Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 30, 2013
Setting up these warranties is a nightmare. They send you a confirmation, and then want you to send them a receipt of purchase. If you don't set it up right when you get the email, you have to call to set it up. Here is a tip. Some of their people are helpful, and some try to put you off. Hang up and call back until you get someone who will actually set up your warranty and send you confirmation. I have been working on setting up four warranties for the past 3 hours, and now I am trying to find a receipt from an item I purchased in November to send them. They sent me the receipt in the first place. You are stuck with them if you buy from Amazon. This is the only thing I really don't like about Amazon. I have no idea if they really cover items. I guess it would depend on who you get when you call them. Good luck.
28 helpful votes
29 helpful votes
on December 10, 2016
The communications have been awful. I have been without my Apple AirPort Extreme router for over a month now. I sent it in to be fixed. when i received it back it didn't work at all. when i sent it in it worked a little. So i had to sent it back in. 2 weeks go by and no answer from square trade. I emailed to find out whats the status. the reply was the Router is beyond repair and could not be fixed. The matter is with the concern team, who is working on to offer you an alternative resolution. and someone will contact you within 24-48 hours. that was over a week ago. I tried emailing again no response. that was 3 days ago. i tried calling. good luck trying to get someone calling. this has taken way too long. This has been the worst experience with Square Trade I have ever had. I have been a customer for over 10 years. It might be time to look at other warranty companies.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on May 14, 2015
The first time I called Roku (the product for which I purchased this) they said they did not honor the square trade protection plan. Since it is sold together with the Roku 3 I purchased it. So, Amazon and square trade, this is very misleading. Also they said they would email me with the plan's protection and they did not. If you purchase the Roku (any model) you would be better off getting the protection directly from Roku. I love my Roku 3 but I have had some technical problems and needed to call Roku a few times. The problems were easily resolved. With the previous models I had no problems. The Roku 3 has earbuds and subtitles or I would drag out one of my old ones.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on March 23, 2014
This is an extended Warranty purchase, that was bought at the same time as the actual item, There is no coordination between Amazaon and SquareTrade about the "order"; which specific item was purchased, price, Amazon order number etc., Specifically no info on what this extended coverage is applicable to, even though the extended warranty was purchased together with the item. Amazon "pops" up the option to buy the coverage along with the item, but it is listed as a separate purchase. That would have been ok if Amazon and Squaretrade coordinated & synch'ed up on the specific item purchased. Square trade sends a "contract" with no information on what is covered. I had to call Square Trade, who required me to send them (email) the pdf copy of the Amazon order as proof of purchase, delivery / shipment information and also provide the description of the item and serial number etc. I can understand they not having the last part but, the "purchase order" info and ship / delivery info must minimally be directly communicated by / obtained from Amazon. They automatically list the coverage date as order date + a couple of days, even though the item I ordered was back-ordered and did not ship for 3 weeks after purchase. When I called Square Trade their attitude was it is your responsibility to call us and convey the information, if you want the coverage. Also, the contract sent is a "generic" boiler-plate one. Does not conta8in their "contract #", which is required if you need to approach them for coverage. Even after I mailed "proof of Amazon Purchase", they did not send me the Contract that identifies the item of purchase covered and their contract number. The customer support is not consistently good. I called about 5 times total to resolve issues with my different order from Amazon. A couple of the folks are extremely cooperative. Others are very rude. Some misleading. When you buy the coverage (in my case a Large TV), they boast "in home" coverage for TVs larger than 35 in screen, but they hide the fact that only hardware issues are covered, and not software or firmware issues. That important "exclusion" detail comes in the contract emailed later. They also don't proactively tell you, you need to mail /email them the Amazon order "proof", to be eligible for the coverage. If you would ever need the coverage, they will not cover until you mail them the "proof of purchase". If I bought a 5 year extended warranty and I need the coverage in the 5th year, if I did not know I needed to send them the "proof of purchase"from Amazon, I would need to scramble after 5 years to did-up he Amazon order info, proof of shipment / delivery etc. Why can't this be obtained from Amazon when the square-trade coverage was purchased, as an integral part of purchasing the actual item from Amazon. That information should include make and model of the item along with the purchase price, date etc. Also, why doesn't square trade proactively seek all the required information from the purchaser of the item, instead of waiting for the purchaser to "discover", he/she needs to provide some critical information to square trade for the coverage to be valid. Seems like finding anyway possible to deny a coverage later on. At least that is impression I get, as they don't include the contract # and other critical information in the actual contract. So,when I need the coverage I have no solid "proof" with me that the "generic contract" sent to me, was supposed to cover this specific item for this specific period. Lots of issues I see need to be rectified with square-trade extended warranty purchase through Amazon.
52 helpful votes
53 helpful votes
on February 25, 2017
I would appreciate it if someone from square trade could please respond to this? I bought a 2-year protection plan for My headphones I bought from Brookstone. I never got a email from Squaretrade OR Amazon verifying my order or giving me any order numbers even though the extended warranty was purchased together with the item. Amazon "pops" up the option to buy the coverage along with the item, but it is listed as a separate purchase. Square trade (as far as I know) Is supposed to send you an email with a "contract" explaining how to get your items replaced or fixed. I bought these headphones in January and they already stopped working. I would appreciate it if someone could please respond to this and help me get a replacement! Thanks!
2 helpful votes
on August 24, 2017
On Amazon web page after ordering this 2 year warranty it states that manufacture warranty is good year 1. Then states that Square Trade Warranty is good year 2 and after. Called to today thinking my warranty was valid through the end of December 2017 as product this warranty was to have covered was purchased the end of December 2014. That would have made manufacturers warranty valid through December 2015 and Square Trade Warranty valid through December 2017. When calling to file a claim on my item was told the Square Trade warranty starts the same time the manufacturers begins. Guess I learned a lesson!
on March 30, 2016
My wife and i bought a sony dvd player. It started freezing and randomly shutting off. We tried a system restore and it did not work. Sent it to squaretrade. They told us that they resoldered the board and did some things to fix it. They lied, all they did was a system reset, which we told them we did already, and they sent it back to us. I got a hold of them and told them it still was not working. They said they would call back and have someone fix it, they never called back.

