Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 75-$100|Change
Price:$2.08+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 4,469 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,802 reviews
on September 7, 2016
What a scam! DO NOT BUY THIS PROTECTION PLAN!!! I bought a Canon printer and I bought a Square Trade Protection Plan for 4 years that is to cover a printer value between $75-$100. I bought both from Amazon at the same time and day. After only 2 years the printer broke and Canon said they can't fix it so I filed a claim with Square Trade. They are refusing to cover the cost of the printer because I paid for most of it with my reward points from my Credit Card!! What difference does it make how I pay for an item through Amazon? It doesn't say that in the listing. So beware, they will gladly take your money but when its time to file a claim, they find some reason not to cover it.
11 comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2014
The next steps are not told to you - but as I understand it ...... I bought coverage. Never needed to use it. I picked 4 stars but I really have no idea how good it is. Made me happy, though, to feel safe. I noticed that even though the pop-up for purchasing this coverage happens when you click on your item you are going to buy on Amazon, the coverage has no link to what you buy. In fact, what you need to do is register your item with them. So after you buy something, if you click yes on buying coverage, the next steps are not told to you - but as I understand it:
**** WHEN you get the Amazon item proof of purchase - the electronic receipt - by email from Amazon, and WHEN you also get a notice of coverage from SquareTrade, then it becomes your job to: GO TO the SquareTrade.com website and make an account for yourself (this is based upon the emailed info from SquareTrade) NEXT - find the right warranty in YOUR ACCOUNT's manage warranty's section. Click on the warranty item that is the one for that specific item you wish to register - the one you purchased on Amazon that applies to your specific item. This is easy if its one, and not easy if you got more than one. THEN you click on that warranty item on the list of your warranties to register your item. They give you no information about which one is which. If you got mote than one, then you have to figure that out. If you buy a printer and a computer, they do not really tell you anything as to which one is which. You need to be clever and guess. One clue can be the cost of the item (If you have two costing within the same range, well, maybe it won't matter - I can't guess what to do then - maybe call them up?) Anyway - for the next step once you guessed which item is supposed to go with which warranty - then you click on the one on the list that you have figured out goes with your product. The pop-up gives you information and a few simple questions to answer and that should be that. I guess you can not give a serial number until you get the item, so if that is a problem, wait till the item arrives to register. Also - remember that the serial numbers are most often on the box an item comes in - so do not throw the box away until you've got that information. So you registered, Hooray! - Now the last step is really important - print a paper copy of the Amazon Receipt - if you ever have to use the coverage a paper copy has to go inside with the item when you send it in to show the cost, etc. Its like an insurance claim - they need proof of how much you paid before they pay you. One thing useful is the item name for the warranty can be edited. So, I bought a PC for my wife and I renamed that warranty "WifePC" and now I do know what it goes with - WOW WOW WOW !!!! Done
*** OR When you click on the warranty, information comes up - and among the facts there is a number for that specific warranty. So, as an alternative, you can register the item by email: You open the Amazon receipt - make sure it is the actual receipt since Amazon sends several confirmation emails and the one you need has to exactly identify your item and date of purchase and cost of purchase - in other words - the real receipt - then forward that email ==> using pop@SquareTrade.com as the recipient ==> you copy that special number from the specific warranty for that specific item [the warranty - policy - number] into the subject line of the email FORWARD you are creating, and in the text of the forward just let them know you are sending them that warranty to register your product's warranty.
It is my understanding this works.
Remember that next and last: Now the last step is really important - print a paper copy of the Amazon Receipt - if you ever have to use the coverage a paper copy has to go inside with the item when you send it in to show the cost, etc. Its like an insurance claim - they need proof of how much you paid before they pay you.
Review? FINALLY MY COMMENT
- FOR A COMPANY THAT IS SO DEDICATED TO CUSTOMERS AS AMAZON IS OR PRETENDS TO BE THIS SYSTEM REPRESENTS A DISMAL FAILURE
***
THEY ARE SELLING YOU THE ITEM AND KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU BOUGHT AND HOW MUCH IT COSTED AND YOUR EMAIL AND SHIPPING ADDRESS AND BILLING ADDRESS AND THE DATE OF SALE - AMAZON KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR PURCHASE - WHY IS IT YOU BUY THE COVERAGE ON THEIR WEBSITE AND THEN HAVE TO SPEND AT LEAST A HALF AN HOUR TO REGISTER IT - OR MAY 15 MINUTES AFTER YOU HAVE DONE IT A FEW TIMES?????
***
ANSWER -- I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THIS SYSTEM IS NON-AUTOMATIC - MOST OF THE REVIEWS ARE ABOUT THAT VERY QUESTION. THEN THERE ARE A LOT OF REVIEWS ASKING HOW TO REGISTER THE ITEMS. SORRY GUYS - THAT IS TOP SECRET - HERE I HOPE TO HAVE EXPOSED THAT SECRET. THEN THERE ARE REVIEWS ASKING HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO FIGURE OUT WHICH COVERAGE GOES WITH WHICH ITEM - IF YOU BOUGHT MORE THAN ONE POLICY - AND ON AND ON IT GOES - WHERE AMAZON STOPS NOBODY KNOWS! MAYBE THE DAY WILL COME WHEN THAT CLICK DOES IT ALL FOR YOU - IN THE MEANTIME - GET READY TO DO THEIR JOB FOR THEM WHEN YOU GET THIS COVERAGE AND REMEMBER THAT REGISTRATION DOES NOT CHANGE THE NEED TO PRINT OUT YOUR RECEIPT - PAPER IS NEEDED IN WITH THE ITEM SENT IN FOR COVERAGE AND NOTE THAT THEY DO NOT MAIL YOU NOTHIN!
11 comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2017
Have not had a need to use, but it is affordable for what it is.
