Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

SquareTrade 4-Year Protection Plan ($0-49.99)
Service plan term: 4 years|Service plan covered value: $1-$50|Change
Price:$10.75 - $287.32

on July 2, 2014
Purchasing this item was the biggest mistake I believe that some of the reviews might be fraudulent, this was my experience with Square Trade in April I experienced a 55 minute hold time and was finally told that a "certified" technician would be sent to my home. The technician should up and could not fix the computer, he suggested that I run to Best Buy to pick up a external disc drive so that he could load software from there. I did so and honestly the only reason I did was because I really needed a working computer.

The technician could not fix the PC so I decided to take it to a local repair ship who said that it would be cheaper to purchase a new computer and that fixing it would basically be like building a new PC. I contacted Square Trade and they said that another technician would come out and look at the computer and that this was there process. I was very upset by this point and said I want the money value of my PC. They than said that the technician needed to come out again and they would take a look at the computer. As of July 2nd the computer is still not repaired and I am still dealing with Square Trade.

When I purchased the protection plan it said if the computer is not repaired within 5 business days I would be reimbursed, so far it was been four months and nothing has been resolved.
1010 comments| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 7, 2017
I bought an electric lawn mover that was defective. No help form Amazon or UPS on that. Terrible experience only silver lining was the prompt response by Square Trade for a refund for the extra protection on a product that was recalled because it would catch fire.
on October 2, 2017
I'm used with different electric gears powered by Lithium-Ion batteries. I think there should be more developments not done yet with these batteries and a little bit of relief may be found if I have this protection plan. I liked the offer and the price.
on October 21, 2017
I am very pleased with square trade. They are easy to deal with and decently priced.
on October 8, 2017
Sturdy, product as advertised. Looks like it is durable. Have already used it several times.
on September 3, 2017
The direction to access the warranty were fairly complicated; but after I looked deeper, there was a very good deal of step-by-step instruction on how to file a claim, and what it would achieve. I think it is always a good idea to get extra protection plans and extended warranties.
on November 14, 2017
I believe in warranty's won't know until I have ti use it
on September 20, 2017
I'm just glad I have it when and in case I will need it.
on October 21, 2017
Always nice to have a warranty on anything it help alot.
on November 6, 2017
Don't think you will need it but just in case is good to have