Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

SquareTrade 3-Year Laptop Protection Plan ($1750 - 2000)
Service plan term: 3 Years|Service plan covered value: $1750-$2000|Change
Price:$131.48+ Free shipping

on February 14, 2015
Service center refused repair of recurring problem, SquareTrade ignored all of my attempts to communicate about it.
10 people found this helpful
on November 20, 2011
The registration process to activate the warranty online was much to difficult. After several trails, I gave up and returned the product.
3 people found this helpful
on September 22, 2012
I have just received my new computer today. The set-up of this 3-year warranty was very easy to use. I have had no experience with how SquareTrade handles claims.
on July 14, 2015
Never had to use this
on November 20, 2012
When my computer had trouble, SquareTrade asked for photos -- I sent them in within 12 hours of the request but NEVER HEARD BACK! After a week, I called and spoke with a new representative (not the original person, who had stopped responding to my emails), who tried to refuse my claim, as if by second nature. On multiple occasions, they offered to "buy back" my warranty. This is their tactic to effectively erase all evidence you had a warranty at all and avoid taking care of your claim. Finally, after the representative spoke with her "senior manager" they suddenly decided they could repair it (I suspect she never even talked to the manager -- these are just the tactics they use).

Days later, after SquareTrade missed multiple phone appointments which I had changed my schedule to accommodate, they denied my claim -- the technician's report contained multiple inconsistencies, but when I called to point out the inconsistenties, THE REPRESENTATIVE HUNG UP ON ME! He yelled at me, "You're not listening" and then -- click -- he hung up on me! After hanging up on me and without asking, they sent back my computer unrepaired.

TERRIBLE COMPANY -- THEY WILL LIE TO AVOID HONORING YOUR CLAIM. THEY WILL HANG UP ON YOU AND IGNORE YOUR CLAIM. They use their tactics to talk people out of their claims.
2 people found this helpful
on March 15, 2012
Recently, my IPad went one way and I went the other. Me, tripping on stairs, the IPad falling three stories on concrete stairs. I was so heartbroken I sent my husband to retrieve it. It was toast. I mean no home button, nothing good at all. I logged into Square Trade and explained what happened. Within 12 hours I had an email that a return box was sent out and I received it two days later with a pre-paid UPS overnight label. I shipped off the sad IPad and within 2 hours of Square Trade getting the package - I had an email confirming that it was indeed beyond repair and a check was being cut and I'd have it within a week.

Sure as their word-the check arrive 6 days from the date they received the broken IPad. I wouldn't hesitate to insure more devices with Square Trade - they do what so many companies fail to do these days: they keep their word.
on November 24, 2010
I recently purchased my wife a netbook for college. I purchased the extra warranty with spills and drops from Square Trade. About a month after we got the netbook my wife spilled coffee on the keyboard. I called Square Trade and I was told that in cases were Spills occur they issue a complete refund of the purchase price, but they still needed me to ship it to them to verify the damage. I was sent an email with a return label. So all I had to do was print the label and ship the netbook to them. When they received the netbook. I got an email confirming that I would receive the purchase price of the netbook. I was also told if I wanted an Amazon Gift Card I would receive 5% back above the purchase price. To sum up, Square Trade is the BEST warranty service. I have already purchased a warranty for a digital camera I bought from Staples. Great Customer Service from a Great Company.
on January 11, 2012
I purchase Squaretrade warranties for all my electronic purchases. It was only after I filed a claim and the whole process from beginning to end was fast and worry free. Most of my warranties are on computer laptops and I'm so glad as two of the laptop's broke down within a year's time. Squaretrade is always there to process my claim. Although they've required more details along with pictures to support my later claims, I'm still glad they are a trustworthy company that alway's stands by their customer's. Gives me piece of mind I'm not wasting my money for high purchase electronics that may go bad if they are proctected by Squaretrade.
on September 10, 2011
I've purchased many Squaretrade warranties and have the unfortunate luck of have things break, but they've come through for me each and every single time. These guys rock. My claims are reviewed and approved within 5 days as claimed and usually takes another week for me to ship the item in. I've recommend Squaretrade to many other people and have shown them my Paypal transaction history as proof that they've come through for me. These guys are rock solid and I wouldn't recommend making any major purchase without them. You might also consider signing up for their mailing list to receive regular 20%-30% discount codes for your next big ticket purchase.
on March 11, 2012
When my son purchased a new laptop for college, I worried about what may happen to it due to transporting around campus and school to home. We purchased a Squaretrade warranty with the accident insurance. This past week my son's laptop slid off his desk onto it's side. The AC power adapter cracked. I filled a SquareTrade claim. They immediately responded and told me they would be sending me a prepaid box to send the computer and all its components to SquareTrade. I emailed customer service again and told them there was nothing wrong with the computer and my son could not be without his computer while at college. I told them we only needed a power adapter. The customer service person was extremely understanding and immediately changed my claim and allowed me to order an AC adapter from Dell. I forwarded the sales receipt to SquareTrade and within 4 days I had my check in my hand to repay me for the power adapter. I have never had such a good experience when dealing with a warranty. I have dealt with Dell, Fujitsu and HP and have always had to jump through numerous hoops to have any assistance. I would recommend the warranty to anyone.
One person found this helpful