Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on March 23, 2014
This is an extended Warranty purchase, that was bought at the same time as the actual item, There is no coordination between Amazaon and SquareTrade about the "order"; which specific item was purchased, price, Amazon order number etc., Specifically no info on what this extended coverage is applicable to, even though the extended warranty was purchased together with the item. Amazon "pops" up the option to buy the coverage along with the item, but it is listed as a separate purchase. That would have been ok if Amazon and Squaretrade coordinated & synch'ed up on the specific item purchased. Square trade sends a "contract" with no information on what is covered. I had to call Square Trade, who required me to send them (email) the pdf copy of the Amazon order as proof of purchase, delivery / shipment information and also provide the description of the item and serial number etc. I can understand they not having the last part but, the "purchase order" info and ship / delivery info must minimally be directly communicated by / obtained from Amazon. They automatically list the coverage date as order date + a couple of days, even though the item I ordered was back-ordered and did not ship for 3 weeks after purchase. When I called Square Trade their attitude was it is your responsibility to call us and convey the information, if you want the coverage. Also, the contract sent is a "generic" boiler-plate one. Does not conta8in their "contract #", which is required if you need to approach them for coverage. Even after I mailed "proof of Amazon Purchase", they did not send me the Contract that identifies the item of purchase covered and their contract number. The customer support is not consistently good. I called about 5 times total to resolve issues with my different order from Amazon. A couple of the folks are extremely cooperative. Others are very rude. Some misleading. When you buy the coverage (in my case a Large TV), they boast "in home" coverage for TVs larger than 35 in screen, but they hide the fact that only hardware issues are covered, and not software or firmware issues. That important "exclusion" detail comes in the contract emailed later. They also don't proactively tell you, you need to mail /email them the Amazon order "proof", to be eligible for the coverage. If you would ever need the coverage, they will not cover until you mail them the "proof of purchase". If I bought a 5 year extended warranty and I need the coverage in the 5th year, if I did not know I needed to send them the "proof of purchase"from Amazon, I would need to scramble after 5 years to did-up he Amazon order info, proof of shipment / delivery etc. Why can't this be obtained from Amazon when the square-trade coverage was purchased, as an integral part of purchasing the actual item from Amazon. That information should include make and model of the item along with the purchase price, date etc. Also, why doesn't square trade proactively seek all the required information from the purchaser of the item, instead of waiting for the purchaser to "discover", he/she needs to provide some critical information to square trade for the coverage to be valid. Seems like finding anyway possible to deny a coverage later on. At least that is impression I get, as they don't include the contract # and other critical information in the actual contract. So,when I need the coverage I have no solid "proof" with me that the "generic contract" sent to me, was supposed to cover this specific item for this specific period. Lots of issues I see need to be rectified with square-trade extended warranty purchase through Amazon.
11 comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 25, 2017
I would appreciate it if someone from square trade could please respond to this? I bought a 2-year protection plan for My headphones I bought from Brookstone. I never got a email from Squaretrade OR Amazon verifying my order or giving me any order numbers even though the extended warranty was purchased together with the item. Amazon "pops" up the option to buy the coverage along with the item, but it is listed as a separate purchase. Square trade (as far as I know) Is supposed to send you an email with a "contract" explaining how to get your items replaced or fixed. I bought these headphones in January and they already stopped working. I would appreciate it if someone could please respond to this and help me get a replacement! Thanks!
on January 8, 2018
absolutely worthless. I bought this as suggested to protect expensive head phones, which the input end broke off inside of my phone. They even thought the head phones were barely used and less than a year old they don't cover physical damage. Can't believe it its not physical if you pay over a hundred dollars for head phones the end should not be coming off into my phone. Really don't waste your money or your time with this company. If I could give no star I would.
on November 6, 2017
I purchased this protection plan for a portable music system I purchased at the same time; it was valid for two years. I never needed it, which is good; more than a year after the expiration of the protection plan, the music system is still going strong, and that's even better. I'm glad I purchased the protection plan, as it gave me peace of mind for the first two years.
on January 3, 2015
I purchased as a gift. The email confirmation came with instructions to gift the warranty. Except a warranty number (required for the transfer) was not included and the warranty did not appear in my Square Trade account as stated in the confirmation. I spent about 45 minutes with a foreign customer service representative and the only satisfaction was that he found a warranty number which he was not allowed to add to my account. So I still cannot transfer, or probably even file a claim, since I do not have the warranty in my on line account to add the warranty number to...

While looking over my Square Trade account, I discovered that the warranty on my Chrome Book was cancelled 6 months after I purchased it and the warranty on my Kindle Paperwhite is not even listed, even though I had been very careful to submit the receipt to Square trade at the time of purchase. Another half hour or so with the foreign customer representative did not resolve either matter, but he said he would look into it further and call me back in 3 - 5 business days.

I certainly do not recommend Square Trade warranties. I have not had expeience with a claim, but if I ever did try to file a claim it extrememly doubtful that they could even find proof of the warranty.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 1, 2016
I got this warranty for a roku 3 player. Their solution is for me to return it so they can try to repair it. If they are unable to repair it, they will issue a credit so I can buy a new one. Problem: what do I use to watch TV in the meantime? If I had a spare, I suppose this would be a good option, but I don't have a spare. I've been working w roku to fix this problem for several months, they couldn't fix it. This is why I bought the warranty, I've had this problem w roku players before.
On the plus side, their cust. service person was very pleasant & helpful. It's just that their solution totally does not meet my needs.
on May 19, 2017
Thankfully, I did not need this this time, but I believe for certain products it is worth the price. I have had one or two lemons via Amazon that went beyond the 90 day return period, and this saved my butt.
on March 8, 2015
I purchased this warranty in November to cover an Apple TV I bought as a Christmas gift. I contacted Square Trade in late November to be sure the warranty would not begin until after Christmas since the gift would not be give until Christmas. I was assured the new owner would be contacted the week after Christmas to announce this warranty. February rolled around and I inquired to see if the recipient had gotten all the warranty information. Good thing I thought to ask because she had not gotten anything from Square Trade. I contacted them again and they sent a multi-step process for me to set up an account, upload a receipt, and directions to complete the transfer of the warranty to my daughter. Not good customer service so far and I fear what the service will be if my daughter actually has to use this warranty. I would not purchase this again or recommend it to anyone else.
on July 14, 2014
when I had a problem with my second sony portable dvd player I tried to get an exchange. but I could not get any ones attention to my problem so I bought my third sony without any insurance policy becasue there usless.
on October 19, 2015
I wish I could give this a ZERO star! These people are obviously crooks - I have submitted my receipt to them twice now, both times following their instructions exactly - once I sent the receipt as a scanned attachment, the second time as a photo. I made certain that the only information in the subject line was exactly what they dictated it to be. They have rejected both receipts but they won't tell me WHY. Total B.S. I bought this as an extended warranty on a DVD player and I'm ready to send the whole thing back as soon as it arrives - might not even take it out of the box.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.