NEVER BUY FROM SQUARETRADE!
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on April 26, 2017
I was offered this plan on a pair of headphones. While I was wearing them, I dropped my device and the strain damaged one of the wires leading to loss of sound. This was considered "non-covered accident damage" under the plan. With headphones I would consider that "normal use failure." In the future I wouldn't bother with this plan for any type of mobile device or headphones since most failures are going to come from bumps, drops, spills, etc.
on November 6, 2017
I purchased this protection plan for a portable music system I purchased at the same time; it was valid for two years. I never needed it, which is good; more than a year after the expiration of the protection plan, the music system is still going strong, and that's even better. I'm glad I purchased the protection plan, as it gave me peace of mind for the first two years.
on January 3, 2015
I purchased as a gift. The email confirmation came with instructions to gift the warranty. Except a warranty number (required for the transfer) was not included and the warranty did not appear in my Square Trade account as stated in the confirmation. I spent about 45 minutes with a foreign customer service representative and the only satisfaction was that he found a warranty number which he was not allowed to add to my account. So I still cannot transfer, or probably even file a claim, since I do not have the warranty in my on line account to add the warranty number to...

While looking over my Square Trade account, I discovered that the warranty on my Chrome Book was cancelled 6 months after I purchased it and the warranty on my Kindle Paperwhite is not even listed, even though I had been very careful to submit the receipt to Square trade at the time of purchase. Another half hour or so with the foreign customer representative did not resolve either matter, but he said he would look into it further and call me back in 3 - 5 business days.

I certainly do not recommend Square Trade warranties. I have not had expeience with a claim, but if I ever did try to file a claim it extrememly doubtful that they could even find proof of the warranty.
11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.