I'm giving 4 stars because after 40 days, still never heard from the company. I called tech support which I think is outsourced. Phone rep was on the border of being rude when I explained I hadn't received anything from them. He cut me off saying it was emailed. I reinforced my previous statement that I received *nothing* from them. He again was on the border of an argument stressing I deleted the email or it was in my spam folder. I assured him I am a network administrator, and was logged directly to my email server and had checked all folders including deleted and spam and again I assured him there was NOTHING from his company. I asked him to read to me the email he/they were sending to, and although he had a strong accent, I knew he wasn't reading it correctly. I spelled it out to him, and seeming annoyed he tried to read it out in an incorrect NATO phonetic alphabet. I kept saying you're leaving out a letter. He kept saying check again; and I assured him that when an email arrives I see it immediately as I am remotely connected to my server. I was borderline ready to blow my top, so I calmly read my email to him once more and said "I'll give you 24 hours to get the email to me". Only then, did he realize the mistake he was making and I got the email and I registered my product on their site.
Apparently Square Trade is owned by Allstate Insurance. This makes me feel better than thinking this was a company from India or Pakistan where their tech support is from.
I am protecting a new HP Color LaserJet I purchased the same day as the protection plan. I probably will get better support from HP than trying to use this. After reading the small print, at best, this may just give you some peace of mind, but not much as far as coverage.
You may want to go to squaretrade.com and review the plans and the small print. Coverage is 10% +/- of new price of the item. And it's a bit confusing when the coverage starts. The small print seems to indicate it starts AFTER the manufacturer warranty, but by then you have used 1 year of this protection, so you buy 3 years, but only get 2. I may be wrong, which is why I suggest you read before you blindly buy like I did.
on August 28, 2012
I have SquareTrade warranties on all of my electronics.I purchase it everytime I place an order on Amazon.I've only had to use it one time so far but I am very pleased with the outcome.The screen on the netbook I purchased for my wife went blank and had no display.I shipped it to the manufacturer because it was still under their warranty.They declined to repair it for free because they said it was the users fault.I wasn't really surprised but it still made me mad.They would only repair it if I paid them to do so.I finally decided to have them repair it thinking how useless their warranty turned out to be.I decided to call SquareTrade because I put in a claim with them on this first but they told me because it was still under the manufacturers warranty I would have to ship it to them.SquareTrade was very helpful though with sending in the claim.They gave me instructions on what to do and where to send it and phone numbers to call.SquareTrade also told me if for some reason the Manufacturer would not cover the repair to contact them and they might be able to do something about it.I'm glad I did because they told me to fax them the repair bill from the manufacturer and they would reimburse me and they did.Thanks SquareTrade.
88 comments| 281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2017
Got for my Canon printer back last year. When printing stopped, I contacted them & after logging on & supplying some info they refunded me the cost. No hassles, took less than a week for me to upload receipt, serial # info and get monies. Refund stated I had to use for similar item....but I had already purchased a replacement while awaiting approval of the warranty monies to go thru. I contacted Amazon and they transferred the refund into my online balance so I could use for anything.
on September 7, 2015
Normally would not have purchased this kind of insurance protection for an Ink Jet printer. But, I purchased a Canon MX8220 Ink Jet printer which came with a 1 year warranty. In it 13th month it suddenly started giving an error and refused to print (scanning and all other functions continued to work properly). Contacted Canon to find out about what the error code meant. They wouldn't tell me. There only response was take printer to an Authorized repair station. I called the Authorized repair station. They would not tell me what error code meant either. They would take it in for diagnosis and repair. Their standard repair price was much more than what I paid for the printer. No thanks! So, when I purchased a replacement printer this protection plan seemed like a good idea.
on June 16, 2017
I purchased two or three of these things for different products and I don't know which one goes to which product. This is a bad design but a good product. It's kind of hard to apply it if you don't know which warranty goes to which product. Take screen shots of the item you purchase it for, then the Square trade purchase, print them off and staple them together to file or just put them in a digital album. Amazon keeps track but b/u is nice. The company needs to fix this. I was able to use an Amazon insurance company to get a new instant pot when mine broke though. It comes in handy. 9$ for a 120$ pot. Not bad.
on April 16, 2017
This is my second or third contract with this company. One time my new bunny chewed threw my laptop cord. They replaced it even though i told them the truth, the bunny ate it. They have helped with a computer issues on a Dell "tablet" I purchased that no one seemed to know what was wrong and how to fix it. Not really their job but they did it anyway.
on September 3, 2016
Hopefully I won't need to use Square Trade's protection, but in case I do I wanted to get them the receipt as soon as they asked for it.

My purchase of an Epson printer along with a protection plan from Square Trade was immediately followed by a Square Trade email asking me to send an email forwarding a copy of the receipt. This should have been easy. After 7 attempts and 7 messages telling me there was an error with my submission I looked at other reviews and saw something about registering online.

As soon as you register on Square Trade's website you can enter the correct product information (my info listed a computer, but, in fact, I bought a printer) and download a copy of your receipt. It took a few minutes and was quite easy, but the initial experience took over an hour for the numerous attempts at communicating with them. This experience is what prompts me to give only 3 stars.

I look forward to good service now that I'm registered, and they have my receipt and I can contact them easily (which I hope I'll never have to do!)
on February 28, 2017
Awesome. the warranty worked just like it said it would, receive check no hassle or no complaints. Real fast and friendly service. Very professional.
I forgot I bought this warranty with my printer.