Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

SquareTrade 2-Year Laptop Protection Plan ($250 - 300)
Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 250-$300|Change
Price:$41.29+ Free shipping

on May 8, 2014
This was the first non-manufacturer warranty I ever bought, and I've used SquareTrade for every expensive electronic item I've purchased since. I'd actually never used a warranty before, and wasn't really expecting to when I bought this, but it was fairly cheap, so I went with it. About two years into my three years, my laptop had a really annoying hardware malfunction. It was fast and easy to file a claim, they sent me a box to ship my laptop in free of charge, and I had it back fixed within two weeks. I think all I really needed was some new thermal paste, but they replaced my entire hard drive (with a better one) and coped all my files to the new one. This was the only claim I've ever filed, but when I needed it, they were fast and efficient. I've never purchased the drop/spill coverage, so I can't say how easy it would've been to file a claim in that case, but I was quite impressed with how easy SquareTrade was to work with. I'll definitely keep using them in the future.
on February 26, 2013
I bought this warranty with my laptop around two years ago. About half a year in the battery on the laptop was not doing well - contacted Squaretrade and they told me to take it through the manufacturer's warranty because it was still covered.

So first rule of Squaretrade is: your 3-year warranty is actually 2. They lied. Sure, not "technically", but if I thought the manufacturer's warranty was worth a damn I wouldn't have bought this one.

Next time I needed the warranty was recent (and inspiring this review). I had a touch screen problem. I filed a claim, they sent a box out in a few days. I sent the laptop in. A week and a half later (they say they sent it out within two days of receiving it, but don't forget to add all those "shipping delays") I got the laptop back "repaired". Except it wasn't. They didn't do anything to it. It's exactly the same, mechanically, and all the problems were mechanical! So now I've been unable to use my laptop for two, going on three weeks... and they haven't even started to repair it.

So second rule of Squaretrade is: don't count on that BS 5-day turn around time. They are either idiots or they think their customers are idiots who won't notice if they DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING. They reinstalled the OS and say they "ran diagnostics" (even though the problem is obviously hardware, the touch screen doesn't work in one specific area.) But hey, TECHNICALLY they returned it in 5 days right??? (Let's not consider shipping time, the time it will take to reinstall everything, etc... AND THAT THEY DIDN'T FIX IT.)

Scam artists with the technicalities. If you're thinking of buying this warranty, CAREFULLY consider these downsides because it may just be extra money thrown into the wind. In the mean time I'm glad my warranty is still valid for another year because I might be sending the laptop back and forth for that long.

I see a lot of the positive reviews claiming the warranty is great without any details about their actual experience (or if they've had to file a claim)... for the amount of extra money I expected this warranty to be much better.
on May 23, 2017
This product did not cover what I was led to believe. My laptop screen broke and I called in order to have them repair it. When I contacted them they promptly informed me that fixing my screen was not covered under my warranty. They told me that my warranty only covered natural wear and tear, now my laptop screen broke when I was readjusting the monitor, it was not dropped and nothing was spilled on it. When this was purchased I was not informed that there was an additional plan, but when I called in order to have it fixed they told me why on earth would we offer another plan if it was covered under this protection plan. They did refund the entire amount that I paid for the plan, but did not allow me to buy the alternate insurance plan. It is now impossible for me to get my laptop insured because it needs to be done after a certain date. I felt that this protection plan was hard to understand and not clearly detailed. I did appreciate the refund, but did not like the plan.
on April 6, 2010
I just purchased a new ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PE-PU27-BK notebook computer from Amazon.com and wanted extended warranty coverage. I found that coverage through Amazon.com via Square Trade.

Pros: Although I just purchased this three-year warranty for my new ASUS notebook and haven't had a problem with the computer as yet (and hopefully I never will), I had to contact Square Trade for assistance in submitting my ASUS warranty information. Customer Service took me by the hand and walked me through the process. Also, I received e-mail confirmation from Square Trade well within 24-hours of signing up.

