Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $1-$50|Change
Price:$3.92+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 79 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 262 reviews
on October 2, 2013
I purchased this plan to use on a product that I knew had history of breaking down. Sure enough, 3 months into use, the product breaks. I contacted Square Trade and seemed to be routed to an international call center. It was so loud in the background, the person couldn't hear me. They called me back and explained to me that even though the 'plan' I purchased was a 2 year 'plan', the first year wouldn't be covered by them since the manufacturer warranty could still be employed.
All of that was fair--the item could be replaced, but I inquired why I was buying coverage from them when they weren't going to be helping me at all. So, after jumping through the hoops of registration, email, phone call with Four Square, I had to call the manufacturer. Spare yourself the frustration.
on November 2, 2011
You cannot go wrong a Square trade warrantee. I had purchased a Mp3 player and had forgot I put a warranty on it so when It broke I just place it a draw and forgot about it. Well one day I was looking for something else and I came across the warrantee I was so happy that I might be able to get it fixed I figure they would not give my money back like most warrantees.

I contacted customer service and got a response back right away they said it might be a battery I am like here we go they are going to beat around the bush and not honor it. I wrote right back and told them the battery was internal.

Later that same day they sent me a return shipping label to return it to them I printed it out and before I could even sent it out I received another email that day that said here is your full purchase price in a Amazon gift card (which I requested for my money to be refunded that way).
I was so floored a company like this still existed so when I went to buy another player I did not even second guess which warrantee I would go with
on September 26, 2013
Because I used the link provided in the email from the Square Trade protection Plan, I am assuming that they already have a copy of the receipt for the item I purchased via Amazon at the same time as I purchased the protection plan for this item. I have filled out the items required by Square Trade at the link, and there is no obvious way for me to upload my receipt for the item; this leads me to conclude that the receipt was already transmitted to them, but I know I will keep my copy of the Amazon receipt just in case this isn't true. This could be a bit clearer at the link you are directed to, one way or another.
on September 15, 2013
I recently had to contact square trade to get refund for an mp3 player I purchased on amazon. The mp3 player quit after several months.. I was on the phone with square trade a short time, I was able to use my online account with them to track the process I described the problem. They emailed me a pre- paid shipping label with an r m a . If you are buying an item it's well worth the extra few bucks to get an extended warranty. I just purchased another mp3 player and added the square trade warranty as well on this one too. The customer service was great, the process was easy and fast. I would highly recommend them.
on December 10, 2011
I just purchased this warranty plan for an Apple Ipod touch 4g (White) last night. I just received my warranty paperwork via internet today. I love the fast response of documents and the accessability via phone and internet. I was able to download and/or email them a copy of my sales receipt so that a copy would be attached to my account. This is very convenient for me. Once I receive my product I can easily log in my account a provide all product information that's required. Quick, easy and no hassle. It seems like the right choice to make. However, the full outcome is yet to be discovered. Only time will tell if and when you have to file a claim. I hope it never has to come to that but you never know. SquareTrade 2-Year Accident Protection + Warranty (MP3 Players $100-125)
on November 16, 2013
This claims to be a two year warranty, but they have some fine print that makes your product covered only AFTER the manufacturer's warranty expires. I told the Square Trade agent that the manufacturer would charge me for shipping - I was told that that's my responsibility. I'm sorry, but if I paid for a two year warranty I should have peace of mind that this would cover me for two years and not force me to deal with expensive shipping charges from the manufacturer. Call them before purchasing this plan, and see for yourself if this is something you actually want.
on October 1, 2013
I am feeling shaky about this plan. You receive an email saying "Contract is Enclosed". Then it gives you a button to "finish setting up your plan". You are presented with a screen to set up your profile and it denies you access with some sort of message indicating that a warranty is registered to the email you list! So, you call, and they are quite helpful, but can't complete your warranty plan setup until you give them the product serial no.! This is roundabout and gives one little confidence in the service that you might want.
on December 4, 2013
I bought this when I bought my MP3 player as a just in case.. well that just in case came.. so here I am, no stress , cuz I got the square trade protection plan right... uhm yea no.. I sent the details like a good consumer and what do I get.. a response that I still have a warremty with the MP3 player and I can go to them, thanks and have a nice day.. wow really what's the point in getting the protection if their just going to turn you away. Don't waste your money, because you just end of wasting your time..
on September 26, 2013
To be honest, i bought after i read other reviews, and have not used the service yet. Because i am clumsy, keep dropping my MP3 into water while i am doing yard works. I have 3 units. Once, it's dropped into water, i placed it in my rice container. After awhile, it's working again. I bought for other protection, in case it drop on hard surface and screen crack, or inside got damage.( i damaged 2 old MP3 (it was heavy, so the screen crack). I got wiser now ;)). I will write another review after i use the service.
on August 9, 2010
I read the SquareTrade warranty agreement a couple of times understanding what a great coverage it would be for the MP3 players I just purchased as gifts. Listed were all kinds of examples of coverage, like, dropping it, having it fall in water etc. After reading the list of covered areas I couldn't think of any area not covered, so I bought two warranties to cover the two MP3 players. Within one week the screen cracked on one of the MP3 players and I think that it is covered. When I try to collect on the warranty, I find out that I have purchased the wrong warranty and it isn't covered. However, the company will replace the player if I send it back to them with an additional $15.00. This may not seem like a large sum but I still feel as if I have paid for the player over and over again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.