Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 250-$300|Change
Price:$39.94+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 143 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 941 reviews
on February 20, 2015
I am a loyal Square Trade customer and had never had an issue with any of their warranty coverage until now. I ordered a Samsung Chromebook last year. As with any electronic device, I chose what I thought was the ACCIDENTAL coverage. I am very careful with my items but an accident can happen at any time, so I always buy the ACCIDENTAL coverage. Well, up until now I have NEVER had to make a claim. But lo and behold, my Chromebook(which I love) had an accident. I was upset but only for a moment because I remembered, Hey I have Coverage from SquareTrade, I will just make my claim send it in and have a new one in a few weeks.BUT, when I called to file my claim, I was informed I only had LapTop Protection and NOT Accidental. I said there must be some mistake because if you look at my account, all of my items that are eligible for ACCIDENTAL coverage have it. They said no, yours only covers software/hardware and internal issues. I said WHY WOULD I HAVE that coverage ONLY for a Chromebook when hardware/software issues rarely if ever happen with Chromebooks. Well after many calls with Amazon and ST, my issue still has not been resolved. I have since had to make two claims on other items I have with ST and it was a simple and easy process. But with this particular item, which I value highly and used daily before the accident, Amazon Nor Squaretrade have resolved it. The computer works fine but the body is cracked from the accident. The screen is even still intact(Go Figure).

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

The Square Trade offered on my item was either intentionally deceptive or there was glitch in the ordering system that day. I don't ever make errors of this nature when it comes to electronics or most other things. I am a very angry customer. I have been buying from Amazon since they were just a book seller. To their credit, this is the first issue they have not resolved but it is the one that I needed corrected the most.

For kicks, I just went through the ordering process to see what Square Trade plan popped up for the same Samsung Chromebook and amazingly, the ACCIDENT PLAN was there........hmmm..........
on February 5, 2014
I bought a chrombook, had it about 6mos. a few days ago my power chord started intermittently charging. I went on line to file a claim and the site ran me in circles. I called and asked is the power chord covered. I was on hold for a while, about 10 min while they found out if the chord was covered. He got back and said i had to contact the chromebook manufacturer. I bought the product on amazon, and this warranty. Have no idea who or where to call. I just want them to reolace my power chord and they say they can BUT. and it's been 2hrs now i've been running around in circles trying to get this chord replaced. thankfully the chord is in the exact spot that let's it charge... I don't know what i'll do but i find this very very very frustrating.
on February 8, 2016
These warranties are fine but BE CAREFUL! The Amazon Squaretrade warranties will only cover products purchased through Amazon. I purchased a laptop through Best Buy and subsequently purchased the ST warranty through Amazon. Thank goodness I called Squaretrade directly to inquire about the terms of the warranty! It was then I was informed that any claims would have been denied in the future due to purchasing the product through Amazon. I cancelled the Amazon-purchased warranty, and bought a replacement one directly through Squaretrade (which was equivalently-priced, but also included accidental damage from handling [ADH], which was not covered through the Amazon-purchased one). The moral of the story - once you buy your warranty, call the company and make sure that what you think you bought is actually what you purchased!
on December 27, 2013
Brick and mortar electronic stores offer almost a no-questions-asked returns policy when selling these type warranties: damage outside of normal wear and tear,n o mater what. We purchased this warranty because of the bad product quality reviews on the chrome book purchased. Especially how the MFGs do not cover broken screens even though they were defective not at fault of the user. But when we read the fine print closely, the warranty says only covers damage due to poor MFG but lays it on thick what does not cover and that includes just about everything except the MFG forgetting to solder components to the PC boards. So Buying this warranty is a gamble and not a feel-good decision.
on December 18, 2013
After I purchased a high-end refurbished laptop on Amazon along with this SquareTrade warranty I noticed that the contract read ‘new’. I contacted SquareTrade to correct that and have it changed to ‘refurbished’ and received the following email back:

“SquareTrade offers Protection Plans directly for new items only. Used and refurbished items are only eligible when purchased on eBay. Unfortunately, we are no longer offering warranties on a refurbished unit purchased from a retail store or website like Amazon. We made this decision because SquareTrade has found that the failure rate on refurbished items purchased from retailers are unacceptably high. Our responsibility to our insurer and our customers led to the decision not to warrant an item that has such a proven high failure rate.”

This policy is stated nowhere on this item listing - if I missed it please comment and let me know.

I contacted Amazon customer support to request they investigate this and enforce the three year warranty I purchased. SquareTrade then cancelled my warranty without my permission.

The take away here is: 1) SquareTrade has determined refurbished computers sold through Amazon are trash 2) the ones sold through eBay are fine 3) Amazon will not enforce warranty contractual obligations.
on February 12, 2013
I filed a claim near the end of January because my battery stopped charging. It is now February 12, and I still don't have my computer back. Better yet, Squaretrade can't even get a hold of the outside company they use to fix the computers to check on the status of my claim. They say in some cases it may take longer than 5 days. They say they will let you know if that is the case. I haven't heard from them since February 6th, when they accepted my claim.
on August 14, 2015
What a ripoff! We made 7 or 8 telephone calls, first to their schedulers, and later to their technicians. There was just one excuse after another -- never a yes or no answer, always another hoop for us to jump through. We really never got to the point of attempting a diagnosis. We spent hours and hours in long phone queues, and finally gave up.
Save your money. This was just an extraordinarily frustrating experience.
on April 6, 2010
I just purchased a new ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PE-PU27-BK notebook computer from Amazon.com and wanted extended warranty coverage. I found that coverage through Amazon.com via Square Trade.

Pros: Although I just purchased this three-year warranty for my new ASUS notebook and haven't had a problem with the computer as yet (and hopefully I never will), I had to contact Square Trade for assistance in submitting my ASUS warranty information. Customer Service took me by the hand and walked me through the process. Also, I received e-mail confirmation from Square Trade well within 24-hours of signing up.

Cons: The three-year warranty is actually only good for two years. The notebook comes with a one-year warranty, and the Square Trade warranty starts as soon as you sign up for it. Thus, if there should be a problem with the computer it will have to be sent back to ASUS for service, rather than going through Square Trade.

Summary: All-in-all, for just over $60 for the Square Trade warranty, the cost still works out to about $30 per year (since the first year doesn't count), and that's not a bad price for what you get.
on November 22, 2012
Sent my son's laptop in for a power cord problem and was refused service because they claimed the laptop was sent damaged. They emailed me a photo of the computer which had obviously been dropped and landed on a corner, popping open the case. The computer was NOT sent in damaged. So, a damaged, useless laptop was returned to me and the kicker is that they did not even send back the power cord. The whole transaction stil ticks me off, which is why I waited so long to write this review. Don't waste your money, they are not honest. If you do buy their warranty and send an item in, make sure you photograph and date stamp the photo (if that would even do any good).
on April 13, 2016
I purchased this plan and have been on numerous phone calls trying to get assistance to repair my computer. After two weeks, I am still very doubtful that I will actually get the help I need. I would not recommend this if you expect quick service and repair help.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.