Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SquareTrade 2-Year Home AV Protection Plan ($125-150)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on November 15, 2012
I recommend this item for all electronics that you may purchase. I never purchase any electronics without it. I have had electronics that malfunctioned soon after factory warranty ended and factory will rarely repair or replace but with Square Trade protection plan, it will cover product for extended time after factory warranty ends.
on December 14, 2014
Very deceptive. They advertise as a TWO year plan when actually it is a ONE year plan. They piggyback on the manufacturers one year plan and include it as their own. The two years you pay for should start AFTER the manufacturers has ended.
on January 14, 2015
Paid for (2) years of protection and it starts on the day of purchase. Kind of dumb as the product has 1 year. So, I paid for 2 years and got 1.
Must have had rocks in my head that day, thinking this was a smart thing to do.... Never again and I would recommend you NOT purchasing this plan.
on December 27, 2012
I have used Squaretrade for other TVs I purchased. One TV did have a problem after about a year. They took care of everything and when they couldn't fix it, they refunded me my purchase price. Simple! This time a bought a warranty on a TV I purchased online. The TV arrived and didn't work so I returned it. I called Squaretrade because I didn't need the warranty obviously. They refunded my money immediately.
on February 17, 2015
I've only had to use a Square Trade warranty once - but they were perfect. No hassle - replaced my IPod within 3 days! I now buy this for EVERY electronic purchase we make on Amazon - it you need it, you'll never regret it!!
on January 29, 2016
It's a total joke. They put you through so much documentation that you finally give up. Don't buy this protection. It's worse than all the paperwork required to purchase a new home. This is a plan Amazon does not need. I will never purchase this protection plan again. The links conveniently keep going down and you keep repeating until you give up in frustration. In my opinion this is a rip off. This isn't helping Amazon's reputation.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 30, 2015
These are worth EVERY PENNY. Most manufacturers warranties will get you through some cursory "it worked when it left here' period. The cost of these extended warranties through SquareTrade has saved my bacon again. 18 months after the manufacturers 90day warranty had expired I had an AV recorder fail to communicate with incoming signal. Weeks of cable and Tivo pointing fingers, SquareTrade stepped up to the plate and said, "were sending you a new one and a ship[ping label, put the unit in a box, your new unit will be there in 2 days" . Best pennies on the dollar I ever spent is on SquareTrade warranties I now buy on EVERY electronics I purchase from Amazon. Thanks Amazon and SquareTrade for your customer support!
on December 29, 2012
I ordered Sharp HTSL70 2.1 Channel Slim Sound Bar Home Theater System ~ & then ordered the 2 year AV protection plan the next day ~~ of course it was charged to my account; but I have never received an email ~ mailed form or anything.... cann't possibly provide coverage if it isn't registered!
on November 1, 2015
They do what they promised. NO claim on this issue, but have made claims on past items with good results. Reccomended for all electronic purchases, as they can go bad at any moment, AFTER the MFG warranty...Better safe than sorry. So much for SO LITTLE. After 50 years of electronics repairs and service, both military and civilian, IMHO, you can NOT GO WRONG WITH THESE FOLK.
on May 21, 2016
I have never in my life used an extended warranty, or protection plan. I paid the extra though because it was a gift. I believe the manurafacture of the product should provide the protection plan built into the product price. These insurance plans are what they are, a way for somebody to make a lot of money for doing... Not much.