Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Service plan term: 4 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 600-$700|Change
Price:$64.16+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 166 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 398 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 5, 2013
I haven't had the chance to use my SquareTrade warranty and never will, because three months after buying my long sought after digital camera, I slipped on some rocks while shooting a waterfall and broke my camera. This plan doesn't cover accidental damage, so I'm out of luck.

My three star rating is for the difficulty I had in registering my plan. I've used SquareTrade before on Tigerdirect.com and signup was a foolproof process. Here on Amazon, I had to go the SquareTrade website and try to sign up, but for whatever reason the links on the page did not allow me to sign up. I finally emailed ST customer support and a rep responded that all I had to do was follow the links that weren't working. After exchanging a few emails that escalated in unfriendliness, I finally told ST they could refund my money if they couldn't set up the warranty for me. The next email I got was a confirmation that my warranty had been registered.

What I don't understand is why ST thought it would make more sense and be easier for them the trade emails back and forth with a customer for two weeks when a ST rep could have registered my warranty in seconds and gotten a five star review instead of ticking me off and hurting their rating, albeit only a very tiny bit. There really was some kind of of glitch with their website at that time, but lets say for argument's sake that I'm simply a complete moron. I've worked customer service before and and know that there's no shortage of those in any customer base. Even still, wouldn't it have been easier and better for everybody involved if they had just taken care of the problem right away instead of arguing with me?

I have just went on the SquareTrade site and asked for a refund on the unused portion of my plan. That at least was a quick and simple process... it took about five mouse clicks to accomplish. Still, I have to wonder about how easy it would be to file a claim and get service from ST when it is going to cost them money. If their customer service rep was willing to spend all that time just to NOT have register my plan for me, how eager would he or she have been if I needed to file a claim?
on April 24, 2017
I purchased 3 year warranty for a Canon 70D and the camera started acting up on the 3rd year. I filed claim online, and within 2 days, they approved it, emailed me the free shipping label. Within a week, I received my camera back just like brand new. I would buy the warranty from Square Trade anytime. Very reputable company.
on August 15, 2012
I ordered this warranty for a camera I purchased for my husband. it seemed like a good deal until I actually read more in depth. i thought it had the Accidental Damage protection as well, but it did not. i got my money refunded (which was prompt) and then ordered the one I really wanted from their website. i can't say anything negative about it since I didn't read the warranty in complete detail.
on February 4, 2013
The service is excellent and fast. I bought the warranty from Amazon, realized that it did not have accidental damage coverage and called Square Trade. They changed it to an accidental damage warranty. It is a good thing I did. I took my new camera on a trip and found a crack in the LCD screen. Square Trade immediately sent me a shipping label, determined that it was not cost effective to repair the camera and Square Trade is refunding the purchase price. Amazon does not sell the warranties for Square Trade in this camera price range, but changing the warranty was no hassle. The accidental damage is key. Most credit cards double a warranty, but after the first year or two, mechanical failure is rare. Accidental damage to a camera is common. The peace of mind was worth a lot to me.
on December 18, 2011
Usually i don't buy warranties figuring the manufacturer should stand behind their products. But when i bought a digital camera with a one year manufacturer's warranty on Amazon two years ago i decided to spring for the Square Trade 3 year warranty. Unlike some companies that try to weasel out of paying legit claims i found Square Trade to be great to deal with when my camer's internal flash and macro features failed after two years. An actual person answers the phone when you call. They have records of your purchase (no digging for misplaced receipts). They pay shipping both ways and provide packing materials. The fix took a few days and i had my camera back in a little over a week - good as new plus they clean and lubed it. Good communication on status also. The peace of mind from having a warranty on sensitive equipment is worth it - especially when you can have faith in the warranty provider - Square Trade. I'll be using them again.
on January 3, 2013
I love having the warranty to protect my investment. They make some very powerful protection no hassle statements, and after all the reading up I had done, I believe every word. I feel so confident that I am now using my camera to further my interest in photography. I actually take better care of my camera because its always with me now and that's ONLY because of the warranty. I've come to learn that Amazon is so powerful that companies want there products sold here and will do as they say weather it be customer service, returns, or just plain Great Affordable products that save US money. If I ever fall off another ridge line trying to get that one shot, I know my camera is protected,because my last one sadly to say didn't make it as it was around my neck, in fact "I" almost didn't make it,but I was insured.
on August 24, 2014
Almost two year to the day I used the protection plan for my camera. I just needed my own box and printed a shipping label. The camera came back fixed in five days. I am completely satisfied.
on June 29, 2016
I have a SquareTrade warranty on several of my purchases that I bought previously. I think SquareTrade is a handy warranty in that it will reimburse the customer either by refund or gift card. With the refund or gift card, the customer can buy the same product again or something else.
on February 22, 2012
I don't usually buy extended warranties but I did for an underwater camera I bought 2 years ago. The camera worked fine underwater but developed problems later that made it unreliable. Square Trade was amazing. They offered to try to repair it but because we were leaving shortly on vacation and wouldn't have had time to send it in for service and wait to see if it could be repaired, they refunded my purchase price within a couple days of my sending in the camera. Absolutely no hassle. Excellent service. I highly recommend this warranty company. Also, I think the price for the coverage was more reasonable than many of the in-store extended warranties I have been offered when I buy something at a retailer.
on July 22, 2014
I've never previously had a warranty work out so well -- our camera quit working, and a week and a half later, we had it back and functioning again at no cost to us! It was great to find that they were so easy to work with and there were no strings attached!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.