Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 50-$75|Change
Price:$1.00+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 5,466 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,820 reviews
on January 21, 2016
Misleading. I bought it for my Kindle, with assumption that "Accidental Damage from Handling" (ADH) was part of the deal. I never would have purchased had I known that I was only buying an extra year of coverage for manufacturing defects. I would have taken the risk that, if there was a defect with my Kindle, said defect would present itself within a year.

The product page on Amazon does NOT expressly state that ADH is not covered -- this is only stated in a PDF of terms and conditions only available in the linked PDF. This is a 4,077-word contract crammed into 2 pages. The exclusion of ADH is mentioned in the middle of the first column of the second page (see photo attached).

Of course, the Amazon product page doesn't expressly say that accidental damage IS covered. If you, as I did, miss the link to the Standard Terms and Conditions, you might, as I did, go to the SquarePage website to check it out. You might, as I did, click on the top of the page describing its coverage of "Tablets/E-Readers." Note that the first feature it lists is that the policy covers drops and spills. You might, as I did, read that and conclude, as I did, that you'd be covered you if you accidentally drop or spill something on your stupid Kindle.

Now I've busted the thing, and I realize I've been played for a fool. Well played, SquareTrade. Well played.
review image review image review image
1212 comments| 366 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2016
My Horrible SquareTrade Experience:

I purchased a Dell UltraSharp U2414H 23.8" Inch Screen LED Monitor through Amazon on July 16, 2016. I added a SquareTrade 3-Year PC Peripherals Protection Plan ($200-$250). The monitor developed a screen problem, a thin "dead" line running across it noticeable when scrolling up and down.
SquareTrade 3-Year PC Peripherals Protection Plan ($200-$250)

After contacting SquareTrade via Amazon, I received a response on Sep. 30 requesting my warranty information. I received email instructions to call "Finn" at 1-877-927-7268.

On Wed., Oct 12 I called SquareTrade at 10:30 AM. After 37 minutes on hold listening to muzak I was connected to Daniel Johnson (Claims). After explaining my situation, he transferred me to Sam (Computers), after a wait on hold for another 16 minutes. Sam transferred me to Eddie (Electronics) after being on hold for another 13 minutes.

Eddie informed me that my monitor was still under warranty by Dell, that I needed to contact Dell first for warranty coverage (1-800-624-9897). Eddie transferred me to Dell.

After answering many questions as to the monitor's providence, Dell informed me that the monitor was built 2 years, 11 months, and 18 days ago and was no longer covered under Dell's one-year warranty. I was advised to contact Amazon. (At this point, I had over 3 hours invested this morning in this quixotic quest, and counting.)

I called Amazon, spoke with Tiffany. She told me Amazon only warranties this purchase for 30-days after purchase (which I learned when this circular firing squad began weeks ago). She told me it "should be" covered under my SquareTrade contract, that I "shouldn't have to" go through this ordeal. She advised that I call SquareTrade. I told her once again that I'd been there, done that, and here I am. She promised that she'd email SquareTrade about this situation. I told her that I WILL NOT respond to SquareTrade's request to call them AGAIN only to waste hours on hold only to begin this circular firing squad all over again. She said she'd request that THEY call ME. I told her "When the phone doesn't ring I'll know it's SquareTrade."

UPDATE: Oct 20, 2016

SquareTrade never contacted me per Amazon's request. I had been advised by Amazon to give SquareTrade two business days to reply. When three had passed without a word from SquareTrade I called and spoke with Amazon again. The gentleman I spoke with couldn't understand why everyone was giving me such a hard time, such a run-around. He simply processed a full replacement, shipped it one-day delivery. It arrived today. I set it up and it seems to be running perfectly. Sheesh, what an ordeal, but thank you to the last Amazon customer support guy for restoring my faith in Amazon. I even reactivated my Amazon Prime membership, which I had dropped after last week's run-around.

I have just requested a full refund from SquareTrade. I'll update here when/if I receive a response, or if I need to pursue that further as well.

UPDATE: Oct 21, 2016

SquareTrade just sent me an email with a link "How to File a Claim." Like everything else about them so far, their link does not work.
1111 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2016
Thought I did a good thing by getting a 10 dollar warranty with a router I had purchased on Amazon, as it was suggested to me on the bottom. When the router finally died after less than a year, like most linksys routers do, I went to file my claim and was told that because it was manufacturer refurbished, I was out of luck. Kinda bizarre that it would be suggested with the purchase, but the purchase was ineligible.

