me. Wasted money, serves me right buying a warranty...
on March 24, 2010
First issue I had was I couldn't read the entire agreement until AFTER purchase, and then the full terms were sent via email and hyperlink.

Main problem I saw right away is that their "lemon" policy wasn't nearly as good as the "quick" amazon description in that it failed to note the limitation of needing 4 repair attempts ON THE SAME ISSUE before this policy kicked in. Boy, theoretically this could leave you without your new computer for MONTHS!

Further, Squaretrade reserves the right to use its sole discretion to decide if a "comparable" item be substituted (of equal or lesser value) or if a refund is issued. I don't like this ambiguity. This was reason enough for me to cancel and take my chances with the manufacturers warranty.

Your mileage may vary.
on August 14, 2015
What a ripoff! We made 7 or 8 telephone calls, first to their schedulers, and later to their technicians. There was just one excuse after another -- never a yes or no answer, always another hoop for us to jump through. We really never got to the point of attempting a diagnosis. We spent hours and hours in long phone queues, and finally gave up.
Save your money. This was just an extraordinarily frustrating experience.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.