Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

SquareTrade 3-Year Laptop Protection Plan ($250 - 300)
Service plan term: 3 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 250-$300|Change
Price:$18.88+ Free shipping

on May 29, 2012
I purchased a three year warranty on a laptop using the iphone application two years ago, I payed in full with paypal and took a picture of my receipt and sent it along. I then received an email indicating that my account everything was complete in the event that I needed to warranty my laptop. Two years later, when I need to have some minor things repaired there is no record of my receipt on file. Not a big deal because I kept my receipt and resubmitted it. I shipped off my computer as they requested and waited for a reply. A week and a half later I get an email from Debra Canter telling me I need to pay $250 to repair my computer with no explanation as to why. I called the squaretrade people and was informed that because of a crack on the screen bezel (cheap plastic thing that goes around the screen) my computer must have been dropped and my warranty does not cover accidental damage. The other issues were a battery that wasn't discharging correctly and a sticky key in the keyboard. So I cut my losses and told them to refund my money (approximately half of what I paid) and return my computer. Five days later I still had not received any tracking information so I called to find out if it had been shipped. It had not, I called the next day and was furnished with a tracking number and told that I would have my computer back in two days. They shipped it UPS ground and it was not due for six days, then it could not be delivered because they did not deign to properly copy my address. I will absolutely never give these people another cent.
1717 comments| 164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 16, 2012
I like how those customers are leaving 5 star reviews, and somehow most of them have an HP notebook, oh and not the mention they only reviewed this warranty but nothing else, none of those reviews say "Amazon Verified Purchase", seriously its so desperate to come here and write fake reviews to attract customers, and fyi I checked all of those reviewers' profiles and only one of them reviewed another item. So be careful before you choose SquareTrade, my friend was not happy with his warranty, his iPad had a water damage and square trade did not cover it.
1111 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 11, 2013
Here's what you need to understand if you need your mouse fixed or the keyboard replaced or a minor cosmetic fix then go ahead and invest that kind of money in this warranty. But if you happen to purchase a lemon unbeknownst to you, This is not the warranty for you.
Their technicians were incapable of fixing a blue screen/hot computer. This HP I ordered was an entertainment laptop for gaming and watching movies. I was unable to do either. This is not a review about the laptop that is a separate issue.
This was a very disappointing warranty.

*******UPDATE: Square trade gave me a full refund.
77 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 1, 2009
Before you buy this here: Note, the coverage offered here at the Amazon website is standard only. The Drop and Spill coverage is sold separately and on Amazon but it is expensive. Call the 1-877-warranty number and speak to a SquareTrade rep directly. I got both the 3 years standard coverage for my $799 laptop and the drop and spill coverage for a total (including tax) of $152. You will note, that most of the five stars is because the laptops were damaged by falls and spills and SquareTrade came through for them, so beware, the coverage offered here is only for normal hardware system failure. This is great coverage if you purchase it with drop and spill and get the deal that SquareTrade will make with you directly.
44 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 18, 2011
The DVD drive in the SquareTrade warranted computer fried and locked up the machine. As I needed to use the computer, I disconnected the old one and purchased a new one while filing a claim. Because of this the claim was turned down. I have the old drive that I could have sent them had they requested it, but they simply turned down the claim. I canceled this policy and all others with SquareTrade. Look elsewhere for extended warranties. You get what you pay for.

After writing this and multiple other reviews around the net (e.g. epinions), I was informed that the person handling my claim was no longer with them. They accepted my dead DVD drive, made good, and reimbursed me. I still have zero policies with them.
55 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 12, 2015
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 18, 2010
I bought a warranty for my new laptop computer. However, when my laptop's - supposedly it's mother board - went out Square Trade would not fix my laptop. They said it would cost them more money than my retail price of $700 for my laptop. So now I am stuck with a dead laptop and I had paid for a four year warranty which is no good. I bought my laptop and warranty through Ecost and even Ecost wasn't able to help me. SquareTrade has a hidden policy about the amount of money they are willing to spend on a laptop and if they think it will be over the price they have the right to refuse the warranty! Now I have to buy a new laptop and I will not use Ecost or SquareTrade ever again. Be smart and do not rely on SquareTrade for your warranty. This just happened to me in April 2010.
5150+ comments| 180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 14, 2009
I bought a laptop off of eBay. It was supposed to be a couple months old. But I had trouble after the first 2 weeks. And it died on me after just a couple of months. But thanks to square trade warranty was there for me. They stood behind the warranty 110%. I got my purchase price back with in a week and that included the shipping time to ship it back, which they paid for. ***** Five stars all the way.
on February 2, 2012
Every electronic device I own is warranted by Square Trade from cell phones to ipods to laptops to cameras. Recently I as well as both of my nieces dropped our netbooks. Of course they were totaled. They were also warranted by Square Trade. I filed our claims on line. The next day we received a prepaid label to mail them to Square Trade. As soon as they were received , we were reimbursed. One niece and myself wanted a new laptop so we were paid through PayPal and purchased new netbooks from HP.com and one wanted money. We all received our reimbursements the same day. The whole process took seven days. These new netbooks will also be warranted under Square Trade as well. This is the best warranty service ever. I recommend them to my family members , friends , co-workers , and anyone I hear that has bought an item and want to cover their purchase with a number one no hassle warranty service. You can't find better coverage at a price this low anywhere. Thank You Square Trade.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 19, 2013
I have used Square Trade warranties for 3 computers, an MP3 player, a camera, a refrigerator, a juicer, a set of walkie talkies, and two iPhones.

On the occasions I needed had to use them, they have have been terrific. Their customer service department is superb, and they well help you get warranty service from the manufacturer when your item is still covered by warranty.

Bypass the store warranty. Save some money and get better protection at the same time from Square Trade.