I'll never get another extended warranty, a lot of weird stipulations and loopholes for them to get out of the claim. I thought I could trust a big name such as square trade, however they're just as deceitful as most.
on January 18, 2017
I've never given one star but I just have to with this. I was supposed to get it December 28, it's January 18 and I still haven't gotten it. Don't bother with this item, it's only a dollar or two but it's not worth it. Customer service is horrible, and it doesn't cover nearly what it advertises to (I just read all of the terms). If you buy this and your item breaks they'll find a reason to not cover you (this is based on all the other reviews, and the very specific terms). Save yourself the stress and buy a protection plan that's a little more expensive. I'm not even going to bother fighting for my dollar, you guys can keep it.
on December 10, 2013
I could not transfer the protection plan online 'as advertised' in the square trade confirmation email. The online form requires a Policy Number which is NOT provided. So then you must call the company and answer questions for at least 20 minutes to complete the transfer. Good luck. You are then told that It is also highly recommended that you email Square Trade your merchant (amazon) receipt.

The followup email stating that it had been successfully transferred had erroneous information in it so I had to call Customer Service A G A I N. Too much trouble and I wish that I had not purchased the protection plan.
on March 31, 2015
Very disappointed; this is not what I thought it was.I recently invested an awesome and expensive keyboard thinking I'd have it for life so I bought the square-trade protection plan auto-suggested by Amazon's upsell-bots thinking I was protecting my purchase. I have heard good things about squaretrade being easy and no hassle and thought it was worth the extra money to insure my purchase.

I spilled water on the keyboard and now they wont honor my squaretrade plan because it was an accident. I will definitely warn people that squaretrade does NOT mean full insurance coverage. Wouldn't have even purchased if I knew it did NOT cover accidents. I will likely not purchase anything from squaretrade again. I wish there was a reliable service that honored accident protection, I would buy it for most of my electronics.
on January 29, 2014
Between Square Trade and Amazon I do not know whom is more inept. I purchased this warranty with a mechanical keyboard for my son. $150 keyboard that I felt deserved a little extra protection. Honestly, I wouldn't have purchased the keyboard if I didn't believe I could get a valid warranty for it. As it turns out, after the purchase the warranty information never arrived so I could register it. So I contacted Amazon whom directed me to square trade. After a very fruitless conversation with an outsourced customer service rep, Square blamed the problem on Amazon. Amazon issued the warranty in another person's name. So Square couldn't resolve the problem according to them. I was forced to call back Amazon, they started an A-Z claim, what I didn't know at the time was A-Z meant force a refund which is not what I wanted. I wanted a valid warranty and never received one. Both companies just blamed each other and ultimately I am now stuck with a product that has no warranty other than the factory that comes with it. I should have ordered the keyboard from Newegg because they have always made sure I received my product. Refunds are for people whom want one, what I was looking for was customer service and a warranty. Amazon and Square are only interested in refunds, not fulfilling the orders and making people happy. I paid for a warranty because it gave value to my purchase, a refund devalues my purchase when it comes to a warranty.
on January 24, 2017
It should be exactly what you think - you have a problem with the product, they tell you to go to the manufacturer, warranty with manufacturer is 2 years, square trade warranty is 2 years. There is NO value in this warranty AT ALL - ZERO. Don't think that this gives you some sort of "no hassle" replacement because it DOES NOT.
on July 7, 2016
I should have read other reviews. You should too - BEFORE purchase!
This warranty does NOT extend the manufacturers warranty. It runs WITH it. My manufacturers warranty on the purchased SSD was for two years. So the 3 year "Square Trade" warranty is really only a ONE year extended warranty. And if you purchased a 2 year extended warranty you basically just gave them the money for nothing. Great deal, huh? NOT. At least I found out about it within the 30 day 100% refund term and cancelled it. $21 for one year of warranty is definitely not worth the price.
on August 24, 2016
Purchased their 2 year coverage and then found out the peripherals I have come with 2 year coverage from the manufacturer...Seeing as how their 2 year coverage simply mirrors my OEM warranty instead of extending it beyond that of my OEM one, I returned and saved my money. The big print giveth and the small print taketh away.

So to clarify how this works, if your OEM warranty is 90 days, then maybe a 1 or 2 year protection plan is warranted as the protection plan mirrors your 90 days and then extends another 9 months beyond that. I'd be asking yourself how good the product is though if the mfgr only warranties it for 90 days.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.