Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

SquareTrade 2-Year Laptop Protection Plan ($250 - 300)
Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 250-$300|Change
Price:$9.15+ Free shipping

on February 20, 2015
I am a loyal Square Trade customer and had never had an issue with any of their warranty coverage until now. I ordered a Samsung Chromebook last year. As with any electronic device, I chose what I thought was the ACCIDENTAL coverage. I am very careful with my items but an accident can happen at any time, so I always buy the ACCIDENTAL coverage. Well, up until now I have NEVER had to make a claim. But lo and behold, my Chromebook(which I love) had an accident. I was upset but only for a moment because I remembered, Hey I have Coverage from SquareTrade, I will just make my claim send it in and have a new one in a few weeks.BUT, when I called to file my claim, I was informed I only had LapTop Protection and NOT Accidental. I said there must be some mistake because if you look at my account, all of my items that are eligible for ACCIDENTAL coverage have it. They said no, yours only covers software/hardware and internal issues. I said WHY WOULD I HAVE that coverage ONLY for a Chromebook when hardware/software issues rarely if ever happen with Chromebooks. Well after many calls with Amazon and ST, my issue still has not been resolved. I have since had to make two claims on other items I have with ST and it was a simple and easy process. But with this particular item, which I value highly and used daily before the accident, Amazon Nor Squaretrade have resolved it. The computer works fine but the body is cracked from the accident. The screen is even still intact(Go Figure).

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

The Square Trade offered on my item was either intentionally deceptive or there was glitch in the ordering system that day. I don't ever make errors of this nature when it comes to electronics or most other things. I am a very angry customer. I have been buying from Amazon since they were just a book seller. To their credit, this is the first issue they have not resolved but it is the one that I needed corrected the most.

For kicks, I just went through the ordering process to see what Square Trade plan popped up for the same Samsung Chromebook and amazingly, the ACCIDENT PLAN was there........hmmm..........
54 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 25, 2013
I hope that this lives up to it's rep. I do feel comfy with this as a backup thanks,/Gerald skislak
on March 1, 2014
did not receive protection as of date, promise was not fulfilled, hopefully it will be mailed soon for it is paid for.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 31, 2014
When I purchased this for my Acer Laptop the opening page said that they cover spills and dropped items. Well tonight I sat on my bed and the laptop fell to the floor on one corner. I called Square Trade and was told I did not get the full coverage, I only got the coverage that covers the inside guts. I am so disappointed, I did not know there was an addl coverage. Believe me when I say I had no idea that I was not covered for drops and spills. I would of paid more in order to protect it. I could just cry. I live on Medicare and money is tight month to month. At least they gave me a refund from the insurance.
6 people found this helpful
on March 21, 2014
I have purchased this protection plan in the past for other electronics and I would not purchase anything else. Great customer service and it is very easy to register your product. And they cover just about everything that could happen.
on January 21, 2013
I havent had to use the warranty yet thankfully so I have yet to see if it will be a hassle if needed or if everything will go smooth.
on January 31, 2016
Good plan!
on July 19, 2015
Great company.
One person found this helpful
on January 10, 2013
We purchased a Toshiba Satelight Laptop through Amazon. It was a gift for our son for Christmas 2012. Within 10 days after initially turning on the computer it had hard drive problems. It was remotely re-set via Wifi through Toshiba Customer Service at that point. Within another month it had a 2nd hard drive problem ( failure locked up blue screen) It was then sent into Customer Service for Hard Drive Repair. Again another couple months later it had the same problems. At that point Toshiba offered to send it to a special repair center who found the Hard Drive bad and they rebuilt the computer and told us they would replace it if we were to have another problem. Take note: Toshiba's customer service is useless. They do not stand by their word or their product. At that point we had atleast 10 pages of notes and claim #'s and names of people we spoke with for help. We were completely dis-satisfied with Toshiba and the lack of help we received. We paid $649 for a new Lap Top that had great reviews. It was a Lemon from the day we opened it.

A few months after receiviing it back in April for the 3rd repair/re-build it again only lasted a few months and started again with slow system problems until it eventually completely crashed again for the 4th time. At that point Toshiba was only willing to replace it with a refurbished unit or a cash re-fund of $349. What a disapointment. We had used this Laptop less than a few months between the down time for repiairs. And they were only willing to gives us another unit that was re-built or half our money back. THANK GOD, we purchased the Square Trade warranty on this LapTop. At that point we called to see what our options were. Square Trade imediately helped us and made a claim, sent us the tag to send it in to them. Within a day of receiving copies of all our paperwork on the calls and repair claims, they approved us for a full refund of the Laptop. After reviewing all the time Toshiba had the unit,and all the times it had been repaired. I would and WILL PURCHASE Square Trade extended warranties on any future high end purchase I make on Amazon. We were completely satisfied with their Customer Service and all their help.
Lesley Pierce
on January 12, 2013
SquareTrade 3-Year Computer Accident Protection Plan ($500-600)

This is the first SquareTrade warranty I have had and the first review I have ever made on a product. With only 20 days left on the 3 year warranty, my friend's pet knocked a drink over which spilled all over my laptop's keyboard. Filed my claim online and within a few days, I had a UPS shipping label and box to send the broken computer to Squaretrade. My laptop was deemed unfixable and the money for the computer was deposited into my Paypal account within a few days. The whole process took about 2 weeks from filing until depositing. They are fast and their customer service agents are polite and knowledgeable. This is the only company I'll ever use for warranties. The best compliment that I can give them is that I just bought another warranty for the replacement laptop.