- Brand Name: SquareTrade
SquareTrade 3-Year TV Protection Plan ($75-$100)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free on-site service for TVs 37" and above; free shipping for smaller TVs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Upon purchase, you will get an email confirmation from SquareTrade.ÿ You will not be mailed a paper contract.ÿ If you have questions, please call: 1.877.WARRANTY.
From the Manufacturer
Let's face it—warranties have gotten a bad name. But SquareTrade is changing that. With low prices, award-winning customer service, and thousands of 5-star reviews, SquareTrade delights Amazon customers time after time.
The Most Reviewed Protection Plan on Amazon
SquareTrade customers love sharing stories about how we've saved their day—and they've made us the most reviewed protection plan on Amazon.
What does a SquareTrade plan cover?
Get Help Anytime, 24/7
No matter when you need it, fast and friendly help is always just a click or call away.
Protection from Common Malfunctions
Repairing your average mechanical or electrical failure can cost as much as buying a new device. SquareTrade covers you beyond the manufacturer's warranty, including parts and labor.
SquareTrade Protection Plan
What else does a SquareTrade plan include?
We've got you covered. You pay nothing.
We give you a prepaid shipping label to send your item to us. After we fix it, we send it back to you, FREE.
Customers receive a full refund if they cancel in the first 30 days. Refunds are prorated after that. Transferring your protection plan is free and can be done online or over the phone.
We'll email your protection plan to you within two hours of purchase. (Remember to check your SPAM filter if you don't receive it.)
How does a SquareTrade plan work?
File a claim online 24/7 at squaretrade.com/claims.
We'll cover shipping to and from our repair center.
If we can't repair your item, we'll provide you a replacement with the same or better features.
Things to know:
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email. This is your official confirmation of purchase.
- Your plan begins on the date you purchased your item and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty period. If you have an issue and are covered by the manufacturer during that time, you'll be directed to the manufacturer first.
- If you sell or gift your device, you can transfer your warranty at no cost.
- You may cancel your plan anytime within the first 30 days for a full refund (refunds prorated after that).
- If your item arrives late, call SquareTrade and your plan can be extended to the shipping date.
- If you are eligible for and purchase this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
- Your protection plan is only valid for one underlying product.
Still have questions?
Just visit squaretrade.com or call 1-877-WARRANTY.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Market-competitive price points compared with Best Buy's Geek Squad and other competitors for large electronics, HDTV's, android and i Phones and other equipment which draw you in initially on the purchase.
2. Customer Support still in the U.S.
3. Most customer support associates are friendly and generate the perception of a friendly customer culture but often lack the training, resources or empowerment to address customer concerns.
1. Access ALL of the terms and conditions BEFORE you purchase your warranty. If not, you are likely to be very disappointed if and when your item requires repair. Unfortunately, Square Trade is not transparent in making this information conspicuous before the purchase. ST strategically places their "Terms and Conditions" in text at the very end of the page requiring an electron microscope to read. Most of us never think of reviewing this prior to purchase but you should ALWAYS do so. Remember that the devil is always in the details and this is especially relevant with Square Trade. Their liability under the terms of the warranty is limited to the actual purchase price of your item. READ IT CAREFULLY.
2. Like all warranty companies, they remain excessively bureaucratic. Expect to spend indefinite periods of time and space waiting on the line as they "review" your inquiry or case while you age. ST thinks nothing of asking their customers to hold for 30 minutes as they educate themselves at your expense. Instead of guaranteeing a time-sensitive call-back for those issues demanding such attention, Square Trade associates challenge your patience while they search for information which should be at their fingertips.
3. On many occasions, Square Trade provides inaccurate and/or clearly incomplete information regarding your inquiry. Supervisors are often unavailable or not empowered to resolve customer issues quickly and accurately as used to be the case several years ago. Having had (and have) multiple policies and a repair claim to my credit, my experience suggests that their "Customer Service" is extremely porous with little respect for customer's time.
4. Claim Processing can be inconsistent and cumbersome and is far from a seamless, coordinated process. My repair claim resulted in having to make over six calls to ST. Not only did ST initially deny a valid laptop claim due to a poorly trained associate, but also failed to send out a shipping box as they had agreed.
5. Square Trade's promotional incentives can be misleading and their lack of transparency in honoring them often marginal at best. Keep in mind that to receive ST-sponsored promotions, you must purchase your warranty directly through Square Trade's website and not through Amazon. This can be a clear disadvantage because the best prices on Square Trade warranty products is consistently through Amazon. For example, ST does not offer a 5 year HDTV warranty on their own website; to get this, you must purchase it from Amazon.
6. Communicating with ST through their poor, tinny "outer-space" VOIP line contributes to frustration and not an efficient and pleasant customer experience. The "experience" equation becomes even more prominent if you are unlucky enough to get the representative whose native language is clearly not English or who does not articulate clearly.
7. In addition to their verbatim phone script, ST addresses each client by their first name which I suspect is intended as a friendly gesture. Many of us may find this practice somewhat juvenile and patronizing, particularly those who of us who graduated from kindergarten-I find that "sir" or using a last name seems to work just fine.
1. Consider if you really need these types of "warranties". Consumer Reports has consistently recommended to avoid these types of warranties because the return on investment is often not worth the price of the warranty product.
2. If you do decide to purchase a Square Trade warranty, purchase it directly from Amazon. Here's why: Amazon's partnership with ST is a revenue-enhancing conduit for delivering Square Trade's products. As such, any grievances become arbitrated and rectified quickly and efficiently by Amazon on behalf of its customers. My 9 calls to ST to try and resolve a recent issue remained unresolved until Amazon intervened to issue the accurate credit.
3. Amazon's price points for ST warranties is volatile and changes frequently, often by as much as $10-$15. I suggest placing your chosen plan in your cart and waiting a few days before purchasing since the price fluctuates rapidly. In most cases, you have 30 days from the date of purchase of your equipment to purchase the warranty so you have time to determine the price ceiling and floor for your particular warranty.
3. Request a complete copy of the terms and conditions governing your specific warranty and READ IT CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING.