SquareTrade 4-Year Laptop Protection Plan ($350 - 400)
|Price:||$68.12 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- What's Covered: Drops; Liquid Damage; Other Accidents; Screen Failure; Electrical Failure;
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Upon purchase, you will get an email confirmation from SquareTrade.ÿ You will not be mailed a paper contract.ÿ If you have questions, please call: 1.877.WARRANTY.
From the Manufacturer
Let's face it—warranties have gotten a bad name. But SquareTrade is changing that. With low prices, award-winning customer service, and thousands of 5-star reviews, SquareTrade delights Amazon customers time after time.
The Most Reviewed Protection Plan on Amazon
SquareTrade customers love sharing stories about how we've saved their day—and they've made us the most reviewed protection plan on Amazon.
What does a SquareTrade plan cover?
Get Help Anytime, 24/7
No matter when you need it, fast and friendly help is always just a click or call away.
Protection from Common Malfunctions
Repairing your average mechanical or electrical failure can cost as much as buying a new device. SquareTrade covers you beyond the manufacturer's warranty, including parts and labor.
SquareTrade Protection Plan
What else does a SquareTrade plan include?
We've got you covered. You pay nothing.
We give you a prepaid shipping label to send your item to us. After we fix it, we send it back to you, FREE.
Customers receive a full refund if they cancel in the first 30 days. Refunds are prorated after that. Transferring your protection plan is free and can be done online or over the phone.
We'll email your protection plan to you within two hours of purchase. (Remember to check your SPAM filter if you don't receive it.)
How does a SquareTrade plan work?
File a claim online 24/7 at squaretrade.com/claims.
We'll cover shipping to and from our repair center.
If we can't repair your item, we'll provide you a replacement with the same or better features.
Things to know:
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days.
- Upon purchase, you will receive an email. This is your official confirmation of purchase.
- Your plan begins on the date you purchased your item and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty period. If you have an issue and are covered by the manufacturer during that time, you'll be directed to the manufacturer first.
- If you sell or gift your device, you can transfer your warranty at no cost.
- You may cancel your plan anytime within the first 30 days for a full refund (refunds prorated after that).
- If your item arrives late, call SquareTrade and your plan can be extended to the shipping date.
- If you are eligible for and purchase this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
- Your protection plan is only valid for one underlying product.
Still have questions?
Just visit squaretrade.com or call 1-877-WARRANTY.
Top customer reviews
Main problem I saw right away is that their "lemon" policy wasn't nearly as good as the "quick" amazon description in that it failed to note the limitation of needing 4 repair attempts ON THE SAME ISSUE before this policy kicked in. Boy, theoretically this could leave you without your new computer for MONTHS!
Further, Squaretrade reserves the right to use its sole discretion to decide if a "comparable" item be substituted (of equal or lesser value) or if a refund is issued. I don't like this ambiguity. This was reason enough for me to cancel and take my chances with the manufacturers warranty.
Your mileage may vary.
On the occasions I needed had to use them, they have have been terrific. Their customer service department is superb, and they well help you get warranty service from the manufacturer when your item is still covered by warranty.
Bypass the store warranty. Save some money and get better protection at the same time from Square Trade.
Pros: Although I just purchased this three-year warranty for my new ASUS notebook and haven't had a problem with the computer as yet (and hopefully I never will), I had to contact Square Trade for assistance in submitting my ASUS warranty information. Customer Service took me by the hand and walked me through the process. Also, I received e-mail confirmation from Square Trade well within 24-hours of signing up.
Cons: The three-year warranty is actually only good for two years. The notebook comes with a one-year warranty, and the Square Trade warranty starts as soon as you sign up for it. Thus, if there should be a problem with the computer it will have to be sent back to ASUS for service, rather than going through Square Trade.
Summary: All-in-all, for just over $60 for the Square Trade warranty, the cost still works out to about $30 per year (since the first year doesn't count), and that's not a bad price for what you get.
When you purchase this through Amazon, it does not include this plan though it seems to be the main bonus of getting the SquareTrade extended warranty.
If there is an accident that you wish to get a repair for, do not expect it to be able to be fixed through this warranty. Just go for the extra $30 that you'll pay through the actual website (squaretrade.com) and get that warranty if you still wish to get it-- it is an actually good warranty for the price that you get, but DO NOT GET IT THROUGH A THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE. Getting off the phone with a SquareTrade representative, they told us that it is not anything they can help that another website is selling their product less than anything that they offer from their actual website.