Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SquareTrade 3-Year GPS Accident Protection Plan ($250-300)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on June 14, 2013
SquareTrade has stiffed me. My complaint to the BBB follows:

On Oc. 24, 2010, I purchased a three-year warranty from Squaretrade for $31.99 covering a new GPS device; TomTom XXL540. The coverage included the Accident provision.

On Apr. 21, 2013, I submitted a claim the issue being that the battery would not hold a charge. They sent an acknowledgment and said a label was attached. One was not. On 4/22 I advised them of that.

Apr. 25; Received and email from SqTr that on 4/24 (that's correct), a shipping kit had been delivered to my address. It had and I sent the GPS on 4/25.

May 9: Received the GPS with NEW screen damage and, otherwise, in the same malfunctioning condition as caused the claim. I advised SqTr.

May 14: Received email from SqTr advising that a shipping kit would be sent for the return of the GPS.

May 20: Received a phone call from the SqTr repair facility asking what was wrong with the GPS. I told them it wouldn't hold a charge. We exchanged questions and answers and they said that they would send a shipping kit as one had not been sent (see May 14). I updated SqTr and they replied on 5/23.

May 25: The following from SqTr.: "In reviewing your account, I found that we received your item originally on 04/24/2013 and it was repaired by 05/01/2013 which fulfills our 5 days service guarantee. However, since you mentioned that the unit was not repaired correctly, we have filed a rework for you and requested the repair shop to resend you the packing for you to return the unit back to them for repair. Please note that if the repair shop determines that the item cannot be repaired we will simply reimburse the price of your item. However, if the item can be fixed, it would be returned to you once the rework is completed."

May 30: I advised SqTr that I had sent the GPS on Saturday, 5/25.

June 3: I emailed a request for a status update on the repair or replacement of the GPS.

June 4: I called SqTr's warranty help line and the only thing they could tell me was that the repair place had the GPS. I emailed SqTr for and update.

June 7: I emailed for a status update. I received a call from the service facility requesting that I send my car charger. I explained that the car charger has nothing to do with the device's battery not being able to hold a charge and, besides, I use a mains charger to replenish the GPS. I sent an email to SqTr requesting the immediate repair and return of my device or the replacement price per contract.

June 8: Received email from SqTr that the repair facility would call needing the car charger. I wrote back that they do not need it (see 6/7).

June 10: Email to SqTr: "Please return my device fully repaired or a check covering the purchase price."

June 11: Email to SqTr: "Kindly either return my device fully repaired or issue a check. No more delays. Okay?"

June 12 (evening): Email to SqTr: "RETURN OR BUY MY GPS."

It is now 2p PDT, June 12, and there have been no replies. Kindly encourage SqTr to fulfill their obligation.
1111 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2014
Have not needed to use the protection plan but did have a question related to it after purchase. They responded quickly & answered my questions fully. When I buy my Kindle Fire I'm going to get another protection plan thru this company. You just can't afford to be without one for high dollar electronics.
on November 12, 2014
I did not have to use this ...however the one I did buy just gave me back $954 for a TV that burned out 10 days after the manufacture's warranty ran out .....
so now if an item costs more then $50 and I can get a protection plan I do !!!!!
I believe $$$ well spent
on July 13, 2013
It took a while for square trade to contact me after the purchase, so I contacted them and registered my information and later received the warranty details by mail. For the price, what a deal! Replacement for 3 years including just about everything except theft!! Wow! Awesome!
on January 16, 2015
Thought I had already published a review on this.......I haven't had any claim to file on the product I bought this insurance for, but it should come in handy if I ever do....I hope. Not a bad price.
on November 14, 2015
Got it for my rand mcnally 720 tryck gps. Has already paid for itself. Dont be an idiot an pass this up. Customet support aftercare is really great
on October 18, 2015
Always a good deal to insure electronics, Only had one claim, but they paid without any problems.
on June 11, 2014
I decided to purchase Square Trade because it was such a great deal for 3 yrs.at a super low price---I now have Peace of Mind knowing that at any time if my watch breaks down it will be fixed if not replaced---Thank you Square Trade!!!
on April 26, 2015
Why pay for insurance and still have to pay for the replacement item.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2013
I haven't had to use it, so I can't give an honest rating. I can rate the coverage as saying it will cover the cost of the GPS if it does break. I hope I don't have to use it, but it is nice to know it is there. It will be nicer to know they do what they say they do. I hope I can re-rate this if something does come up.

See 1 answered question