BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

SquareTrade 4-Year Computer Protection Plan ($2000-$2500)
Service plan term: 4 Years|Service plan covered value: $2000-$2500|Change
Price:$194.59+ Free shipping

on April 6, 2010
I just purchased a new ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1005PE-PU27-BK notebook computer from Amazon.com and wanted extended warranty coverage. I found that coverage through Amazon.com via Square Trade.

Pros: Although I just purchased this three-year warranty for my new ASUS notebook and haven't had a problem with the computer as yet (and hopefully I never will), I had to contact Square Trade for assistance in submitting my ASUS warranty information. Customer Service took me by the hand and walked me through the process. Also, I received e-mail confirmation from Square Trade well within 24-hours of signing up.

Cons: The three-year warranty is actually only good for two years. The notebook comes with a one-year warranty, and the Square Trade warranty starts as soon as you sign up for it. Thus, if there should be a problem with the computer it will have to be sent back to ASUS for service, rather than going through Square Trade.

Summary: All-in-all, for just over $60 for the Square Trade warranty, the cost still works out to about $30 per year (since the first year doesn't count), and that's not a bad price for what you get.
on July 27, 2013
Best price & Customer service. For the little money it cost. I'd rather have my things protected and never have to use it, then to not have it. I see that THE GEEK SQUAD is offering waranties now~don't really know about them, and have used square trade for years. I go with what I know!
on March 18, 2013
PRIOR TO PURCHASING EXTENDED WARRANTY CONTRACT, HAD SEVERAL QUESTIONS.
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE...KNOWLEDGEABLE, EFFICIENT AND PROMPT...

HAD A SQUARETRADE CONTRACT ON ANOTHER LAPTOP THAT JUST EXPIRED...NEVER HAD ANY ISSUES OR PROBLEM TO CALL FOR SERVICING......I AM SURE IF NEEDED, I COULD'VE COUNTED ON SQUARETRADE 100%.

HOPING IF I EVER NEED SERVICE ON MY NEW LAPTOP, I WON'T HAVE ANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS...NO HASSLES/NO RUNAROUND.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SQUARETRADE BEING THERE FOR ME IF SERVICE IS EVER CALLED FOR ON MY NEW LAPTOP...QUICKLY AND EFFICIENTLY.

GREAT VALUE FOR EXTENDED WARRANTY.
on November 16, 2010
I recently purchased what could be considered a "low end" laptop - ACER - from Amazon.com for less than $400 (it's great). I also purchased this very reasonably priced 3-year warranty from Square Trade for $59.00. $59.00 is cheap insurance to accompany an inexpensive laptop - because if the laptop lasts me three years then I will have gotten my money's worth and the warranty keeps me protected for the lifetime of my PC. I was having a problem, it turned out to be with my virus software, but I wasn't sure so I called Square Trade. I got through immediately and had excellent tech support from them. I am very happy that I purchased this warranty. It makes sense to me to buy cheap hardware and use it for three years, with the accompanying warranty, and then buy something else in three years which is the average life of these things anyway.
on June 11, 2013
I purchased an Acer Aspire One Netbook in December 2011. At the same time I purchased an extended warranty through Square Trade for $70. Some might think that is a lot to pay since the Acer only cost me $350. However, it extended my one year OEM warranty to five years. I also registered my Netbook purchase on the Square Trade website by sending a PDF file of my Amazon purchase receipt thus establishing my warranty.

As it turned out, 5 months after the OEM warranty ran out my monitor died. I first contacted Acer to ask for their advice. After the second suggestion didn't work Acer's advice was to ship the Netbook back to them (at my cost both ways) plus $200 and they would take a look at it. Following my less than stellar response from Acer I decided it was time to contact Square Trade via their website. After logging in and providing them with a description of my problem and what I had already done to resolve it they sent me a packing kit with a prepaid 2 day air UPS shipping label. From the time they received my Netbook to when they shipped it back to me Square Trade provided me with updates via their website. The best part is it only took 7 days from the day I shipped my Netbook to when I received it back in pristine condition. What's even better is I still have 3 1/2 years left on my warranty.
on March 18, 2014
i have had to have to items replaced and each time it was hassle free. I recommend always getting protection with electronics and Square Trade is the cheapest. I have a new iPhone 5c and I will definitely be adding the coverage. I wish I'd gotten the accidental drop and spill because I've had a few things crack but I will do it the next time.
on March 5, 2013
I found a great deal on a laptop, but it was pre-owned, meaning it only had a thirty day warranty. It was a laptop I'd never have been able to afford to buy new. Thanks to this warranty, I could buy the laptop I really wanted, knowing that if anything did go wrong I wasn't going to lose my money. Even when you buy from a reliable seller it is smart to back up pre-owned electronics with a good warranty.
on September 7, 2013
Hoping to not have to use this but it was a good price. I wanted to make sure if one of my kids dropped it that I was not just out of luck.
on December 13, 2016
I purchased this because it was cheaper than the manufacturing warranty, and (I thought) covered accidents.

This 'protection plan' turned out to be absolutely worthless. It doesn't protect anything. The description here makes it sounds like the warranty covers accidental damage. It absolutely does not. Some of the questions on this page are straight up false. They won't cover a broken screen. Frankly, it's hard to imagine what this would actually cover.

I don't know what this useless piece of paper actually covers. I feel very strongly that this protection plan or whatever they want to call it is a complete waste of money and should be avoided.
on January 18, 2015
They claimed they could not replicate the problem and sent it back. It replicated instantly for me. Wasted money, serves me right buying a warranty...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.