Cons: The three-year warranty is actually only good for two years. The notebook comes with a one-year warranty, and the Square Trade warranty starts as soon as you sign up for it. Thus, if there should be a problem with the computer it will have to be sent back to ASUS for service, rather than going through Square Trade.

Summary: All-in-all, for just over $60 for the Square Trade warranty, the cost still works out to about $30 per year (since the first year doesn't count), and that's not a bad price for what you get.
on July 27, 2013
Best price & Customer service. For the little money it cost. I'd rather have my things protected and never have to use it, then to not have it. I see that THE GEEK SQUAD is offering waranties now~don't really know about them, and have used square trade for years. I go with what I know!
on March 18, 2013
PRIOR TO PURCHASING EXTENDED WARRANTY CONTRACT, HAD SEVERAL QUESTIONS.
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE...KNOWLEDGEABLE, EFFICIENT AND PROMPT...

HAD A SQUARETRADE CONTRACT ON ANOTHER LAPTOP THAT JUST EXPIRED...NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES OR PROBLEM TO CALL FOR SERVICING......I AM SURE IF NEEDED, I COULD'VE COUNTED ON SQUARETRADE 100%.

HOPING IF I EVER NEED SERVICE ON MY NEW LAPTOP, I WON'T HAVE ANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS...NO HASSLES/NO RUNAROUND.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SQUARETRADE BEING THERE FOR ME IF SERVICE IS EVER CALLED FOR ON MY NEW LAPTOP...QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY.

GREAT VALUE FOR EXTENDED WARRANTY.
on November 16, 2010
I recently purchased what could be considered a "low end" laptop - ACER - from Amazon.com for less than $400 (it's great). I also purchased this very reasonably priced 3-year warranty from Square Trade for $59.00. $59.00 is cheap insurance to accompany an inexpensive laptop - because if the laptop lasts me three years then I will have gotten my money's worth and the warranty keeps me protected for the lifetime of my PC. I was having a problem, it turned out to be with my virus software, but I wasn't sure so I called Square Trade. I got through immediately and had excellent tech support from them. I am very happy that I purchased this warranty. It makes sense to me to buy cheap hardware and use it for three years, with the accompanying warranty, and then buy something else in three years which is the average life of these things anyway.
on June 11, 2013
I purchased an Acer Aspire One Netbook in December 2011. At the same time I purchased an extended warranty through Square Trade for $70. Some might think that is a lot to pay since the Acer only cost me $350. However, it extended my one year OEM warranty to five years. I also registered my Netbook purchase on the Square Trade website by sending a PDF file of my Amazon purchase receipt thus establishing my warranty.

As it turned out, 5 months after the OEM warranty ran out my monitor died. I first contacted Acer to ask for their advice. After the second suggestion didn't work Acer's advice was to ship the Netbook back to them (at my cost both ways) plus $200 and they would take a look at it. Following my less than stellar response from Acer I decided it was time to contact Square Trade via their website. After logging in and providing them with a description of my problem and what I had already done to resolve it they sent me a packing kit with a prepaid 2 day air UPS shipping label. From the time they received my Netbook to when they shipped it back to me Square Trade provided me with updates via their website. The best part is it only took 7 days from the day I shipped my Netbook to when I received it back in pristine condition. What's even better is I still have 3 1/2 years left on my warranty.
on March 18, 2014
i have had to have to items replaced and each time it was hassle free. I recommend always getting protection with electronics and Square Trade is the cheapest. I have a new iPhone 5c and I will definitely be adding the coverage. I wish I'd gotten the accidental drop and spill because I've had a few things crack but I will do it the next time.
on March 5, 2013
I found a great deal on a laptop, but it was pre-owned, meaning it only had a thirty day warranty. It was a laptop I'd never have been able to afford to buy new. Thanks to this warranty, I could buy the laptop I really wanted, knowing that if anything did go wrong I wasn't going to lose my money. Even when you buy from a reliable seller it is smart to back up pre-owned electronics with a good warranty.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.